Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Firefly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Okay, so the textures on the firefly transport are currently TERRIBAD and need to be replaced.

I know plenty of people here know how to texture, but I figured I'd lend a hand and see if anyone can convert these images (this image, technically) into a high rez texture for the ship in-game:

[Image: transport_firefly03.jpg]

Such an awesome ship deserves awesome textures, right now it looks like they were made in paint.

Second... would it be possible for someone to model the firefly shuttles? I know we hate imports here, but we already have one ship so it couldnt hurt. I'd suggest having these shuttles made by the same manufacturer ("Generic" Bretonian manufacturing company) as freighter-class ships, 490 or so cargo space with high armor and decent manuverability but only a couple of guns:

[Image: shuttle.jpg]

Also, I think the stats on the firefly itself need to be re-visited in 4.85. Currently, the firefly has 3500 cargo space / 450 bots+bats / 8 Turrets / 100,000 Hull at the price of 40 million~ credits. Compare that to the pirate transport, which has 3400 cargo space / 450 bots+bats / 9 turrets / 115,000 hull at the price of 28 million~ credits, and you see a problem.

The firefly costs 10 million credits more than the pirate transport, but has 1 less turret, 15k less hull, and only 100 more cargo space. I dont really think 100 cargo space equals up to 10 million credits.

Suggestions:
-Buff the firefly up to 4000 cargo space
OR
-Make the firefly's 8 turrets all capable of firing 360 degrees, so it can actually fight off enemies or pirate
OR
-Give the firefly an extra 50k~ armor

Any one of those would make up for the extra price, as currently even it's manvuerability is pretty close to the pirate trans.

about the texture - i agree. its rubbish.... ( i think it was taken off some screenshot from the show - or at least it looks that quality. its not too bad from afar, but does not offer much from close up )

about stat changes, i disagree. for its size, agility and offensive qualities, it has too much cargo anyway. - its VERY small, VERY quick and 4 guns make is anything but harmless - ( against anything but bombers / gunboats )

it is one of the only transports that can *easily* pass through even the densest asteroids without breaking a sweat and still carry a significant amount of cargo.
Why is everyone so obsessed with balance? The real world is far from balanced, as it stands almost no one has any form of sizeable advantage over another.

When you make everything amazing, with nothing better than it to counter it, and make it as widely available as possible you lose diversity and subsequently you lose the interest of the object, or objects.

As I see it balance should not equate to supreme equality, furthering the point Jinx is right. Its fast, its got a decent setup with a good amount of cargo space, why does it need to be just like the rest?
Definitely needs a new texture. As for the price, knock it down 7-10 million. Problem solved.
Quote:about stat changes, i disagree. for its size, agility and offensive qualities, it has too much cargo anyway. - its VERY small, VERY quick and 4 guns make is anything but harmless - ( against anything but bombers / gunboats )

Look at the comparisons to the pirate transport. the hitboxes on the two craft are pretty similar, with the pirate trans being slightly larger and not much less manuverable. The pirate trans also has more firepower and armor, and about the same cargo, for 3/4ths the price.

Quote:it is one of the only transports that can *easily* pass through even the densest asteroids without breaking a sweat and still carry a significant amount of cargo.

There's no asteroid field in the game an advanced train cant pass through. A ship should not be balanced solely on how "easy" it is to fly through an asteroid cloud - stats are balanced for combat, not autopilot compatibility.

Quote:As I see it balance should not equate to supreme equality, furthering the point Jinx is right. Its fast, its got a decent setup with a good amount of cargo space, why does it need to be just like the rest?

i'm not saying it needs to be "just like the rest", I just think for having a 10 million higher buying price it should have some stat that stands out from the pirate transport which is almost identical.

A little more armor, or a little more firepower would work. Personally I'd prefer a little more cargo space.

I think it should be removed from the game entirely.

Or the klingon BoP put in since star trek > firefly
' Wrote:I think it should be removed from the game entirely.

Or the klingon BoP put in since star trek > firefly

You're about as retarded as spock with a lime on his head.

Firefly was the best space-genre tv series ever to air, it's a shame fox shut them down after one season. If that show was still running today it'd likely have more viewers than anything else on scifi -_-
' Wrote:You're about as retarded as spock with a lime on his head.

Noted.

First pictures looks like something from Serenity. Yes/no?
Firefly fits bretonia rather well for an import... as a ship it's very well rounded up, except it's armor capacity is somewhat low for it's description. I'd improve the armor somewhat 30% perhaps... other than that, any cargo increase and it's in Liner(huge) teritory. Perhaps even lower the cargo and improve it's combat abilities...
' Wrote:Noted.

First pictures looks like something from Serenity. Yes/no?

The ship in question is in fact the Serenity from the movie of the same name as well as the originating series "Firefly". Its a neat little ship, my first instinct is to remove it entirely but it has a charm to it.

None the less this is not the thread for that discussion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12