Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transition Successful?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I am a transplant from the original Freelancer. I always enjoyed Freelancer and looked forward to updates. I have downloaded and installed 487 with the hope that it will be real progress in the Freelancer world. Still learning all the ins and out of 487. I have questions and will be seeking anyone who would like to discuss all the changes. I look forward to hearing from anyone who loves this game.
Welcome!

Click Here for a help center and And Here is a beginners guide!

I hope to see you space!
Hey there, welcome. If you have any questions, feel free to send a PM or add me on skype.

My skype name is stefan_nikolic96
Hi Nemo,

Thanks for the greeting! I have always played single-player with Freelancer cause of the folks that just play to ruin someone's attempt at fun. Maybe with 4.87 I'll give it another try. Few questions, if you would indulge me:

1. Can you build you own base or base of operations and have multiple ships?

2. Are there story lines that you can follow? And do you have to follow them?

And lastly, have you found a way around the sudden crashes and return to the desktop?

I hope this is not too many questions, but this is a big step and I want to do it right.

I was heartbroken to leave my great ship and wealth behind after 100's of hours playing Freelancer for years. Angry
As one of the administrators, I can only ask that you read through the rules. This is a roll play server so just opening fire is a no-no.

Quote:1. Can you build you own base or base of operations and have multiple ships?
Yes but focus on character building FIRST and don't be afraid to join a group. Once you know who is who and what is what, it'll make your life easier. You can have more than one account with up to 5 ships each. I suggest building a trader to get a bank started. It's how many of us started.

Quote:2. Are there story lines that you can follow? And do you have to follow them?
Several. Just read the forums and the 4.87 story line. Know who your enemies are and who your friends are. If you choose, say, a Bretonian lawful, you'll HAVE to be enemies with Gallic Royals and there allies but if you're an independent, you can carve your own path. You also have to stay within the limits of whatever ID you choose.

Quote:And lastly, have you found a way around the sudden crashes and return to the desktop?
While they are less frequent, they do happen so bear with them. I never get booted beyond the menu screen.

Hope this helps.
-Doc
Hello there! If you ever need a hand feel free to contact an Angel, on the server we are tagged [Angels] Big Grin Have fun!
Hello and welcome here Smile
Thank you very much. You encouraged me to log onto Multi-Play and I am really enjoying it.