Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Orange Treaty (Outcasts, Lane Hackers, Golden Chrysanthemums, Liberty Rogues)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: 119.png]

The Orange Treaty

Maltese Nation • Lane Hackers • Golden Chrysanthemums • Liberty Rogues

Section 1: The Treaty

1.1. In order to strengthen the alliance between Outcasts, Lane Hackers, Golden Chrysanthemums and Liberty Rogues and to secure the Cardamine market the following treaty regulating, among others, general rules concerning the duties and responsibilities of allied groups, the division of zones of influence and mechanisms for enforcing the treaty and resolving conflicts is signed by all entities officially representing the allied factions.

1.2. All future changes of the treaty require agreement of all entities officially representing the allied factions.

Section 2: General Resolutions

2.1. Members of the alliance will provide each other with strategic, tactical and intelligence assistance whenever possible and applicable.

2.2. Signed parties are encouraged to issue preferential trade contracts between each other for the purpose of strengthening their economic ties.

2.3. All Cardamine smugglers are under protection of the Alliance and should not be obstructed in any way, unless belonging to hostile factions. Members of the Alliance will provide them with assistance whenever possible and applicable.

2.4. Members of the Alliance will respect and enforce all resolutions of the treaty.

2.5. Entities officially representing allied factions will use their influence to improve enforcement of the treaty among independent groups and individuals.

2.6. Signatory organizations are encouraged to share their technological achievements and military products among the other signed members for the purpose of achieving greater results in the battlefield but also of strengthening their diplomatic bonds. This also includes the implementation of the necessary research which will eliminate all powercore losses attributed to hardware incompatibility.

Section 3: Base Access

3.1. Members of the alliance are granted access to all bases of their respective allies with the following exceptions:

3.1.1. Access to Outcast bases in Omicron-Phi, namely Bastia Outpost, Corsica Outer Sanctum and Dreadnought Captana is restricted for Lane Hackers, Golden Chrysanthemums and Liberty Rogues.

3.1.2. Access to component bases is granted through individual agreements with the respective base operators.

3.2. Members of the alliance are allowed to use bases of their respective allies for the purpose of ship repairs and rearming, as a staging ground for regular operations and to seek shelter from pursuing hostile forces.

3.2.1. Using Lane Hacker bases for operations against the Hogosha is forbidden.

3.2.2. Using Golden Chrysanthemum bases for operations against the Gas Miners Guild is forbidden.

3.3. Members of the alliance are allowed to use bases of their respective allies for the purpose of ships, equipment and commodities purchase and sales with the following limitation:

3.3.1. No faction specific weapons or ships will be purchased without prior agreement.

Section 4: Zones of Control

4.1. Liberty and Independent Worlds are considered Lane Hacker and Liberty Rogue controlled space. Kusari and Okinawa is considered Golden Chrysanthemum controlled space. Omicron Alpha, Omicron Beta, Omicron-Phi and Omicron-Tau are considered Outcast home space.

4.2. Omicron, Sigma and Tau regions are considered Outcast contested space.

4.3 Of the aforementioned systems, the following ones have a joint status:

4.3.1 Galileo and Kepler star systems are considered as a joint Lane Hacker, Golden Chrysanthemum and Liberty Rogue controlled space.

4.3.2. Sigma-13, Sigma-19, Tau-29 star systems are considered as a joint Golden Chrysanthemum and Outcast contested space.

4.4. Members of the alliance are granted full access to whole space claimed by their respective allies with the following exception:

4.4.1. Access to Omicron-Phi is restricted for Lane Hackers, Golden Chrysanthemums and Liberty Rogues.

4.5. Members of the alliance are granted freedom of operations within space of their respective allies with the following exceptions:

4.5.1. Lane Hackers, Golden Chrysanthemums and Liberty Rogues are not allowed to bring vessels of cruiser class or heavier to Outcast home space.

4.5.2. Outcasts are not allowed to conduct piracy within Lane Hacker, Golden Chrysanthemum and Liberty Rogue controlled space. Outcast organizations which have signed this Treaty are allowed.

4.5.3. Outcasts are not allowed to bring vessels of cruiser class or heavier to Lane Hacker, Golden Chrysanthemum and Liberty Rogue controlled space.

Section 5: Conflicts of Interests

5.1. While operating in space claimed by their respective allies members of the alliance should act in deference to official representatives of the host faction or factions.

5.2. All incidents and disputes arising from conflicts of interests between members of the alliance should be resolved diplomatically.

