Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My game choice of today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The game of today is Warzone 2100, Its another great game. RTS stile, and you can customize your military units. The campaign can be fun, but once that's over the game, can get very...very...boring, but that all depends on your opinion. It's also free here.

Not the best of games, but still fun.
i bought this game when it originally came out. one of the deepst ombat heavy rtes out there. its the only rts which comes close to beating total annihilation in terms of gory heavy slug it out combat.

but this rts is the only one out there where you build you own units from the ground up. select track, wheel, turret, weapon, armor etc combos.
also 1 of the only few rtses at that time ot have hovercraft, robots and very long range artillery.

this is an intensely strategic game and if you see certain types of enemy unit son the field you have to be able to anticipate where their tech tree is going and design and build units to counter them.

awesome game.

gfx very outdate dnow and the only reason i didnt play it more was because the battles were so wearying... 3 hour plus battles are not unexpected and at that point there is still no end in sight. (bit like total annihilation)
Heh, I got it as well, though it's only the continuation of the original thanks to GPL.

The graphics are quite old, but that doesn't bug me at all. I think the graphics even suit it, and the customization of units makes it quite fun.
Something similar exist, Earth 2160. But they game is really bugged and there is no support for it anymore.

There was also an RTS ala Civilisation, it was about the US.

Ohh Defcon something, that was an other one.
' Wrote:its the only rts which comes close to beating total annihilation in terms of gory heavy slug it out combat.

(bit like total annihilation)

Total Annihilation = Epic Fail.

That's all i have to say about it.
Don't mock the original 3d strategy game....total annihilation is one of the best games ever made.