Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Starport: Galactic Empires -- looks like fun multiplayer asteroids galactic conquest game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yea there's quite a number of these asteroids style galactic conquest mine, build, shoot games.

But this one is the nicest i have seen yet :-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starport:_Galactic_Empires
Screenshots look good :-
http://www.starportgame.com/gallery.php

As usual these types are very undemanding on system resoureces.

Anyone tried? What do you think of it anyway..?

ahrenjb

I played it for a while, it has a short fun-expectancy.

There just isn't all that much to do in game. The single developer is slow to the draw on changing anything.

So, get your kicks, but it's only a week or so of fun gaming before you get bored. That was the case with me at least. Once you get an imperial starcruiser with a graviton beam, that's it really.

Honestly I had the most fun flying the corporate flagship, or the battleship.
Isn't it on beta phase yet?
Played it with an ex-university mate who addicted me to it for a while, but got bored of it after getting one of the best ships with bests gear and the like, which took me like 2 weeks..
boring
The developer surrounds himself with yes-men and seems to lack the vision to exploit the potential built into the game so far.

The end-game is very two dimensional and bland. The corporation that can build and spam the most battleships with nuclear missiles, wins. Which happens to be the only way you can possibly take a fortified planet.

Did I mention that there is no way to dodge said missiles, as well as the most powerful primary weapon and ultra-velocity secondary torpedoes on these battleships?

If he took a hint from Infantry, or Cosmic Rift's Rogue Trader, then the game would possibly be good. As it stands, I cannot recommend it.

Oh, before I forget, it's also important for the most powerful corporation to bribe the system in order to get a massively large positive reputation. Why? Because then you cannot shoot them or attack their planets without getting a million negative rep. Which means that you cannot then get the best (free) ship which is lawful only. Actually there is no reason whatsoever to be unlawful. It has only drawbacks, though I forget the rest of them.