5.3. If a diplomatic solution cannot be achieved an uninvolved member of the alliance should be chosen to adjudicate and resolve the crisis.

Section 6: Treaty Enforcement

6.1. The burden of enforcement of the treaty lies primarily on the aggrieved members of the alliance. Use of any means necessary including lethal force is allowed.

6.2. Entities officially representing the faction take no direct responsibility for actions of independent groups and individuals.

6.3. Serious or repeated breaches of the treaty might lead to severe sanctions including but not limited to financial reparations, penal assignments, removal of docking permissions or, in extreme cases, complete banishment.

Section 7: Restriction Exemptions

7.1. Restrictions to base access, system access and freedom of operations can be lifted under one of the following conditions:

7.1.1. Allied vessel is accompanied by official representative of the host faction.

7.1.2. Special temporary or permanent agreement was made with the host faction or factions.

7.2. An agreement covering restriction exemption must be approved by all entities representing the host faction or factions.

Annotations

821-10-08 Initial treaty wording is agreed upon.
821-10-26 Point 2.2 is added.
821-10-26 Signed by The Lane Hackers.
821-10-26 Signed by The Padua Liberty Rogues.
821-10-27 Signed by The Liberty Rogoues.
821-11-02 Signed by The Crimson Cross.
822-01-25 Signed by The Ghosts of Razgriz.
822-02-04 Point 7.1.3 is added.
822-02-10 Changes are approved by all signatories.
823-02-17 The Ghosts of Razgriz withdraw from the treaty.
823-03-15 New proposal made by the Lane Hackers.
823-03-18 Signed by the Sisterhood of Dreams.
823-05-01 Signed by the Crimson Cross.
823-09-05 Signed by the National Council.
826-06-27 Signed by the Liberty Rogues.
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear allies and friends. Let me welcome everyone.

Dear Administrator Valente Rossi, I am extremely happy to have you here representing the 101st Ghost of Razgriz, our long lasting allies and trusted friends. I am very proud of the fact that we managed to revive the Airdrie - Corsica Direct Channel and bring back the cooperation between us to the desired levels.

Dear Warlady Amber Lane, it is a great pleasure for me to have you here on behalf of the Liberty Rogues, who have always been our closest allies and friends. Your willingness to work with me already allowed us to achieve many great things and I hope that it is only a beginning of a great new era of our alliance in Liberty.

Dear Lord Moka, we know each other for years dating back to when you were still leading Rogues from Buffalo. I dare to say that we have developed a great understanding of each other and earned a true friendship. While I understand that you might not be able to personally participate in this channel, I am sure that you can send someone here to represent the Padua Liberty Rogues.

Dear Comandante Luke Orsini-Contari, while our acquaintance was very short, I am currently in contact with Senor Drago Celestino and we are already increasing the level of cooperation between our groups. While Senor Valente Rossi will be representing here interests of the Outcasts and whole Nation, I do believe that your counselling is necessary for us to achieve long lasting and stable results, especially considering the Contari Lance abundant operations within Liberty.

Dear Cardinal Izek-Fernando Armando, I am afraid we have never met, but I heard many great things about you and seen the grow of influence of your movement. I am Professor Nicole Hunter and I represent The Lane Hackers. Despite the fact that, as I have been informed, you operate mainly in Omicron and Sigma regions, The Crimson Cross being members of the Outcasts will hopefully be also affected by the results of this endeavor. While Senor Valente Rossi will be representing here interests of the Outcasts and whole Nation, your counselling voice here, having the prospect of further recognition in future, might prove invaluable for the longevity and stability of the alliance.

I think it is high time for me to explain reasons behind creation of this channel. For years the powerful alliance between Lane Hackers, Liberty Rogues and Outcasts served as the dominant force in Liberty space and most Independent Worlds. Every minor incident was quickly resolved by the most interested parties and then things were quickly returning to the normal state. I am afraid, however, that the civil war between Ghosts of Razgriz and Contari Lance has shattered this construct, leaving deep scars not only in Maltese society itself, but Liberty as well. The alliance became extremely fragile and weak to the extent that we are deeply concerned with its future.

