Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cloaking Devices - Reports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CYqjbd6.png]

Report 1

Today (14.10.821) we start the preparations for the first Cloaking Device test onboard of the Mulde.
While it was docked at Dortmund Station all systems were double checked. During this check up some system parts have to be changed to ensure 100% functionality of all systems.
After 3 hours of testing, changing and preparing all systems work stable.
Before the Mulde was ready to undock, all crew members, scientists and me get medical sensors, who scan all vital signs of every person.

Then we undock safty from Dortmund Station and the whole crew was nervous and excited to be part of the first Test.
We flew 1k away from Dortmund Station and i hit the Button to start the cloaking process.
First thing what happens is that the shield went offline and the cloaking device consumes the MOX we have in the cargohold and the cloaking device begin to heat up the field emitter which is responsible for the cloakingfield. A weapon test show that the weapons are still working.

Nearly 2 minutes after i hit the start button the field emitter was ready and the field got build up and cloaks the ship, a new weapon test show that weapons are now offline.

We move close to Dortmund Station and on top of it i hit the uncloak button, which makes the ship visible for all. After the cloaking device was switched of the shield got charged up and weapons are working again without any failures.

Then we initial the docking sequence and dock to Dortmund Station to secure all gathered data and see what the Station sensores have scanned.

For now i can say it was a full success.

Some pictures that were taken during the test:
1, 2, 3

[Image: IwGKv3Z.png]

Result of Report 1

Two Days of reviewing and discussing all gathered data, by myself and a group of scientists, we are now ready to present our results.

First the crew and scientists and me were not affected by the cloaking device.
Nearly all were nervous, some are euphoric and less people have high blood pressure due to the first time of cloaking and be part of such an test.

Second the Station (Dortmund) was not affected by the uncloaking of the Liner.
There were some data that let us take a closer look to them, but it show that the sensor that we use on the station sends wrong data.

My team and i were proud to say that this test was successfull and we can move on to the next step of tests.

Report 2

After a short influenza, we start today (27.10.821) a new test of the cloaking device of the R&D-Mulde.

We start at Dortmund station, where we undock and then we start the cloaking process. After a weapons test, we fly to the Hamburg Jumpgate with cruise speed, reduce it to normal speed, dock to the tradelane back to Dortmund and uncloak infront of Dortmund Station. Where we finaly dock.

Now comes the bad part of reviewing the data and discuss them.

Camshots of the flight:
1, 2

Result of Report 2

After a few days of reviewing the masses of data we gain from all sensors, I can say that all runs like expected.
But now step by step.
First undiocking while cloaked from a station is impossible, but right after undocking start the cloaking is possible.
Entering cruise speed while cloak device charges up, no problem.
Cruising thru the open space while cloaked is awesome and it has no negativ or positiv effect on any of the crew.
Reducing to normal speed at the Hamburg Jumpgate in New Berlin, no problem.
Entering the tradelane while cloaked is a bit tricky for the docking software, but make able after some tries.
Using the Tradelane is no problem.
Docking while cloaked to Dortmund Station is after some preparations no problem.

All in all the test was a success and we can move on wit the next test after reviewing all sensors and make sure all works fine.