Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.85 Player Wipe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
' Wrote:Q: Will there be a player wipe on Discovery RP server?
A: Currently, we don't see any need for a player wipe related to installing the next mod version.

' Wrote:Pennsylvania is the new large system, and a new starting location for server and single-player characters (unless you specify something else in the mod options).

It is my belief from what i have read that to change the starting point of the mod a player wipe is needed
Is a wipe not needed to change the starting point now that SP has been abandoned?
Let's keep it civil, just looking for clarification on a contradiction i found.
No, basically, everyone will stay where they are during the mod crossover.

So if you're parked on Manhattan when the new mod comes out, you'll still be parked on Manhattan after the mod.

However, if you create a new character, you'll start in Pensyllvania.

Also, there is no longer any single player, as the Jump Holes etc etc have been moved.

So, if you wanted to play Single Player, you would select where you wanted to start when you activate the mod. If you don't select a different one, you'll automatically start in Pensyllvania.

Hope that helps.

Seth
Hmm if they were to player wipe they would really just move all player info to the next mod so the players dont lose anything. I would think.
There will be no player wipe for 4.85, as has been stated quite frequently by Igiss:)