For a better understanding let me paint a grim alternative that could be a result of a hostility outbreak between our groups. Without free access to Liberty markets Outcasts' exports of Cardamine will drop by between 65% and 85%, ruining Maltese economy unprepared for such a shock. Additionally, being cut out from the main source of cheap labor will further deepen the depression on Malta. This double edged sword will also reduce Lane Hackers' income from smuggling and distribution by between 75% and 90%, while Liberty Rogues' wallet will shrink between 40% and 65%. Being pressured by the state of economy the Outcasts will try to resolve the emerging crisis by force and send bulk of their forces to Liberty. This will escalate the conflict into a devastating war in which The Liberty Rogues will be fighting in their own space on their own rules, which will obviously lead to unprecedented loss of resources and assets on each side. The Lane Hackers will be then given an impossible choice of aiding one side of the conflict.

However, The Lane Hackers rely both on Liberty Rogues' infrastructure and protection as well as Outcasts' patronage and deliveries. While this alliance is for you a matter of utmost importance and crucial interests, for us it is a prerequisite of the very existence. For this reason we will do everything in our power to maintain it. And when I say everything I really mean every possible asset, resource and influence. Since we remained neutral in the face of the Maltese Civil War and I have personally retained friendly relations with each of you, I think it is only natural that we come up with the following proposal.

Unity

Normalization of the post Maltese Civil War relations between The Lane Hackers, The Liberty Rogues and The Outcasts through three stage reform of the alliance under working codename Unity.
  • Stage one. In order to consolidate the alliance an extensive three-sided treaty covering among others zones of interests, territorial claims, operational limits and guidelines for resolving conflicts will be signed by The Lane Hackers, The Liberty Rogues, The Padua Liberty Rogues and 101st Ghosts of Razgriz on behalf of entirety of Lane Hackers, Liberty Rogues and Outcasts.
  • Stage two. In order to further increase the cooperation, security and strength of the alliance a unified system of base docking codes invalidation will be developed. This way troublesome individuals will face significant punishment being expelled from all bases of the alliance.
  • Stage three: In order to even further strengthen the alliance additional entities might be incorporated into the alliance in various ways. For instance enforcing the Junkers participation in the said system so our enemies no longer mock us staging attacks on our operations from their bases.

As it should be apparent now the prospects of this endeavor are very far reaching and there is certainly a lot to gain for each party. I would like to kindly ask you to confirm your willingness to participate in this project and state, for security reasons, who will be representing your organization in this channel.

The Lane Hackers as initiator of these negotiations are obviously wholeheartedly interested and will be represented by me and professor in spe, currently Provocateur Vladimir Scorpius.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
[Image: avatar_16685.png?dateline=1368836790]

SHIP ID: LR-I.Blame.Your.Ballz!
SUBJECT: ~Unity~

Dear Nicole and Hackers, Administrator Rossi and Ghosts, Commandante Celestino and Lanciers, Cardinal Armando and Crimson Cross and finaly, missing Lord Moka.

It's our pleasure to be part of this Unity and Alliance. It's our pleasure to co-operate with all allies of The Liberty Rogues and The Lane Hackers. As you already know our groups can't survive without other groups. As Nicole said, our economy, wallets would suffer and nobody wants that. Outcasts are The Liberty Rogues main business partner in a very important part of our market, including Slaves and Cardamine.

The Liberty Rogues agree with all Stages and you can expect our full co-operation.

[Image: e54oZUV.png]

~ Long live The Unity!!! ~
~ Long live The Liberty Rogues!!! ~
~ Rogue "Warlady" Amber ~

[incoming.signal]
[decrypting.signal]

Valente Rossi, Administrator
To: Professor Nicole Hunter, The Lane Hackers
Source: Corsica Outer Sanctum
Topic: Unity

[decoding.message]
[message.loads - opening.visual-transmission - reads]

Buongiorno. I certainly did not expect this kind of proposal when I woke up this morning. However, it is indeed a positive surprise. I will try to keep this short. Despite everything that happened in the past, namely, Padua Liberty Rogues siding with Contari Lance against the Ghosts in the civil war, I will put it all behind and look towards the greater good for all of us. There is a lot of potential in your proposal for the future that must not be wasted. As you have already mentioned, signora Hunter, our fragile alliance needs to be strengthened, otherwise, a complete riot will occur. Needless to say, I will be the one representing the Ghosts in this matter and a full cooperation can be expected from us. Now, let us wait for other people to share their thoughts regarding your proposal. Hopefully, we can start working towards better relations soon.

For power. For Ishmael. For the Ghosts.
Salutes.
Valente Rossi.

