Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This is Noobie 1-1....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hullo there. I am a noobie. To Discovery mod that is, so please go easy and forgive in advance any dumb questions or lame actions.

First, sorry for making my in-game handle (ONCA) all-caps. I made a mistake.

Second, great mod. Love it.

Now I've put together a list of a few noob questions, if you would be so kind. Again sorry if sounding stoopid:

1. What is meaning "PM", as in "PM me...."?

2. What is meaning "AFK"?

3. Any other acronymnsngo pertinent to the game?

4. What's the go with "faction tags"? Understood, one can join player faction, for $$$. But I've heard mention of joining NPC factions? Howz that?

5. Do wrecks respawn? How often? I hope there's a rule to discourage "farming".

6. Any reason why I can't form up with a Liberty dreadnought convoy? Yes my rep with them is "green", and I can form up with a cruiser convoy, etc. Bug?

7. What's the go with Taiidan (sp.) ships? They seem pretty ordinary to me. Like the Taiidan fighter, nothing but a boxy Rogue Bloodhound, for sale in Rhineland???!!!

9. Any "gentleman's" rules with PvP? (besides none in NY and <lvl.30). Will a player announce "I shall kill you now", or just start shooting? I mean, are we talking Marquess of Queensbury or sucker punch from behind.

10. What's the etiquette with another guy's loot? I saw some guy blow up so many NPCs, the space was littered with loot, much more than he could carry. Is it rude to feed off his table scraps? Ok I wouldn't tractor the captain's lifepod or a Cerberus turret, but that worthless H-fuel would mean alot to a low-level player.

11. Can we demand cargo from NPCs? How done? ("Ok Freelancer 3-1, here's the gate/lane parts! Please don't hurt me!" or "Right, everybody off the cruiseliner and into my hold. Its the cardamine slave-factories of Crete for you now!")

That's it for now. Keep up the good work, and see yous "Sirius side".

onca

Quote:1. What is meaning "PM", as in "PM me...."?

Pm, Private message, can be located under all of the info of any user on any one of there posts.

Quote:What is meaning "AFK"?

AFK, Away from Keyboard, if someone say AFK, don't varpourise them until they come back please.

Quote:Any other acronymnsngo pertinent to the game?

Well, we have Disco, which means discovery.

Quote: What's the go with "faction tags"? Understood, one can join player faction, for $$$. But I've heard mention of joining NPC factions? Howz that?

Easy, get all the way in the green with the said faction, and NO you don't have to pay to be in a faction, well, you shouldent have to.

Quote: Do wrecks respawn? How often? I hope there's a rule to discourage "farming".

Yes, they respawn 2 times a day if I am correct, I think after every server session (Time between server maintenance.) And no, no rule.

Quote:Any reason why I can't form up with a Liberty dreadnought convoy? Yes my rep with them is "green", and I can form up with a cruiser convoy, etc. Bug?

Why would you want to?

Quote:What's the go with Taiidan (sp.) ships? They seem pretty ordinary to me. Like the Taiidan fighter, nothing but a boxy Rogue Bloodhound, for sale in Rhineland???!!!

Titan?

Quote:Any "gentleman's" rules with PvP? (besides none in NY and <lvl.30). Will a player announce "I shall kill you now", or just start shooting? I mean, are we talking Marquess of Queensbury or sucker punch from behind.

Just kill.

Quote:What's the etiquette with another guy's loot? I saw some guy blow up so many NPCs, the space was littered with loot, much more than he could carry. Is it rude to feed off his table scraps? Ok I wouldn't tractor the captain's lifepod or a Cerberus turret, but that worthless H-fuel would mean alot to a low-level player.

Go ahead, anythings fair game just as long it is in space. And if someone dyes, thats what player looting is for, take there weps, cargo, and everything.

Quote:Can we demand cargo from NPCs? How done? ("Ok Freelancer 3-1, here's the gate/lane parts! Please don't hurt me!" or "Right, everybody off the cruiseliner and into my hold. Its the cardamine slave-factories of Crete for you now!")

I like the idea, but sadly, you have to kill them.

