Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: IDEA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Blizzard here....

I have noticed that many faction either offical or unoffical creat aship name BANK, which they store valuable weapons, shiedls and money etc.....

I think we might need a cheap bank ID, because many factions don't realise this, but many are breaking the rules, because the bank character is hardly ever in use they forget that if it is over a certian level, with a civillian ID they are breaking server rules.

Blizz out...
I don't think there is a particular need, just shove a Trader or Faction ID onto the ships an presto.

Being a bank ships doesn't give you an buffer from the rules, nor should it. Well I don't think that is being proposed anyway.

I say just shove the Trader or Faction ID and be done with it.
Whatever it is"

I AGREE!

Seth
' Wrote:Blizzard here....

I have noticed that many faction either offical or unoffical creat aship name BANK, which they store valuable weapons, shiedls and money etc.....

I think we might need a cheap bank ID, because many factions don't realise this, but many are breaking the rules, because the bank character is hardly ever in use they forget that if it is over a certian level they are breaking server rules.

Blizz out...

:| How is it breaking the rules? There is no rules about ships being restricted to levels. The only way it is breaking rules is when someone puts more than 99 unstackable items on it, but that applies to all ships and the rule is in place because putting more items than that breaks the player database and as a consequence the entire server.

In conclusion: Useless idea.
Sometimes i found that on discovery there are some really nice and encouraging people, than there are some that aren't as much.....

' Wrote:In conclusion: Useless idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Wrote::| How is it breaking the rules? There is no rules about ships being restricted to levels.

It is not about the ship it is about the ID.

I do believe there is a rule about this: isn't there a rule about lvl 40 or above must not use a civillian Id.
' Wrote::| How is it breaking the rules? There is no rules about ships being restricted to levels. The only way it is breaking rules is when someone puts more than 99 unstackable items on it, but that applies to all ships and the rule is in place because putting more items than that breaks the player database and as a consequence the entire server.

In conclusion: Useless idea.

The rule he is applying to is:

Quote:6.1 Every player must have an ID equipped on his or her ship. Players under level 40 might use Civilian IDs (basic IDs sold on every station), characters who reach level 40 must choose an NPC faction to ally and get the ID of this faction, or get a generic ID.
Whatever Faction the player faction is applying to is what ID their bank should be employing. Or, as Fletcher said throw a Trader ID on there. If the Bank is over level 40 (which most are) it better not have a Civie ID on it.
' Wrote:Whatever Faction the player faction is applying to is what ID their bank should be employing. Or, as Fletcher said throw a Trader ID on there. If the Bank is over level 40 (which most are) it better not have a Civie ID on it.

But even if there isn't a proper ID on the bank, I don't think anyone would really care. I mean, yeah, it's against the server rules, but it's not like anyone would be hurt from this violation. Banks don't PvP, they don't even really fly around (they're not arms dealers after all), they just log on, do that transfer, maybe stay for a couple of minutes in orbit so they won't get wiped, and then dock again. If someone reports them for a improper ID, it must be because of personal issues with the player or faction the bank belongs to, but surely not because of common sense.

To conclude - I don't think we'd need a Bank ID. If you want to have a ID for your bank, buy your faction's ID or a generic one. And if you forget to get a ID, I don't really think that anyone would be angry at you for having a bank standing around with a Civi ID, as it doesn't do anything else than do and accept transfers anyways.
I reckon all the Junkers should band together and raid the Banks and the Weapon Dealer ships for scrap.

Any ways, its an intresting idea but like the other said just wack a generic id on her and if anyone bitches about it then tuff.

Nice to see people putting constructive idea out though.
Ohh ok, Yeah will do thanks

Blizzard out....