[visual-transmission.canceled - message.closed]
[encrypting.signal]
[signal.lost]

[Image: xlGUvpz.png]

[+]=======

To: Professor Nicole Hunter, Representative of the Lane Hackers
From: The Armando Estate, the desk of Izek-Fernando Armando
Dei vi benedica mio figlio,

I once did a favor for a man... an old friend of mine, who needed his family taken care of while he was away for a few months. A couple of years ago, as the Crusaders of the Cross finished off the pestilence of the La Torre family, it was this very same friend that prevented me from taking a plasma bolt to the head.

Loyalty to one's friends is paramount. Without it, one cannot hope to stand alone. I and the rest of the Crusaders watched as the civil war tore Malta apart. We have seen what happens to the people of Malta when this alliance of ours fractures.

Such is a sight I never wish to see again, in any capacity. While the Nación may have its differing parties of dissimilar minds and ideas, our goal remains the same: Malta's growth and furthered survival.

The spread of Cardamine through the support of the Allies of Malta is paramount to that very same goal. While it may be possible for all of our parties to operate independent of eachother, we benefit so much more when we all don't have guns pointed at eachother's heads.

This simple truth, is why you will have my support, as well as the support of the rest of the Crimson Council.

Andate , e colpire i nemici degli spiriti,

--Head Cardinal, Don Izek-Fernando Armando
...uploading.data...

Dear allies and friends,

I think that yesterday's convoy which spontaneously evolved into massive undertaking consisting of numerous transports belonging to The Contari Lance, The Liberty Rogues and The Lane Hackers, and assisted by The Crimson Cross and 101st Ghosts of Razgriz, especially in Colorado, has proved willingness of each party to further Unity project. I am quite confident that we will soon hear from The Contari Lance, but we might expect some delay from the Padua Liberty Rogues. Therefore, to strike while the iron is hot, I believe we should get to work as soon as possible and initiate stage one.

In order to allow easy flow of ideas and proposals I think that each member of this channel should feel free to propose any additions and changes, from single points up to entire sections of the future treaty, as well as additional topics for discussions. As initiator of this project I will take up the burden of updating the initial sketch of the treaty with all proposals expressed here and their incorporation into its body.

I believe that at least following topics should be discussed and covered by the renewed alliance:
  • Short preamble and recognizable name of the alliance.
  • General allowances, duties and rights of allies.
  • Division of Sirius Space into owned, controlled, restricted and open zones.
  • Operational restrictions in each zone.
  • Guidelines and mechanisms for resolving conflicts of interests and major incidents.
  • Ways of enforcing letter of the treaty.

I suggest to start from answering following questions:
  • What regions, systems or bases you do not wish your allies to have free access to?
  • What regions or systems you do not wish your allies to bring larger ships such as cruisers and battleships to?
  • What regions or systems you do not wish your allies to conduct active operations such as combat or piracy?

Let me start by answering those questions myself. The Lane Hackers consider The Barrier in Magellan, Komatsu Cloud in Galileo, St. Lawrence Ice Field in Ontario and Cold Lake Nebula in Alberta their uncontested space, however, we do not associate any special reservations with this fact. Furthermore, we consider entire Liberty and Independent Worlds as our controlled space on equal terms with the Liberty Rogues. We do expect, as it has always been before, that the Liberty Rogues will act in the spirit of equal partnership in our co-controlled space, while Outcasts will act in deference to our forces. We do not have anything against the fact that Outcast youth is trying to prove themselves in the harsh environment of Liberty and trying their luck against Liberty Navy there or pirating traders, however, we do look down on the waste of resources such as bringing Maltese heavy hitters to New York. On top of that, we do conduct active operations in small parts of Kusari and Bretonia, namely Leeds, Manchester and Shikoku, and very limited combat operations in the rest of Bretonia, Kusari and the Tau region - specifically aimed against Ageira Technologies and Interspace Commerce.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

[incoming.signal]
[decrypting.signal]

Valente Rossi, Administrator
To: Hacker-Rogue-Maltese-external-fileswap
Re-routing/Zeta.broadband.spread - encryption Enigma-Delta
Source: Corsica Outer Sanctum
Topic: Unity

[decoding.message]
[message.loads - opening.visual-transmission - reads]

[Image: FtOm4Um.jpg]

Professor,

It is amusing to hear from you in such a short notice. I am almost certain that the Contari Lance will show interest in this "unity" of ours, not sure why we have not heard from them yet. As for the Padua Rogues, I can only hope so, as I do not recall seeing one of them since I took over the Ghosts, nor before that.

