Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The best sandwhich of your location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The rules are this: You have to post a sandwhich of your country, following this:
Code:
-Name:
-Place where it comes:
-Description:
-Photo:

I'll start:
-Name: Chacarero
-Place where it comes: Santiago, Chile
-Description: Sandwhich made with cuts of Churrasco, Tomato slices, Green Beans and Green Chili
-Photo:
[Image: chacarero.jpg]
-Name: Bratwurst
-Place where it comes: Germany, all of it (if you cant get it here you are doing it wrong)
-Description: Just what you need, meat and some bread. Though, does this qualify as sandwich? Confused
-Photo:

[Image: bratwurst4.jpg]
*facepalm* @ Janson

Try Döner: It's at least a 'Sandwich' and it's freaking German because noone outside Germany knows it. Wink
-Name: It's a freankin "Bak-kwa" Sandwich

-Place where it comes: Singapore, where the hell else can you found "Bak-kwa"

-Description: "Bak-kwa" is pronounced "Baar K-wa", it's a Singaporean/Chinese styled barbecued sliced pork. The meat is sliced into medium sized sheets, glazed with soy sauce and spices and flame grilled. The meat is chewy, like beef jerky, except softer. The more you chew, the more the delicious damn juices flow and the more flavour you get out of the meat. Unfortunately, this food is only found in Singapore and surrounding Asian countries (Malaysia, etc) and some in China (China version isn't as tasty because it's air dried instead of flame grilled) (apparently available in the US as well). It's so delicious you can eat it on its own, but it tastes awesome with bread in a sandwich.

You know what? Here's a damn wikipedia link for you.

-Photo:

[Image: 220px-Bak_kwa.jpg]

Oh wait, you want a sandwich.

[Image: _DSC0004.jpg]

Now imagine the other bread on top of that delicious thing.
falafel
(09-02-2014, 05:40 PM)dragonlancer Wrote: [ -> ]*facepalm* @ Janson

Try Döner:... it's ...German because noone outside Germany knows it. Wink

I sincerely hope you are joking.
-Name: Shawrma
-Place where it comes: Syria - Lebanon, Middle east I guess.
-Description: 2 types, Beef or chicken meet. comes with garlic sauce, pickles, tomato, and some other stuff. (mm)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRZaSa4BxGb_8V_8xK25_...fHYShIbG9g]
-Name: Ciabatta with Thon or Mozzarella
-Place where it comes: Switzerland (might also be Italy)
-Description: a special kind of bread (Ciabatta) with those fillings inside
-Photo:
[Image: csm_Ciabatta_Thon_38184534c7.png]

[Image: 9a7bf73ad4.jpg]

So delicious D: only in my region xd Ciabatta Big Grin

Also just because a German was involved in Kebaps production doesn't mean the actual "Döner" is made by Germans. Just because you put flesh inside a bread doesn't make you the founder of Döner Kebap. But the germans insist that it's their production 8| Haters gonna hate. But yeah, I wouldn't put Kebap into Sandwich Category imho. Sure it's wrapped or inside a bread but still.
I had this the other day, was quite delicious, but a bit dry.
(09-02-2014, 06:15 PM)Fifty. Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2014, 05:40 PM)dragonlancer Wrote: [ -> ]*facepalm* @ Janson

Try Döner:... it's ...German because noone outside Germany knows it. Wink

I sincerely hope you are joking.

I shot a PM to Jason already - cool thing.

And yes, I'm very serious about it because it shows how we Germans changes - you may even say enhance - and accept new ideas, cultures, concepts.
Pages: 1 2