Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shout out to the Keepers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Righto... Well... Simple question really, almost solvable by a PM, but who knows? The public may have an option which I like better.

So! I've taken an interest in that fancy alien font that you guys use in your posts and avatars. (See **We Patrol our Places**)

So I was wondering if you guys could inform me as to where you acquired such a fancy font because I've been kind of interested in a RP which would rely... Heavily on this font unless I want to say, "Phonetically it is, Shakalakvroomlekeohmadong" ... Which... Isn't preferable. So if you'd like to keep it secret you can PM it to me. I wont tell, I promise. I kept my brother's engagement secret for like, 6 months when I was 9 or 10.

Or... Do you guys do that symbols by hand? If so, you can point and laugh at me.

ALSO! This is the part where "Whomever" may come in. If anybody else has a prutty looking alien font which could pass as Dom'Kavash then please direct me there... Here? Where? So if you know of a kewl font on Acidfonts or some other place where I could acquire such a thing, that would be loverly. <-Edit- Virus free of course.

And if you can't understand what I'm trying to say, also point and laugh but then ask Wtfmate?.

Kay, thanks in advance or... Maybe not. That depends.

BYE BYE!
I'm sorry but the font used by the Keepers will not be released to the discovery public at the moment. You never know what the future might bring or if we'll release it out of the kindness of our hearts *cough*. But if you put your mind to it, and start comparing letters, you'll decode it soon enough.
Wonderful...

Me Wrote:This is the part where "Whomever" may come in...
Yeah, i'm just speaking for the Keepers here now. Since we kinda lost Treewyrm.

About a propper font for the DK, i'm not sure. Maybe design one yourself?
' Wrote:Since we kinda lost Treewyrm.

Tentacle down! Tentacle down!
We need a marine biologist!
Oh... Tree died? Well... Not literally hopefully. But umm... Went inactive. Righto.

Well... I suppose I could compare the Nomad "dialect" and make something similar? Although languages with characters almost never (actually never unless I'm wrong) have an alphabet, so I'd wind up making aimless symbols and not a complete language... Oh well, I'll try something.

Hmm... I'll look into it then.

-EDIT- In case Exile reads this, can I at least be provided a key "letter"? Its basically impossible or speculation to decode without one... Unless its reaally easy and I'm missing something. And are they letters or characters? Love?

-Double Edit- Silly me... Exile, not Linkus. Probably the fact he had link in his avvy which threw me off.:P
' Wrote:Tentacle down! Tentacle down!
We need a marine biologist!

You need a detox.

[/derail]

Yeah, that font is fancy as heck... Heh, so you guys are The Keepers of the secret font then? :P
You talking bout the funky alien language? if so what is it supposed to be? Dam Kavosh?
If I recall correctly, the Slomon K'Hara script is based off Daam K'Vosh script, but not the same as it. Language systems evolve, even when "normal" communication is symbolic and perfect. Some concepts are difficult to express symbolicly, and that's where the script comes in. Not to mention it looks flippin' sweet.

And there's actually a particular passage that I thought was a bit too easy to decipher, keep looking for key phrases and you might figure it out. If you do, please don't just tell everyone though... you can brag all you want though!:D
this thread makes no sense:rtfm:

*points the finger at Magoo! and laughs*:haha:
Pages: 1 2 3