Now, to move on to the more serious matters. I do agree with you regarding the topics that should be discussed straight away. The more things we put in place - The less windows of opportunity for undesired conflicts to arise. I might have some additional topics to be discussed, but it is too early for that. Everything in its time. Note that the statements I am about to make reflect only the Ghosts' point of view and not the Maltese Nacion as a whole, as we are still working on restoring our shattered government.

Let me start with the Omicron 85 matter, as it is probably the most complicated one. Access to the mentioned system is, and will continue to be highly restricted. Corsica Outer Sanctum and Dreadnought Captana will be off-limits to both the Hackers and the Rogues, excluding professor Hunter for the time being. Other exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis should the opportunity present itself. The Hacker's and the Rogues' leaders and their second in command will be given access to Bastia Outpost. I do trust in everyone's professionalism, but for the safety measures, non-Maltese personnel will be watched closely. Anyone who has the permission to enter Omicron 85 must be accompanied by at least one Ghost while doing so, no exceptions. Any and all capital ships shall be forbidden from entering Omicron Alpha, but again, exceptions can and will be made.

As for the last question - Provoking combat within 5 clicks of any Maltese installation will be highly frowned upon. However, if a Hacker or a Rogue finds himself in a life-endangering situation, they are free to seek refuge at the Maltese installations, but should keep in mind the safety of the station and its inhabitants while doing so.

That would be all from me.

For power. For Ishmael. For the Ghosts.
Salutes.
Valente Rossi.

[visual-transmission.canceled - message.closed]
[encrypting.signal]
[signal.lost]

- - : INCOMING TRANSMISSION : - -
- - : VISUALS ENABLED : - -

[Image: PpK6bUI.png]

Sender Identity: Siren Stone
Recipient: Professor Nicole Hunter
Subject: Unity
Encryption: Hacked Level 4
Urgency: Vital

Ms. Hunter, My name is Siren Stone, you may not have heard of me, yet I am one of Lord Mokas Underbosses in charge of our primary Galileo installation, Padua Base. I would first like to apologize for the lateness of this message. Due to recent developments regarding multiple facets of the Padua Liberty Rogues, we were unable to respond as we should have with haste.

I have been tasked with representing the PLR in regards to the Unity alliance as well as any further matters that may arise. I will first say that the Padua Liberty Rogues are intrigued as well as interested in this subject matter and wish to fully support this endeavor. That said, there will be certain matters that I, for now, will leave out of the subject, yet they will play a vital role in our cooperation.

As for our seemingly inactive nature as of late, we have been keeping close to home, repairing and preparing for the return of Lord Moka, Warlord to the Padua Liberty Rogues. I can guarantee you that once he has returned, you will find the PLR colors flying through Liberty once again. As for now, we have been keeping our efforts in Liberty in the hands of a group of Loyal PLR Independent Rogues known as the Colors.

I as well as the PLR will look forward to what comes of Unity, as well as the effects it has on our common enemies.

//:- For the PLR. For Lord Moka. Weapons Hot!! -:\\

- - :TRANSMISSION TERMINATED : - -
...uploading.data...

Dear allies and friends,

Several last days were extremely busy for me. I have personally flown to Cassini in order to meet Lord Moka and discussed matters extensively with Warlady Amber Lane, Underboss Thing, Administrator Valente Rossi and finally Head Cardinal Don Izek-Fernando Armando. It is very unfortunate that the Contari Lance did not join our talks yet. Nevertheless, I am content with the pace of the negotiations so far. I have finally finished preliminary sketch of the treaty based on all the information, proposals, initial agreements and several ideas of my own as well. Please remember that everything from wording to entire sections is subject to change, including the name of the treaty. The preliminary sketch can be found both in this message attachment as well as in the header of this channel. In due course of these negotiations all changes and proposals will be reflected there. Please feel invited to share your ideas and proposal concerning improving the current document.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...attachment.received...

The Orange Treaty
The Lane Hackers • The Liberty Rogues • The Outcasts

Section 1: The Treaty

1.1. In order to strengthen the alliance between Lane Hackers, Liberty Rogues and Outcasts and to secure Cardamine market the following treaty regulating among others general rules governing duties and responsibilities of the allies, division of zones of influence as well as mechanism for enforcing the treaty and resolving conflicts is signed by all entities officially representing the allied factions.

1.2. All future changes of the treaty will require agreement of the all entities officially representing the allied factions.

Section 2: General Resolutions

2.1. Members of the alliance will provide each other with strategic, tactical and intelligence assistance whenever possible and applicable.

2.2. Members of the alliance will respect and enforce all resolutions of the treaty.

2.3. Entities officially representing allied factions will use their influence to improve enforcement of the treaty among independent groups and individuals.

