Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What does rheinland do better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, I'm german, or at least mostly german with a little irish whiskey poured in. I work with mexicans, or at least mostly mexicans with a little americanization poured in.

The topic came up today, while working, about who does what better, or more specifically who invented what. Of course, my mexican comrades were completely convinced that they did everything better than americans (everything but work, if you ask me), and in response I was about to claim how we germans were these geniuses that invented airplanes and submarines and wagons for folks (cookie for getting that one).

Then I corrected myself, and went "Nah, germans dont invent things, we just make everything else better. We didnt invent the airplane, the wright brothers did that, and they're english - but we made the first jet engine. We didnt invent the submarine, first one was the HL Hunley in the civil war, but we did perfect submarine warfare with the uboat. We didnt invent the bomb, but we did turn it into the atomic bomb."

So does this line of thinking extend to our future fatherlanders? Could be an interesting discussion, thought I, so I says to myself let's post and see what people come up with.

We certainly do asteroid pinballing better than anyone else, eh?
Well all of Sirius has battleships but Rheinland has a battleship on Steroids.
I mean its second only (Armor wise and Human) to the Juggernaut even the Valor doesn't match its armor (Though the Barge surpasses it)

Also, most of their ships (snubs) are built on the backs of failed designs that they simply fixed the problems with (after GMG wiped the floor with them during the 80 years war) and then made it the best they could

while in the transport department they looked at Bretonia's armor plating laughed spit on the ground and then doubled it (or at least that's how they describe their transports)

that's my point of view atleast
To sum up Vulks description--

They're better at putting more armor on without consideration for the downsides of being a flying steel-alloy brick.
(09-12-2014, 05:00 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]To sum up Vulks description--

They're better at putting more armor on without consideration for the downsides of being a flying steel-alloy brick.

Yep
I find most German products to be over-engineered in general.

That seems to be a common trait; reliability in adverse use.

Edit: Not sure if it's just my interpretation, but this thread may be more suited to General Discussions than RP General Discussions.
We Germans not only invent amazing stuff, we also invent stuff to make stuff amazing. i.e. Hydraulic Stabilization on tanks? Yep, germans did that. Do I have to mention Rheinmetall and H&K?

German Engineering is world remowned for its perfection and little to no faults
(09-12-2014, 03:02 AM)Tenacity Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm german...

If you were really german, you would know.

You'd also know that the question is silly.

p.s: The answer is: Everything.
I don't think such things can extend 1000 years into the future. It is just like comparing, say, Germanic parts of Holy Roman Empire to today's Germany.

Besides, this entire Germans do things better attitude - don't get me wrong, they do make things better quite often - is relatively new, isn't it? It was more of a Prussian trait that then got passed on to every other state after 1871.

p.s. Yeah, everything. And our old dishwasher. That thing was quiet, advanced and most of all did its job extremely well. Now I have this other brand and it is loud as hell. Cheaper but loud. And it sometimes doesn't wash as well. I miss you Miele dishwasher, I miss you! *brakes down in tears*
Rheinland created the Cerberus gun lines!
(09-12-2014, 09:46 AM)Vredes Wrote: [ -> ]Rheinland created the Cerberus gun lines!

They re-created the Cerberus gun lines off of the CERBERUS codename no one knows anything about.
Pages: 1 2 3