Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question: lawful trader vs. unlawful trader | BH vs. trader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I got two question:

Is a trader allowed to attack another trader of a hostile faction? eg rep.shipping trader vs. red hessian trader
(both proper ID'ed)

Is a bounty hunter allowed to take point in a war and claim a bogus bounty against a lawful trader but member of the opposing war faction? eg BH attacks a Kishiro trader
hmm, i think yes

The Traders, if hostile factions to one another can engage.

If the Kirosho trader is in Bretonia then the BH can attack him, otherwise I think not. Same goess for all lawful factions - they're only lawful if they are where they're legally allowed to be.

Likewise my Freelancer fought a Liberty Battlecruiser in Rheinland yesterday. (I was paid to do so)

My Freelancer I still class as 100% lawful, the BC was unlawful being there - although admittedly i was paid by an outcast

However, I was then asked to attack the Rheinland Police ships and I refused.
' Wrote:Is a trader allowed to attack another trader of a hostile faction? eg rep.shipping trader vs. red hessian trader
(both proper ID'ed)

I'm not entirely sure rules-wise, but I would think so from an RP standpoint. On Kensington, there's even a news report about Gateway and Bowex vessels trading fire. These are both lawful factions, and both Bretonian, but in harsh competition with each other.
let me see if i understand this sort of :-

in theory his would extend to defending your own home trade lanes or territory from use by hostile factions.

for example, a dragon faction bounty hunter id enters california sector saying "im not hostile - only here to fix faction settings" -- then any member of Liberty is allowed to attack him?

i think that is right.
If he has a bounty hunter ID then no.

Quote:6.6 PvP combat is allowed only on roleplay basis. The pilot who is attacking must scan for an ID prior to the attack. Relying on general reputation status (red/neutral/green) without scanning for the ID is not allowed.

Non-RP attacks are considered PvP abuse and are sanctioned accordingly.

There's a BPA bounty on all Kusari ships (it specifically says Samura and Kishiro), there's your Roleplay basis. You have a bounty on you, it's a war. Basically, if we were to go by the 'no lawful vs. lawful' thing like that, then the lot of Bretonia and Kusari should get sanctioned. If one lawful group puts a bounty on another lawful group by reason of a war, then I'd say a Bounty Hunter could choose sides, especially since Kusari doesn't like Hunters to start with at all.

Yeah, this is Esther.Carson, I'm pretty sure that's what sparked this entire thing off.
Actually, MERCENARIES could do that but there is no BH ID- there is a Bounty Hunters Guild ID. The Guild would have you strung up publicly for threatening their neutrality so blatantly. True, Kusari doesn't like them, but the BHG make a fortune off Deshima, and if a BHG operative shoots a Kusari person, that battleship is gonna hear about it before Deshima can call reinforcements in from the Omicrons.

As for trader vs trader, well, they wouldn't go out of their way to attack unless there's something of critical importance and they're the only one around, but if they run past I would expect some gunfire. If one side holds advantage as they pass, they might go in for the kill, but if it looks risky they'd probably break off and leave them.
Why would you bother? Time is money...
Zapp, even so, that would be an unlawful bounty. :rtfm:
' Wrote:Zapp, even so, that would be an unlawful bounty. :rtfm:

The words 'lawful' and 'unlawful' get really blurry with wars. To Kusari, yes that would be an unlawful bounty and you and the organization you represent would be dealt with accordingly. To Bretonia, if you do it enough you'd get knighted. Think QCP- are they lawful, or unlawful? They pirate Kusari shipping by order of the Queen of Bretonia. Contract that legalizes an act normally considered 'unlawful'. A bit of a gray area, makes you think more. Also leads to cool RP.
Pages: 1 2 3