Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A good transport/freighter for pirating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As the title says, I'm kinda looking for a good transport or freighter to pirate with, excluding the Percheron and the Pelican (TheUnforgiven, I know you wanna scream Pelican), since I want to see if there is anything worth using OUTSIDE of those already good transports (cuz RP and diversity)
Pirate Transport, Serenity, BWT, Big Dragon are all good choices, in my opinion.
Pirate train.
I would say Serenity. Well, not only to the fact it was used by Space Cowboys (lol), but also it is rather good ship (assaulting it as indie was a VERY fatal mistake every time).
If you want to be really mean, get one of the sub-3K'ers with a tiny model and sick agility.

Kamome, Bumblebee and to some extent Behemoth.

Some people say the Gallic Assault Transport is really good, others say it's not as great as the ones already suggested to you.

[Image: 254px-Bumblebee.png]

Cutest pirate ship ever.
(10-01-2014, 07:47 AM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to be really mean, get one of the sub-3K'ers with a tiny model and sick agility.

Kamome, Bumblebee and to some extent Behemoth.

Some people say the Gallic Assault Transport is really good, others say it's not as great as the ones already suggested to you.

I was told Kamome was downgraded in agility. I wonder how agile this thing was, if it was used as gunboats by GMG.
Ah, yeah. I forgot about the Taureau / Gallic Armored Transport. It's pretty strong for any Gallic cargo pirate.
Bumblebee, Celestra, Gull civ or celestra would be the most agile all sub 2k'ers but not much in terms of armor. PTrans still best armor/agility/weapon/core ratio imho. freighters would be really interesting for pirating but really have no how it would work with them. Now smuggling would be another matter though.
No one mentioned the Percheron :\

I have had quite a good success in ripping apart ships hauling ores and silent when pirated. Sleeker and agile than the PTrans but sacrifices some 300 or 400 cargo space for that agility. btw, Junker ID on it gets 90%. I don't know about pirate ID. Alternately, Taureau is a cool option too. PTrans is a standard choice for cargo piracy
Percheron for survivability
Ptrans for offense
Big Dragon for something balanced
BWT for cargo
Pages: 1 2 3