Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello there.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A new player has joined the fleet.
Me!
Pyatters.

It's been ages since I've played Freelancer, but didn't want to start with the whole campaign in Single Play mode again. Since I still remember the story a bit.
So I decided to look around a little bit and so I found this place, downloaded Discovery and I'm having quite a bit of fun.

I'm currently still flying around and discovering places while hauling some cargo around for some spacebucks.
On that note; Are there any quick trade routes around to make some fast money for upgrades?

Anyway eventually I'm looking into positioning myself within the Kusari region, working for Black Dragon Soc. or the Samura Heavy Ind., not sure yet, and trading towards the Rheinland- and/or Liberty System, and back of course.

So far my goal in-game is to have a good time and to meet some people along the way, as well as to help allies and neutrals out any way I can.
Already noticed some friendly folk saying some greetings as I flew by, which was very nice.

So that's that. Hope to see you in-game sometime.

Edit:
After a little more insight it looks like Kishiro Tech. is pretty active player-wise. I might side with that, instead.
Welcome to Discovery and the fastest way to earn cash is 100mil per hour routes
Welcome to this dark place. U will like this place ^^
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here.

(08-12-2014, 03:19 PM)osama gulryz Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Discovery and the fastest way to earn cash is 100mil per hour routes

That doesn't really help anyone new, so I'll try throw a useful link at you - Guides & important links. This page contains a whole host of useful and interesting links that I still use frequently. Included in there is a "trade guide" which may at least give you a few example routes and allow you to find others.
A common way for beginners to start making money is through mining as well as trading, and I think there should be enough info in there to get you started for that too - it's a little more complex than trading is, but has larger payoffs.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! Players with white forum names are "Angels", a group dedicated to helping new players settle in.

Hope it helps!
- V
(08-12-2014, 03:19 PM)osama gulryz Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Discovery and the fastest way to earn cash is 100mil per hour routes

That doesn't really help anyone new, so I'll try throw a useful link at you - Guides & important links. This page contains a whole host of useful and interesting links that I still use frequently. Included in there is a "trade guide" which may at least give you a few example routes and allow you to find others.
A common way for beginners to start making money is through mining as well as trading, and I think there should be enough info in there to get you started for that too - it's a little more complex than trading is, but has larger payoffs.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! Players with white forum names are "Angels", a group dedicated to helping new players settle in.

Hope it helps!
- V
[/quote]
Thank you for the link and other info. Much appreciated.
And yes, I remember someone from Angels contacting me in-game earlier, though I can't recall who it was, unfortunately.
(08-12-2014, 03:27 PM)Valafar Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hope it helps!
- V

Thanks for the link and helpful tips.
I think I'll start mining for funsies.

Edit:
I don't know what happened here but I doubleposted. :^)
Woops.
Hello and welcome here