Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Gallia - Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am interested why most of the players dislike this house, and why some of them like it.

Please post if you want, thanks in advance.
Due to the fact that Gallia is inactive, I don't care about it.
Gallia is an intentional game bug
I like the scenario, and the care invested into the systems.
But after flying around for some hours and listening to the music it got boring.

So I returned to the dirty old debris fields of Texas and had fun complaining about.... er, what day do we have ?
I should really build an almanach so I can check easily what we are just complaining about, would spare me time.
No use complaining about Gallia, except on the Valour of their troops.
Gallia has become the word used to blame all this Games faults on.

I remember not so long ago that POBs were being blamed for the continuous lagging of the Game and the oh so frequent crashes. That eventually was found to be untrue.

When something happens, human nature kicks in, people like to blame problems on something. It only takes a couple of people to suggest an idea and then most will follow that lead. If enough people say something and it is repeated enough times, it then must therefore be true.

It has been said that people have left the Game because Gallia exists. I seriously find this hard to believe unless, like some people do, if they don't get their way with things then they will quit. Do we really want these types of people, who throw tantrums, when they don't get their way?

This Game is for everybody to enjoy and not for a select few who believe they know what the rest of us want out of the Game.

I have played in Gallia for nearly 3 years and I enjoy it. I have spent many hours helping people who have come to Gallia. This has often led me spending hours explaining things and showing them Trade Routes etc. Some have stayed but sadly most have left. If we had a larger Player Base and people who were open minded enough to give it a try maybe it wouldn't be as dead as it is now.

There are a few of us diehards that remain in Gallia. I am still willing to help any newcomers when they come to give it a try.

I don't tend to play in the Omicrons but I am not selfish enough to demand that it be deleted. If it was, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. We all have our favourite Factions and Areas of the Game. Let each enjoy what they want.

Burgundy has the best music in the game, so there's that.

Plus, the lore is fairly interesting and different (if a bit confusing, considering how retconned it's become) and provides some contrast to the original four houses.
I like the atmosphere there, and the very calm surroundings. Whenever I feel a bit stressed, I just trade there, or supply my PoB there. Once people start using Gallia (if at all), it will surely be a very good place to play in, and they will realise that. There are a few minor problems though, like the exorbitantly huge systems (shrink them down a bit) and some of the useless systems there. And lack of mining fields can be pointed out as a very good problem, since that makes it devoid of trader activity (constant trader activity). Which in turn has its toll on pirates, lawfuls and the quasi lawfuls there.

My suggestion would be to boost the trading activity inside Gallia, if you want any activity inside it. Traders are the starting grid in the cycle of activity.
Making a game BIGGER while the player base SHRINKS.

My issue with Gallia is more rooted in my issue with the dev storyline. Gallia is written to win - everyone else is written to lose.

As the players, and various faction heads, the story should be decided by those people - NOT a single script. The game isnt a movie - its a role playing universe, and having very little freedom to influence events is frustrating. I speak from personal experience having been faction lead of CR for a time, as well as being good friends with certain people who were incredibly upset with what happened to IMG.

In any case - this mod does not need gallia to be interesting. In my opinion, the mod needs to be smaller, to accomodate its smaller player base - an attentive dev and story team, working together with faction leads, so that the mod can grow from player attention.

Holding to the storyline beyond all sense is, from my perspective, a good culprit for why the mod is slowly shrinking.
Gallia has fallen into such unfavoure by many reasons, and much of them, unfortunatly, are inreverseable.

The huge miss is, that Gallia was misscalculated. It's like a vehicle, which got a lot of hiden design flaw, but in same time, well made, and has great look. From the initial view, you say: Hey, it's cool! But after some time, you starting to see, that something is pretty wrong.

Same made with Gallia- a lot of effort was put into it, and it's looks indeed as it was intended- strong and powerfull antagonist, a true challenge to Sirius society. But in same time, Gallia is lifeless land, whith huge distances to travel, and except bases and ship's look- pretty the same, what we can see in all other house systems. Same internal conflicts against criminals, same "Navy with state of the art technologies and ships, against bunch of renegages", a locked down system, which has little a point in it... realy nothing worth intensive visiting.

And, what is the most pissing off- effort put in Gallia, could be put into Sirius sector, which was already a well running mechanism, with solid playerbases nearly in every faction.
I dislike it due to being so freakin' large (even the individual systems), having next to no players and a really terrible trade lane design - Ile de France anyone? If I was the King, I'd get the engineer in question decapitated.

Diplomatically GRN aren't that much fun to play either - they were crafted to be the badguys just like nomads, but it limits the scope of GRN diplo severely, as well as creates a secondary great evil - most stories work better with just one head honcho.

At the get-go Gallia suffered from a lack of player factions to connect with the rest of Sirius. A proper Brigand faction and more active official Gallic Junkers would have helped Gallia to "fit in" with the rest of Sirius, but it's too late for that now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4