Section 3: Base Access

3.1. Members of the alliance are granted access to all bases of their respective allies with the following exceptions:

3.1.1. Access to Liberty Rogue bases in Cassini, namely Attica Station, Destroyer Graviton, Destroyer Quietly Confident, The Nonsense Factory and Another Fine Product From The Nonsense Factory is restricted for Outcasts.

3.1.2. Access to Outcast bases in Omicron-85, namely Bastia Outpost, Corsica Outer Sanctum and Dreadnought Captana is restricted for Lane Hackers and Liberty Rouges.

3.1.3. Access to component bases is granted through individual agreements with the respective base operators.

3.2. Members of the alliance are allowed to use bases of their respective allies for the purpose of ship repairs and rearming, as a staging ground for regular operations and to seek shelter from pursuing hostile forces.

3.3. Members of the alliance are allowed to use bases of their respective allies for the purpose of ships, equipment and commodities purchase and sales with the following limitation:

3.3.1. No faction specific weapons or ships will be purchased without prior agreement.

Section 4: Zones of Control

4.1. Liberty and Independent Worlds are considered Lane Hacker and Liberty Rogue controlled space.

4.2. Omicron Alpha, Omicron Beta, Omicron-80, Omicron-81 and Omicron-85 are considered Outcast home space.

4.3. Omicron, Sigma and Tau regions are considered Outcast contested space.

4.4. Members of the alliance are granted full access to whole space claimed by their respective allies with the following exceptions:

4.4.1 Access to Cassini is restricted for Outcasts.

4.4.2. Access to Omicron-85 is restricted for Lane Hackers and Liberty Rouges.

4.5. Members of the alliance are granted freedom of operations within space of their respective allies with the following exceptions:

4.5.1. Lane Hackers and Liberty Rogues are not allowed to bring vessels of gunboat class or heavier to Outcast home space.

4.5.2. Outcasts are not allowed to conduct piracy within Lane Hacker and Liberty Rogue controlled space.

4.5.3. Outcasts are not allowed to bring vessels of gunboat class or heavier to Lane Hacker and Liberty Rogue controlled space.

Section 5: Conflicts of Interests

5.1. While operating in space claimed by their respective allies members of the alliance should act in deference to official representatives of the host faction or factions.

5.2. All incidents and disputes arising from conflicts of interests between members of the alliance should be resolved diplomatically.

5.3. If a diplomatic solution cannot be achieved an uninvolved member of the alliance should be chosen to adjudicate and resolve the crisis.

Section 6: Treaty Enforcement

6.1. The burden of enforcement of the treaty lies primarily on the aggrieved members of the alliance. Use of any means necessary including lethal force is allowed.

6.2. Entities officially representing the faction take no direct responsibility for actions of independent groups and individuals.

6.3. Serious or repeated breach of the treaty might lead to severe sanctions including but not limited to financial reparations, penal assignments, removal of docking permissions or, in extreme cases, complete banishment.

Section 7: Restriction Exemptions

7.1. Restrictions to base access, system access and freedom of operations can be lifted under one of the following conditions:

7.1.1. Allied vessel is accompanied by official representative of the host faction.

7.1.2. Special temporary or permanent agreement was made with the host faction or factions.

7.2. An agreement covering restriction exemption must be approved by all entities representing the host faction or factions.

[Image: LOTB.png]

Nicole Hunter.

I've always secretly admired your tenacity and the way with words that you have. I, and my Familiare have in fact taken a few days to read over the treaty that you've taken the time to bring forward to the major parties that are involved in "Unity". Why? Because we are fond of the fact that you've been able to summarise the freedoms and lack of restrictions that the Lance, as Outcasts, have. This being opposed to having to remember what we can and can't do without intervention from our affiliates outside of Maltese space.

Now, don't take that as a sarcastic response as it's not intended to be. The work is truly understood to be a professional approach to possible situations that could arise as a result of a breach of these terms however, it raises the question of Why should the Lance sign a treaty that simply describes what we can, can't, do and don't do already?.

In short then. This treaty, whether we agree to put the Lance's banner under its reign or not, essentially changes nothing for us and though I can see why that would beg the question "why not?" To me and my fellow Familiare, as the Contari Lance have never liked to work closely with our affiliates to the point where we're bound by a treaty, save for our fragile neutrality with Bretonia...

... It saves an extra transmission to external groups announcing our behaviour and little else.

~Orsini
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5