Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Privateer ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-23-2014, 12:48 AM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]Now I have a lot of doubt here. I have a map of Sirius, where... Baffin counts as Tau, but Drake and Inverness, being just theoretically Bretonian territory, is Western Independant.

From dev POV, inverness and drake arent bretonian territories. So not in your ZOI that's all.
(10-23-2014, 01:46 AM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]why would you want to go to Drake as a privateer ? it's a wilde system. not exactly somewhere for you to be pirating

Okay now. I understand. I'll need to remake my maps for further understandmemt.

What about scenario, when I demand cargo from someone (in Baffin or Cortez), he or she denies, I chase him. But there's a system that is not my ZOI? Can I chase the target through Coronado (provided I started in either Baffin or Cortez).
(10-23-2014, 11:45 AM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 01:46 AM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]why would you want to go to Drake as a privateer ? it's a wilde system. not exactly somewhere for you to be pirating

Okay now. I understand. I'll need to remake my maps for further understandmemt.

What about scenario, when I demand cargo from someone (in Baffin or Cortez), he or she denies, I chase him. But there's a system that is not my ZOI? Can I chase the target through Coronado (provided I started in either Baffin or Cortez).

If the fight begin in your ZOI, and that you jump just after him, you can continue. If the target go at +10K, you have lost it.
(10-23-2014, 10:40 AM)larzac Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 12:48 AM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]Now I have a lot of doubt here. I have a map of Sirius, where... Baffin counts as Tau, but Drake and Inverness, being just theoretically Bretonian territory, is Western Independant.

From dev POV, inverness and drake arent bretonian territories. So not in your ZOI that's all.

I have just realized Inverness is also my ZOI, because it borders Bretonia.
If I am right then Newcastle is Connected to Inverness, so It is considered as Bretonian Border system, thus BP ZOI
Updated map with my (suspected) ZOI:

[Image: XwEqCbL.png]

Green - self-explanationary
Dark green - Bretonian territory, cannot pirate.
Yellow - supply systems where I can land but cannot pirate (I wonder what about Hokkaido, if allying with GC).
Red - systems where I can't pirate, but I could assist my allies.

What about supporting GC or Outcasts against Kusari?
Can you copy Bretonia Privaters ID plz, the one on the wiki is from 4.86.
(10-23-2014, 02:06 PM)larzac Wrote: [ -> ]Can you copy Bretonia Privaters ID plz, the one on the wiki is from 4.86.

Lemme log... ZOI goes like this:
Bretonia, systems directly bordering Bretonia*, Taus**, Omegas***, Gallic Border Worlds.

* Magellan, Cortez, Inverness are systems bordering Bretonia.
** Baffin, Orkney, Nagano, Rishiri are Tau Border Worlds systems.
***Saar, Cayman are Omega Border Worlds systems.

I have based all the info onto in-game infocards. Not wiki, not maps, but onto infocards of the systems and the ID itself.

Lines are:
(Omnitted first three, because they are about engaging and demanding inside ZOI),
- Cannot ally with anyone except with Bretonian lawfuls, GC, Outcasts, Council and Maquis.
- Cannot use transports with more than 4,300 cargo.

So, in short, natural borders for Bretonian Privateers' ZOI are: Coronado, Liberty, Kusari, Gallia Core Worlds, Rheinland and Omicrons.
I feel there is something wrong with the way the question is introduced, or more specifically, the purpose of the subject of the topic.
However, since I thinking it is wrong doesn't make my thought right, I'll just leave it at that.

Regarding several points made throughout the thread:

(10-22-2014, 09:53 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]My ID restricts me only to Rishiri and Nagano. I can't enter Kyushu for example, because that's not my ZOI. And I was asking more about situation, what if I was caught with an Outcast for, I don't know, some other reasons? I am forced to withdraw or to change my "ally" instantly?

Also, why isn't Kyushu in BP ZOI, as Kusari Police is enemy on the initial reputation?

And no other problems aside this, since I would be flying mostly in Taus. Plot is that some Kusarian folks joined the Privateers ranks (in fact received letter of the marque), because they were pissed about Gallic influence in Kusari. This vessel is not, however, "official" QCP faction.

