Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Latest Leak from Dev Chat: Barge removal is being discussed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I delivered zoners in my barge for Lyth cuz hes attractive.

I also recalled an internet highfive in there somewhere. Highfive. Over the internet. God I'm brilliant.

Sausages.
(08-28-2014, 09:25 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]everyone that doesn't have the barge and hates it including lyth's friends will be happy.
People that have a barge and have worked hard to earn one will not.

Jealousy runs the forums and its fueled by little kids whining and complaining.

Can we not have anything nice anymore for our server? Does everything need to be removed?

+42
(08-29-2014, 10:16 AM)larzac Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2014, 09:25 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]everyone that doesn't have the barge and hates it including lyth's friends will be happy.

Can we not have anything nice anymore for our server? Does everything need to be removed?

+42

+69
(08-28-2014, 09:25 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Jealousy runs the forums and its fueled by little kids whining and complaining.
This is true. However, more often than not, the whining kids result in changes not being made to anything, rather than things being altered.

The fear of a *poo*storm of whining and nonsense prevents a lot of changes from going through. Depending on your definition of "nice things", you've probably retained more of those due to whining kids than you have lost.
We fear change...

[Image: hand2.jpg.cf.jpg]
Not really, flying cars are gonna be awesome
Or terrifying, depending on ur philosophical bent.

FUI? ,Yah that's a great idea. Let's give every Jackass on earth a plane.
(08-29-2014, 10:16 AM)Moriarty. Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2014, 10:16 AM)larzac Wrote: [ -> ]

+42

+69

+50,000 Zoner Marines
When used correctly barges are a great rp tool. They are a must have for any faction that needs large amounts of storage, and the ability to move large amounts of product. Removing the ability to jump would be one way of fixing the problem. However, the reason for jumping is nobody has the time to make rp barge runs. It takes countless hours to move between several systems only to get stopped half way there (after about 4 hours of gameplay) and having some lolwut make an rp excuse to blow up said barge just to get a "barge kill." In order to balance the issue I would suggest giving the barges the ability to cruise at a higher speed (not quite as fast as other ships cruise), but keep the long cruise engine charge.

This would allow barge runs in a timely manner, but still maintain the chance of getting stopped by other vessels/players. It would also promote barge use. Players just might see more barges being used in the proper way. I would not mind piloting the Congress barge (for example) to alpha or beta if the trip did not take anywhere between 3-5 hours. That's just my two cents worth on this subject. All that being said, this is flood, so have at it folks.
Jumping Barges are game breakers....just saying.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9