And, if you notice, I'm a pirate/terrorist so, you can see it from my point of view.
onca,Jun 26 2006, 08:20 PM Wrote:1. What is meaning "PM", as in "PM me...."?
PM means Private Message. Meaning to either send someone a private message through the forums or use the private chat feature Freelancer has.
Quote:2. What is meaning "AFK"?
AFK means Away From Keyboard. Generally for a short period of time the player will be unable to respond or slow to respond to hails.
Quote:3. Any other acronymnsngo pertinent to the game?
BRB: Be Right Back
GB: Gunboat
BS: Battleship
I can't really think of more.
Quote:4. What's the go with "faction tags"? Understood, one can join player faction, for $$$. But I've heard mention of joining NPC factions? Howz that?
You can join a faction, but I know of no factions that require your money to join. The "joining of NPC factions" is kind of what happens when you join a player faction. You see, every faction has to pick a NPC faction to be aligned with, at least to own a system. The way it works is you align your reputation to match that of the NPC faction the player faction is based.
Quote:5. Do wrecks respawn? How often? I hope there's a rule to discourage "farming".
Wrecks respawn. Don't know how often. No rule that I know of.
Quote:6. Any reason why I can't form up with a Liberty dreadnought convoy? Yes my rep with them is "green", and I can form up with a cruiser convoy, etc. Bug?
No idea... Probably the formation is full. Freelancer has a limited size for formations.
Quote:7. What's the go with Taiidan (sp.) ships? They seem pretty ordinary to me. Like the Taiidan fighter, nothing but a boxy Rogue Bloodhound, for sale in Rhineland???!!!
Ships added. No idea why they are sold in Rheinland. You'll have to ask Igiss.
Quote:9. Any "gentleman's" rules with PvP? (besides none in NY and <lvl.30). Will a player announce "I shall kill you now", or just start shooting? I mean, are we talking Marquess of Queensbury or sucker punch from behind.
Well... For a friendly PvP you have to ask. Generally for friendly PvP you don't use nanobots or shield batteries. For non-freindly PvP (such as RP-forced PvP) you can use Nanobots and shield batteries. If you are a pirate you have to say "give me your loot" or similar. If you are a good-guy, you generally have to say "Leave or die". Only terrorists can kill without warning.
Quote:10. What's the etiquette with another guy's loot? I saw some guy blow up so many NPCs, the space was littered with loot, much more than he could carry. Is it rude to feed off his table scraps? Ok I wouldn't tractor the captain's lifepod or a Cerberus turret, but that worthless H-fuel would mean alot to a low-level player.
Well, if they don't tractor it in. Its free game, as far as I'm concerned.
Quote:11. Can we demand cargo from NPCs? How done? ("Ok Freelancer 3-1, here's the gate/lane parts! Please don't hurt me!" or "Right, everybody off the cruiseliner and into my hold. Its the cardamine slave-factories of Crete for you now!")
Unfortunately, you can't. It is much to hard to mod into the game for anyone to even attempt for an extended period of time.

I hope that all makes sense. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Quote:1. What is meaning "PM", as in "PM me...."?

PM=Private message

Quote:2. What is meaning "AFK"?

Away From Keyboard

Quote:4. What's the go with "faction tags"? Understood, one can join player faction, for $$$. But I've heard mention of joining NPC factions? Howz that?

Haveing a NPC faction name in fron of your own Example" Outcasts-Joe_Smith

Quote:5. Do wrecks respawn? How often? I hope there's a rule to discourage "farming".

Yes they Respawn after Server Reboots, as for farming NPC's is Ok.

Quote:7. What's the go with Taiidan (sp.) ships? They seem pretty ordinary to me. Like the Taiidan fighter, nothing but a boxy Rogue Bloodhound, for sale in Rhineland???!!!

They Arn't tide to any one house, there here for variety.

Quote:6. Any reason why I can't form up with a Liberty dreadnought convoy? Yes my rep with them is "green", and I can form up with a cruiser convoy, etc. Bug?

There formations are already Full, theres a limit to how many ships can be in a formation b4 they start getting weird.

Quote:9. Any "gentleman's" rules with PvP? (besides none in NY and <lvl.30). Will a player announce "I shall kill you now", or just start shooting? I mean, are we talking Marquess of Queensbury or sucker punch from behind.

If you buy a capital class ship, you keep the shield given to you, don't change it out, When Pirateing, and you wish to attack, simple Announce it in your own fashion when you are attacking someone in the same system.

Quote:10. What's the etiquette with another guy's loot? I saw some guy blow up so many NPCs, the space was littered with loot, much more than he could carry. Is it rude to feed off his table scraps? Ok I wouldn't tractor the captain's lifepod or a Cerberus turret, but that worthless H-fuel would mean alot to a low-level player.

Just Ask, most people wont mind, If there holds already full.

Quote:11. Can we demand cargo from NPCs? How done? ("Ok Freelancer 3-1, here's the gate/lane parts! Please don't hurt me!" or "Right, everybody off the cruiseliner and into my hold. Its the cardamine slave-factories of Crete for you now!")

Nope, Can't boss around the NPC's, But you can kill them and steal it that way.

Welcome to Discovery! Seems all your questions have been answered..but if you have more while in game, you can always ask one of the Angels. Hope to see you out there soon.

Cay
caylith,Jun 26 2006, 08:50 PM Wrote:Seems all your questions have been answered..
[snapback]24672[/snapback]

More than once!
Nice to have to have you here. It would appear a slow news night is in progress ...
and a serious case of TMA has occured ...

Hoodlum :cool:
Cool! Thanks everyone, I am now "clued up" :)

Keeping it icy....
onca
onca,Jun 26 2006, 11:20 PM Wrote:3. Any other acronymnsngo pertinent to the game?
[snapback]24666[/snapback]
Well, to shorten sentences we use to call ship classes, systems, planets, PC factions, etc by the first letters of the words.

For example, instead of New London, you can say NL.
Rheinland Battlehip, RH BS...
Instead of Asgard Warriors just way AW...
And so on...

Oh, and welcome to discovery. I hope you enjoy your stay :)
:yahoo: welcome....

Cool... you enter with a bunch of questions.... shows you're interested in a fair RP
(wich means Roleplay :P )

Nice to have you on the server....
Feel free to ask anyone for more information especially The_Angels
(oops... like Cay offered.... ^^ )

:lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 4