(10-22-2014, 09:33 PM)Ghost Radical Wrote: [ -> ]As a Privateer, who is being fed and supplied by BAF and BIS you are bound to obey the laws and regulations being put, that means no messing with diplomacy, treat Bretonia's allies with respect. To Bretonia, Liberty comes first though.

I was just asking about clarification, because it wasn't clear, since line says I can demand cargo and attack inside ZOI. Bretonia is within ZOI, so... hence the question. I know I can't attack Brets and Libertonians, but what about Kusari Corps? Or freelance traders? Follow the desc then?

Edit: How does Curacao Treaty and Bretonia-Kusari Treaty work with Bretonian Privateers?

I just want to do my best and not to make screw-ups, hence all these questions.

Kusari Police is enemy to the privateers because the Privateers are outlawed in Ksuari space, in the same way the Hogosha (you could say, Samura privateers) are outlawed in Bretonia.
As to why privateers can't pirate/attack inside the house they are outlawed, I guess it's the same reason: out of range, now a neutral house relations between contractor and the target, etc.
If the ID allows free unrestricted piracy against non allied targets in the Zoi however, I guess Kusari corps could be targeted, in the Taus I mean.

(10-23-2014, 12:53 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]Updated map with my (suspected) ZOI:

[Image: XwEqCbL.png]

Green - self-explanationary
Dark green - Bretonian territory, cannot pirate.
Yellow - supply systems where I can land but cannot pirate (I wonder what about Hokkaido, if allying with GC).
Red - systems where I can't pirate, but I could assist my allies.

What about supporting GC or Outcasts against Kusari?

If the Id has a line that say it can ally with unlawfuls, or with GC and Outcasts specifically, perhaps yes. A full and updated description of the ID posted would be nice to check this.
Edit: seen the quote below, so I guess that's a yes. However outside of the zoi, you are under their gameplay, and can't do your work on your own.

(10-23-2014, 02:12 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 02:06 PM)larzac Wrote: [ -> ]Can you copy Bretonia Privaters ID plz, the one on the wiki is from 4.86.

Lemme log... ZOI goes like this:
Bretonia, systems directly bordering Bretonia*, Taus**, Omegas***, Gallic Border Worlds.

* Magellan, Cortez, Inverness are systems bordering Bretonia.
** Baffin, Orkney, Nagano, Rishiri are Tau Border Worlds systems.
***Saar, Cayman are Omega Border Worlds systems.

I have based all the info onto in-game infocards. Not wiki, not maps, but onto infocards of the systems and the ID itself.

Lines are:
(Omnitted first three, because they are about engaging and demanding inside ZOI),
- Cannot ally with anyone except with Bretonian lawfuls, GC, Outcasts, Council and Maquis.
- Cannot use transports with more than 4,300 cargo.

So, in short, natural borders for Bretonian Privateers' ZOI are: Coronado, Liberty, Kusari, Gallia Core Worlds, Rheinland and Omicrons.

Just a little head's up, Rishiri is taus, but Nagano is Kusari territory. While it was probably to regulate Hogosha piracy in-house, it will have an effect on everyone's zoi. Rishiri is a border system between Gallia and Kusari, so it makes sense it doesn't fall straight into any of the houses sovereignty.
Nagano is perhaps Kusari territory (as well as Rishiri in that matter), but it is still Tau Border Worlds system in the info card. Either both mark Nagano and Rishiri as Kusari or Tau Borderworlds, because this is where problem lies.

I think the problem is that we have two different divisions of the Sirius:
- Political/roleplay map of the Sirius, where e.g. Nagano [and gactually Rishiri] are Kusari territory.
- Astronomical map of the Sirius, where Nagano, Oita and Rishiri are Tau Border Worlds.

So the issue here is: what we count in ZOI: astronomical (infocard) or political (roleplay/forum) division? If we count the second one, my ZOI is extended onto Coronado, because Inverness is a Bretonian territory, as charted on their maps. If we count the first one, I have full access to Nagano and Rishiro, as they are Tau Border Worlds.

Yet we have this list here.

As a sidenote, I think Nagano with Planet Tomioka is like Sigma-19 with Planet Kurile, while not being officially controlled by Kusari, it is controlled by Samura.
Pages: 1 2 3