Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Sand Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay I seem to have broken mine so....

Can someone tell me how to make a sandbox thats basically
exactly discovery and tell me how to change the name
of the mod so it says sandbox(That way I dont log into
server useing it)

Then please tell me how to add remove and change the ships...

my sand box was just so I can test fly ships (It was open SP!)
Please, anyone mind tellin me how to change ships in the files so I can add or remove ships to test some prototype models.
Contact Jinx.
Ok.

If you're testing ships, this is what you need to do:

Lets say that you wanted to test out an Osiris. So, lets move the Osiris to Manhattan.

Go to Freelancer/DATA/EQUIPMENT and open the file named Ship_Market (Make sure you change it froma read-only file first). Once inside, find the code for Toledo (I haven't a clue what it is, apologies. Will be something starting with or_ probably). Next to it will be a list of ships for sale. One of them will say something like or_osiris blah blah. Copy this.

Then scroll to the base L101_01 (manhattan) and replace one of the ships there with the code you just copied.

Osiris will now be purchasable on Manhattan.

Make sure that you don't go over three ships: it crashes the game.

Hope that helps!

Seth
In regards to putting a ship into Freelancer that is not already part of it, things are a bit more complicated unfortunately.

It needs entered into several different files. Will hunt down a tutorial for you in a moment.
Thank you.
Yeah, in order to add one in all together, you need to edit the Equipment file etc etc...

Not TOO diffcult, but more diffcult than just moving one...

If you want to add a ship in quickly, rename it to one of the files already there, replace em, and voila!

I tested the Zoner GB by replacing the Lib Gunboats .CMP and .MAT files.

Simple:)
Not a wise idea, Seth, AFAIK. You need the .SUR also, and the Zoner GB has a different loadout than the Lib one anyways.

To move a ship to Manhattan, the code is Li01_01_Base. Li01 is New York itself. Toledo is St01_01_Base, by th eway.
Actually, the CMP file contains the Hardpoints, and FL is clever enough to recognize not to put 7 gun slots where there are only 4...

And the .SUR file? I renamed the .CMP and the .MAT. Basically it used the Liberty Gunboat .SUR.

Works fine.:)

Seth
'cept if you're doing a test, it's better to use a more fitted hitbox...
Pages: 1 2