Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Best infantry combat rifle from a fictional story/game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm not really looking for the best rifle overall. I'm looking for what is YOUR favored one!

Remember, in all situations, different rifles can be the perfect solution. So there really can't be one perfect rifle for ALL stories.

Ehem, anyway. My rifle that i'd like to 'Promote' is:

Deus Ex: HR; FR-27 Sanction rifle Flechette

[Image: Combatrifle-side.png]

Its a nice weapon for its Anti-personnel role using its Flechette Sabot ammunition and with the use of Augmentations on enemies, the risk of projectiles not penetrating armoured sections is a risk when using lower caliber weapons. Its magazine (Unaltered) of 20 rounds is some-what nice when you take nice single shots, but spray and pray is a no-go.

Why is it good then? Well, its .303 caliber is quite large for a full auto, being used in British rifles that came around the beginning of 1910's. So a little bit of pride is going through me. So its got a nice punch with it being able to attack multiple enemies when firing rapidly. Its also has a high re-fire rate to supplement with its high automatic-caliber round.

So, this is mainly why i enjoy using this weapon in the game since its a great all-rounder in the situations of 2027. (//If you're augmented yourself))
[Image: Gauss_Rifle.jpg]

Gauss rifle. Because I really love sniping with it. It's easy to get people off their feet with that gun. Thing is, you can easily engage in it in CQB too if you have the aim and the reaction ingame.

In action -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiOHhR04O-w
Comparing different universes is pointless due to different standards present in each. As my favourites...

[Image: 4pOGIUJ.jpg?1]

Imperial bolter (comes in various types and modifications) from Warhammer 40k. Essentially a full automatic self propelled missile launcher. It does not have a stock because this particular one was designed to be used by Space Marines whose oversized pauldrons of doom make it impractical at the very least. They can handle the recoil and accurately fire even from a hip with it anyway.
(07-28-2014, 10:46 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Comparing different universes is pointless due to different standards present in each. As my favourites...

i did quote :
Quote:"Remember, in all situations, different rifles can be the perfect solution. So there really can't be one perfect rifle for ALL stories."
(07-28-2014, 10:46 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Comparing different universes is pointless due to different standards present in each. As my favourites...

[Image: 4pOGIUJ.jpg?1]

Imperial bolter (comes in various types and modifications) from Warhammer 40k. Essentially a full automatic self propelled missile launcher. It does not have a stock because this particular one was designed to be used by Space Marines whose oversized pauldrons of doom make it impractical at the very least. They can handle the recoil and accurately fire even from a hip with it anyway.

i second this, worth to mention there's also "normal human sized" ones. That thing is almost unbeatable in terms of hitting damage...
Nothing is more useful then to have a M41A Pulse Rifle with you when thing get tough or alien
100 round magazine loaded
10x24mm, explosive tip, light armor-piercing, caseless round
And pump-action 4 shot 30mm grenade launcher
[Image: Pulse_Rifle-1-.jpg]
RCP-90 fun to Golden-eye for N64

[Image: th?id=HN.608032760781473409&pid=15.1&P=0]
[Image: MM8Shot.jpg]

If you don't know who that is and what the gun is called, maximum disrespect.
(07-29-2014, 12:12 AM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ][Image: MM8Shot.jpg]

If you don't know who that is and what the gun is called, maximum disrespect.

I was going to say that they had to be weapons that needed to be mass produced to arm an entire defense force... But Megaman IS a defense force. And besides, sometimes the best is only produced in small numbers (E.G. Gauss rifle fallout 3/NV) Also, Mega-buster great all-rounder
Type-51 Carbine
[Image: 1000px-H4-T51CovenantCarbine-LeftSide.png]

Recoil operated, semi-automatic rifle, 18 rounds of 8.7 x 60mm caseless radioactive projectiles.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6