Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Loadout suggestion for : Democritus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there , Folks !

I´m the first to admit that Im no Ace at PvP or loadout related issues,
so Im asking for some advice here :

I recently bought my first Liner, the [SRO]Candy.Bomber
A Democritus, with the background RP of a relief vessle intended to transport refugees or supplies such as food , pharmaceuticals and MedStasis Bands. So we junked some luxus...
Quite a nice ship, Im just getting used to the agility and bulkiness and like the layout.

However I´m puzzled by the front Gunboat Turret.
No sufficient Arc left and right because of the opened hatch sides ( my interpretation, everything else does not make sense ).
So : Has anybody gathered experiences with the ship and can give me a good advice wich weapon is useful and fitting the low arc, low energy capacity of the ship ?

Also, what other things could I fit ?
Docking device / Cloak ( why should I ? ) / Jump drive... and so on.
What is possible, what not ?

Ship : Democritus Liner
ID / IFF : Liberty Freelancer
RP usage : neutral relief and supply vessle, flying in house ZOI ( Liberty / Bretonnia / Kusari / Rheinland ) and Independent / Borderworld systems.

current layout :
4x Dulzian Turret ( 2x left / 2x right ; front & back arc covered, high fire rate as anti- fighter weaponry )
1x Gunboat missile launcher ( very narrow front arc : my tests have so far not functioned : the launcher refuses to fire )

AU VIII ( combining some security with max. storage capacity : we transport supplies and refugees after all )

2x Fortress CM
Cloak won't fit because of 1,5k cargo. Get one GB razor, and full charons. And 2 CM with 1000 range (not heavy). As much dockings as you can place (don't remeber slots). UAU8 is fine.
Heaviest armor upgrade you can get
Full Charons are your best bet. Not sure I'd use a razor given their propensity for not being easy to aim.
Well... the front Turret has an arc of about what ... 20 degrees out of 360 ?

So the Turret is not much use as an anti - snub weapon. That was the reason I was thinking about the rocket launcher.
But that does not seem to work. Anybody know the reason ?
The wiki is outdated - use FLStat for the latest numbers. The Democritus now has a hold size of 2700, leaving plenty of room to mount a large cloak (takes 450 cargo), fuel, armor, and still have a CM due to the two slots.

For any missile turret, make sure your turret has rotated to point at the target when you fire, otherwise it'll trigger the cooldown/refire time without launching.
The Basic GB missile turret needs 200 000 energy to fire. The Democritus has only 90 000 power so don't expect it to work. Same goes for Razors.
(09-08-2014, 06:28 PM)Zed26 Wrote: [ -> ]For any missile turret, make sure your turret has rotated to point at the target when you fire, otherwise it'll trigger the cooldown/refire time without launching.

as I said :
20 - 25 degree front arc, no more
Pretty much useless :-(

(09-08-2014, 06:31 PM)Corundum Wrote: [ -> ]The Basic GB missile turret needs 200 000 energy to fire. The Democritus has only 90 000 power so don't expect it to work. Same goes for Razors.

Ah, thx.

So I still dont know what to pack.
The Gunboat Turret seems pretty much useless with the current arc setting
(09-08-2014, 06:31 PM)FynnMcScrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2014, 06:28 PM)Zed26 Wrote: [ -> ]For any missile turret, make sure your turret has rotated to point at the target when you fire, otherwise it'll trigger the cooldown/refire time without launching.

as I said :
20 - 25 degree front arc, no more
Pretty much useless :-(

(09-08-2014, 06:31 PM)Corundum Wrote: [ -> ]The Basic GB missile turret needs 200 000 energy to fire. The Democritus has only 90 000 power so don't expect it to work. Same goes for Razors.

Ah, thx.

So I still dont know what to pack.
The Gunboat Turret seems pretty much useless with the current arc setting

Your best bet may to be to just use full transport turrets, or if you want:

-Full basic transport turrets and a basic GB turret (good enough for a lot of people)
-Full Charons and a Cerberus GB turret (good enough for any heavier targets)
-Full Charons and a GB Pulse Cannon (not really recommended since the pulse cannon uses a lot of energy)
-Full Dulzians and a Solaris (anti-snub)
-Zapper transport turrets and a Zapper GB turret (Zappers are pretty useless, but I put it here for the heck of it)

Do what you want. You don't have to use what I suggest.
Use two different CM (like, for example, Fortress and Sentinel), and you will have double CM than if you mount two Fortress (145 Sentinel and 170 Fortress).

If you mount just Fortress, you will have 170 CM, no matter if you have two of them.

For the guns... Charon and Cerberus is my choice.
Question: can the yacht be used with a zoner ID without penalty?
Pages: 1 2