Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to completely read the wrong part of a post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow.
Re: This closed thread, my point was to draw a parallel to Inverness and it's politics with Bretonia, IN-GAME.

I've been here 6 years, I know about political posts.

Way to go and hijack it in a manner to get it locked though.
Sheesh!
(09-19-2014, 06:57 PM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: [ -> ]my point was to draw a parallel
I believe that was where you went wrong.

Your parallel included real world politics, which is a no-no here because Germany has silly internet laws...
(09-20-2014, 03:17 AM)SMGSterlin Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2014, 06:57 PM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: [ -> ]my point was to draw a parallel
I believe that was where you went wrong.

Your parallel included real world politics, which is a no-no here because Germany has silly internet laws...

"Real world politics."

One cannot apply the laws of the real world to a science fiction game set s of years and millions of light years from Earth in a world rife with aliens, DNA altering drugs, and unchecked medical experiments.

You honestly cant compare laws - or anything. It's like comparing a modern aircraft carrier to a space aircraft carrier. It just doesnt work.
We're drawing generalistic states/houses based off of geo-politics of the late 1900's and early 2000's to explain the politics of Sirius...
...in general terms.
How would this vote, if it had gone the other way, not have been figured into Sirius' backbone and applied thusly?
There's a system that represents Scotland in Bretonia, in 'our' game.
Had the vote gone the other way, I would have a whole new RP for Tim Finnegan

's all Oi'm say'n
(09-20-2014, 05:56 AM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: [ -> ]There's a system that represents Scotland in Bretonia, in 'our' game.
"A" system? Just "A" system???
You cut me so deep right there just now, Brother...Et tu Timmeh? Sad
(09-20-2014, 05:56 AM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: [ -> ]Had the vote gone the other way, I would have a whole new RP for Tim Finnegan
Just sayin' but what's actually stoppin ya from goin' with a whole new RP anyway?

You know better than many the difference 'tween a reflection of society & a mirror of it.

Do eeet! Shake that Junk Bucket! XD
Iverness should be deleted from mod either way. It's dead end system substracting people frome where interactions usually happen.
I'm sure by 'Dead End' you only mean it in a metaphorical sense
Not really. I think it to be among such bad systems such as Guard and Buffer ones, Alberta, Kansas, Humboldt, New Hampshire connection thing and few others.
So, in other words, yes. you mean it in a metaphorical sense
Maybe.
Pages: 1 2 3