Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Looks like a lot has changed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(08-21-2014, 09:53 PM)Seth Karlo Wrote: [ -> ]...
Who are the admins these days?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showteam.php
Indeed a lot of old farts seem to be coming back. I wonder if it's just because it's Summer. I have the feeling that people might go back to hibernating soon enough.

Regardless, welcome back. I'd love to help you, but I'm just as confused as you.
Greetings, "Old Farts".

PM or skype for help.

NOW FOR FLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOGE IZZ AWESUM
NINJAEZ
WIKI SUX
UZE FLCOMP
GIBE MONIES PL0X
Welcome back, folks. You were some of those I was sad to see had left when I returned - although, not that I was ever active or known in the community back then anyway. Disco doesn't seem a whole lot different though, perhaps a little less mature here and there - but then maybe that's nostalgia making the old world seem shinier? Everyone still has their egos and agendas and half struggle to leave them in the game, but that's just Disco.

Good to see you both, either way. I hope you find the motivation to stay!

Gytrash

Player owned bases, Build your own base, with blackjack and hookers. In fact forget the base.

Cloaks, you can't see them if they can't see you

Jump drives, teleport around sirius in style

Docking bays, I don't actually know what these do but OSI sells heaps of them so they must have some ingame function or they are the most expensive RP only item in ever

Gallia got big, like the size of two houses put together big, and it intruded on Kusari and Bretonia

Buncha new ships

Everybody wishes gallia wasn't there or the cool models from Gallia propogated to the rest of the server

IDK what else
What comes to my mind as first (some of it was already mentioned)

Basic "history" facts and diplomacy:

There is whole new house named Gallia (so lot of new corporations and unlawful faction introduced) whose navy invaded Sirius sector (with some lame excuse, real reason is they need resources and very secret rumours also say that their high command or maybe king himself are infected by nomads), crushed Kusari Navy in Taus and forced Kusari to be friends with them. Consequently there was regime change in Kusari so they are democratic republic now. Old Kaigun went to exile in Bretonia (so there was/is new faction Kusari Exiles). Then Gallia invaded Bretonia, where they conquered some bordering systems (Tau-31, Tau-23, Edinburg, Lewis...) and mainly also almost have Leeds (there is still fight on surface of planet Leeds though). This forced Bretonia to blow up jumpgate connecting Leeds with New London. Gallia also declared war to Liberty so Liberty and Bretonia are allied against Gallia.
Rheinlad is (still) at war with Liberty, but was forced to blow up gates connecting Hamburg with Bering and Hudson because was (by lore) loosing (their economy is kinda crippled).
Kusari is now at war with nobody.

Apart from wars - Rheinland kicked Interspace Commerce entirely (but from what I heard they should be allowed to return soon).
Corsairs still feed themself by selling artifacts.
Outacasts still feed themself by selling cardamine (and pissing everything in Liberty with indie capital ship swarms from time to time).
Liberty navy boarded IMG station in Magellan (ooRPly it was set up by IMG, in fact they just handed over the station because of Gallia forces appeared even in this system, difficult to explain shortly).

Stuff:
Player controlled bases (PoBs - player owned bases) which can have cargo storages, weapon platforms and also can produce cloaks, jumpdrives, hyperspace survey modules (it makes coordinates for jumping with jumpdrives) and docking modules (allows fighters to dock on bigger player ships like liners or carriers).

Scanners now really are different (they have difference in range and cargo scanning range).

Ships have swapable engines so you can have for example civilian ships with Rheinland green engine. There is lot of it with lot of colours, but be careful, not all of them are compatible (for example Gallic engines on Sirian ships). Nice eye candy, see here.
Lost of new stuff most of which is irrelevant if your not flying with someone rest is a modified pimpship like the engines.
Sounds very exciting. Guess I'll have to boot up the game and have a look around.
Wow a lot seems to have changed even snce last summer.

If I had a computer, i might be tempted to log. Damn coffee! Damn Juan Valdez and ur adorable donkey!

Why hath thou forsaken ne?
I am really happy to be back.
I have been playing another game for 1 year, but i am done with that.
And maybe it's good that i have to start all over with Disco.
I had everything; all codes x2, jump drives, cloacking devices, 10 battleships, etc.
But i got bored, there was nothing more to do...
Now i come back and start over and it's really exiting again.
And thanks too the new version 4.87 there is again something to discover.
A big thanx to the dev team for this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4