Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: White Textures On Ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I look at the certain ships like the Praetorian, Hessian ships, and the Orca, they have a completely white texture. How do I fix this? I heard you have to reinstall FL and the Discovery Mod, but then what about my FL Accounts? I've backed them up on a flash drive with FLAM and printed the Account IDs, so when I'm done, can I just use FLAM to re-import the accounts from my flash drive or do I have to do more?
Turn up your graphics settings first. If that doesn't help, reinstall Discovery. If that doesn't work, it might be your hardware.
I had the exact same problem. You just need to set graphics higher.
yeah thats not white texture, its just a total lack of texture.
My graphics in FL are set up at the highest setting. I'm guessing the problem is from old Crossfire Mod files that are still in FLMM, so I wanted to reinstall FL, FLMM, and Discovery. My video/graphics card is also kinda outdated, so if that's the case, I'll have to live with it. That's not what I'm asking though.

I want to know if I have to write down my account IDs, account codes, and signatures or will it be enough to just export my accounts to a flash drive and re-import them after reinstalling. I'm not sure if reinstalling will mess with my accounts, so I want to be prepared for the worst.
Check the settings of your gfx driver regarding texture qualiity.
I know if you reinstall, you will keep your multiplayer ID (even though it asks you to make one, the one that is shown in the box will be the same.)

However, you will have to repeat this process for each account you have, and if you had a Windows account, then deleted the account, but still have the FL account for that Windows account, you will have to export it.

It might just be safe to export them all. You can either write it down or import it and reopen with FLAM. In fact, if you are not going to uninstall FLAM at all, I do not think you need to do anything.
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Freelancer, but my Praetorian on Crete still doesn't have a ship texture. The only difference is that now I can see the purple lights on the Praetorian. My video driver is a Trident CyberALADDiN-P4 v6.4616.22ICD_SE_NP. It's pretty old and I don't think they make these anymore and I doubt there's a newer version.

' Wrote:Check the settings of your gfx driver regarding texture qualiity.
How do I do this?
Had the same problem at one point, if new settings or reinstalation doesnt work try getting a new vid card, nothing fancy, something old as a nvidia 6600 should work fine (what im running)

Edit: Video cards required for this game arent too expensive maybe 40-50 bucks?
' Wrote:My video driver is a Trident CyberALADDiN-P4 v6.4616.22ICD_SE_NP.

Found your problem right there. It's an integrated graphic card and not only it's old, it's also handicapped by the fact it uses RAM instead of dedicated Video memory for textures (although depending on configurations, the motherboard may have some memory).

What can you do?

A: Try some tweak to fix it
-------------------------------

1: Go inside your BIOS (Del or F2 on boot)

2: Look for a setting called Integrated Peripherals, Onboard Systems or something similar.

3: Look inside it for a setting called: Reseved memory or Texture Memory or Shared Memory. It should be something like 4 or 2. Change that to a setting of 32 to 64 (nothing higher, no reasonable gain from that, and you lose system RAM)

4: Save & Exit

If that does not work...

B: Get a new graphics card (if supported and a feasible option)

1: Post here the model of your motherboard, your available RAM and CPU, and I will see if anything can suit you.

If it's a laptop, then... There is nothing you can do.

Cheers
Pages: 1 2