Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Naming your ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm curious, what makes you decide to what name you Christen your ship with?

The only ship I named on here is my Sheffield Buckshot, a Manta whose pilot made money at Sheffield Station.

That aside, I've been playing FFXII, the Imperials named their ships after FF 'Gods' or Summons. But the ships name needs personality and appropriate to the roleplay of the ship.

e.g. LNS Washington after the American heritage in Liberty.

How do you guys name your ships?
i tend to name mine after SW ships (or just whatever pops into mind, one of my more recent names Resplendence (a carrier in SOASE) is from one of penelo's quickenings
Sounding cool is definitely a prerequisite. But it depends.

As for my trader the "Moonstrider" I simply wanted it to sound nice, while not being too dramatic for a simple trader.

"This is the trade vessel Armageddon's Wrath, requesting to dock."

:lol:
If I ever get another cap (I doubt it) it's gonna be named 'Pinball.Wizard':D
I've always been tempted to make a ship called 'The Sephiroth', but I'd need godlike PvP abilities...
My TRF is called "The Fat Cow" - I named it after my missus. ;)
' Wrote:My TRF is called "The Fat Cow" - I named it after my missus. ;)
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Well,

It depends on whose ship it is.

I have a Gateway Large Train Christened Caernarvon, because that is the naming convention of Gateway Interstellar, use a British place.

The LWB Flagship is named Erste Ernte, or first fruits, since it was the first gift from the Hessians.

However, my Smuggler is named McSnuggles, because he's silly, and I'm silly, and he makes me lots of money....

EDIT: And, by the way, can anyone think of a name for a Kusari Explorer? I can't think of anything nice...
Ah Caernarvon, good fish and chip shop there....

I like naming ships after places, we've done it for ages in human history I believe. e.g. H.M.S Sheffield/Leeds , U.S.S Arizona (God rest her crew)

Adds to the remembrance and respect for out past.
Loki's Gift I named based upon the Role Play story of it's captain.

HMS Sherwood I named after looking at actual WW2 Royal Navy Destroyers

La Amistad, My Slave Trader, is named after the real spanish La Amistad Cargo Ship that sometimes took slaves from Cuba to America.

All in all I try to look at historical references first and then see if that fits into the roleplay of the character.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7