Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Add Crysis cloaks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I propose a second cloak type be added: crysis cloak type
Obviously is a new series of cloaks that functions similarly to those in the crysis series: no fuel use, but crazy power consumption

Crysis cloak general properties Wrote:quick charge, Shields begin consuming extra power core on activation
penalty to power core when activated, motionless/drifting,
increased power drain porportional to speed,
and cloak loss on power depletion.

Bismark example: Wrote:Charge time: 30s, Power regen rate drained upon charging by: 200,000u/sec
Shields begin consuming extra power core upon activation (no penalty during charging) of a further 400,000u/sec, therefore the player can/has to choose whether to activate shields or have a degenerating power core.

Regen penalty per m/s speed upon activation (no penalty during charging): 50,000u/sec
So if the bismark wants to move at 32 m/s, he will get a further regen rate drain of 1,600,000 on top of the 200,000 = 1,800,000, and his 9,000,000 core will be depleted in about 4 seconds of motion

Cloak loss on power depletion, if shields are inactive they will automatically be re activated after the regen delay, for bs shields is 12 seconds

note that different stats will have to be drawn up for other ship classes but you get the general idea

I think it will serve a different set of tactics and play style, and players will have the added fun of choosing between different cloak types.

This may also require a new key for quick cloak toggling.

What do you think? Good addition? Is it even possible in FL?
Yes, since he suggests a 2nd type of cloak device and not a replacement )))
I'm pretty sure it's impossible.
But if it isn't, sure. +1
So, some kind of passive, stalker cloak? Sure, why not.
What happened to this? I realy liked the idea, it even would prevent insta-engages since it drains energy slowly, people wouldn't be able to hug your back-yard and after some little RP by someone else uncloak and directly engage you.
Powercore-draining cloaks that work best for ambushing (as they'd drain minimally while sitting still) should replace the standard, if you ask me (:

The current 'run away' and/or 'uncloak right on top of enemy' types of cloaks have little to offer in terms of quality gameplay if you ask me.
(09-21-2014, 01:49 PM)Haste Wrote: [ -> ]Powercore-draining cloaks that work best for ambushing (as they'd drain minimally while sitting still) should replace the standard, if you ask me (:

The current 'run away' and/or 'uncloak right on top of enemy' types of cloaks have little to offer in terms of quality gameplay if you ask me.

Hehe... I guess?
(09-21-2014, 01:47 PM)Snake Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to this? I realy liked the idea, it even would prevent insta-engages since it drains energy slowly, people wouldn't be able to hug your back-yard and after some little RP by someone else uncloak and directly engage you.

Ideas stay ideas until somebody makes them real, that happened to this. Unless you either find somebody who's able to code this into the mod or learn how to do it yourself, things are unlikely to change.
Can any dev or interested person with coding capabilities weigh in on this? :|