Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GC Tea House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A girl of obvious mixed heritage steps into the tea house, standing a bit taller than her sisters. She peers around for a few short moments, before settling in a quieter area. Her left arm seems quite unuseable, and remains in a sling, cradled against her torso. She lets out a low sigh as she relaxes, before retrieving a rather dated data-pad from a satchel. Idly she slides her finger along the holographic screen, perusing the information saved within. Small amounts of dirt and grime coat her clothing, and an assortment of scars rest over her tanned skin.

Her weight shifts, and she settles to lean on her right arm, her head propped up on her closed fist. Her eyes scan over the data-pad, text and images slowly scrolling bottom to top. Time to time her attention is drawn away from the holographic text, her eyes locking on nothing in particular as she listens on the quiet, ambient noise for a few seconds.
Keiko bows and takes the Katana, slinging it across her back.

"Thank you for giving me this. I will cherish it."

She hears the doors whirr open. A girl who she doesnt recognize steps through the doors. Keiko stands up and walks towards her and bows.

"Konnichiwa. My name is Keiko Matsumado. I am the leader of the New Sisterhood of the Golden Chrysanthemums. Can I help you with something?I havent seen your face before."
Saigo does a small bow towards Keiko and going back to the corner which she was sitting at, as she arrives back in the corner she has a small smile on her face.

Hopefully that will help her, i fear that she may need all the help she can get before the end. The GC are in disarray and there are so few of us- maybe with true leadership that will change. We shall see... Now i believe it is time for me to go and reclaim some of my things, i have a new ship to get and in the future it will be needed.
But first, i shall finish this drink and see what this newcomer does- i am only an unknown sister...

The smile gets slightly larger as Saigo finishes thinking about the subject.
Himeka blinks a few times as she's approached, turning her gaze up to the woman. She straightens her posture, but doesn't stand. "Konnichiwa." She bows her head in return. "I'm Himeka Naito-- An honor to meet you, sister Matsumado." She offers a brief smile, before her expression falls plain again. "I'm not surprised that I'm not very recognized. I haven't been with the sisterhood for long, nor are my actions anything worth not." She nods once. Her eyes wander for a few moments, before they lock back on to Keiko. "There's nothing I need help with now. Just looking to.. relax in friendly company." She nods again. "Thank you for the offer, however." Again she offers a brief smile. She keeps her gaze on Keiko, brows raised as she perhaps waits for further conversation, or for her departure.
Keiko enters the bar and walks to the most secluded booth. When the watress walks over to ask her for her order Keiko just waves her off. She needed to think. Today had been an eventful day.
The vigorous sound her boots leave on the stations hard floor indicate the reluctancy she is coming for what is within the Sisterhood known as the Tea-House. Unlike with most residents, her tread is accentuated by the maltese combat-suit covering the commonly worn light kusarian fabric.
On Ainu-Depot, providing a marvellous view into the Shiden-Cloud, the free women of Kusari, the Chrysanthmum Sisters, enjoy the comforting atmosphere and environment created to forget about the forbidding society outside their safe haven. Tsukiko did not thought once about entering the Tea-House unarmed, her assault-rifle shouldered, both guns holstered on her thighs, a set of knives right ontop her left shoulder blade. A typical maltese appearance. So is the breathing mask she is wearing, a design exclusively used by Nacions first-class citizens.
Ignoring the stern look given by the guards, she is heading directly towards the counter. Ordering a Sunshine, tequila mixed with orange juice and a shot absinthe, Tsukiko is looking around the place. Being her first visit after several years, the location did not change an awfully lot. Still the same decorations of drawn flowers at the walls, still the same force of light illuminating the interior. Way too radiant for her liking, as she prefers the oppressive and sinister emotion the Abyss provides.
On the alcove most apart, her view catches Keiko. Signaling another order for a Sunshine, she is waiting without much more interest in her surroundings for both drinks being handed over to her. Finally given what she desired to get, Tsukiko walks over to the place Keiko had perched herself.

Annyeonghaseyo. I'll not call you sister, as you better explain what happened out there. Why you so willingly followed their commands, blindly executed their orders? And why you insisted on ignoring the word of one of those you'd call your sisters?

Unquestioned, Tsukiko is taking place on the opposite side of the desk, throwing her disfavour towards Keiko. Sliding one of the drinks over the boards surface so Keiko could reach it, she continues to speak with a tone underlying her voice rather suited to express aversion and abhorrence.

So, my dearest signora Matsumado. What excuse you got for your behaviour?

So i guess I need to give you an explanation don't I.

I should probably start from the beginning. The Consortium is a group of Human/AI Hybrids that came to my mother and the other Sisters a long time ago looking for some place to stay and research. The Chrysanthemums gave them reign over Kawada Research Station and it was from there that they created the ALPHA code. I was just a young teenager when it happened but I heard whispers on Chanai about a deadly code that could kill just with a transfer. The consortium were going to use it as a weapon, and my mother and the rest of the sisterhood were going to unleash it upon the world. I panicked and ran away because I couldn't believe that they were going to kill hundreds of innocent living beings with the code. I ran to the CR that day. however a decade later I returned and found everyone on Morioka dead. Was it the ALPHA code? I don't know. But I couldn't risk the code getting any further than Matsuda. That is why i did what I did.
Not likely a satisfying answer to her, she leans over the desk towards Keiko. The Sunshine infront, she is biting on the drinking draw a few times with an empthatic look up to her trying to put the pieces of what was said into an overall picture.

Why had them been given reign over such a precious installation as Kawada is and why nobody took it up to overwatch their work there? You first put your trust into a band you call Consortium, then you speak of turning away from the Sisterhood just to return to find most sisters dead. It's like you left them to die.

Noticeably enjoying her drink, Tsukiko takes the assault-rifle off her shoulder, saddling it over the backrest. There is a radial menu and switching entries seen on her visors acryl, a device evidently of maltese design also, indicating her screening through the Neural-Net while attending this conversation.

I saw you cooperating with imperial pilots, heard you speaking of your time with the Colonials and that you came back to find your sisters passed the gateway to the eternal way of life. And I heard you stating this code you called the Alpha actually is powerful enough to eradicate whole societies.

Giving Keiko a second to have her words impact, she looks around who else is present she would recognize. As none of the sisters appear familiar, her frame of mind changes, showing the bitter insight that none of her former associates might still be with the Sisterhood. Maybe they have chosen to avoid places like the Tea-House. Tsukiko tries to reason with this thought. The location was so far from what her nature is, what her temper needs to fill the blankets in her mind with the essential noise to forget for just a moment. This colourful place, an illusive vision of a quiet instant, an insubstantial attempt to recreate reality in a soothing way. Nothing to her attitude. Nothing to her liking. Tsukiko takes a look into Shiden-Cloud remembering the sedative fictive virtuality the Abyss puts into minds. It is following her like a wraith to all her encounters. It is always with her. Always part of her.
Second is over as she captures Keikos presence with a pervasive look.

Indeed it changed a lot with the Sisterhood. Myself being a relict of the time you so much tried to escape with haste over a decade past. You panicked that time, and you panicked again hearing of what was a reminiscence to the fear you have about the subject.
Should've let me made a copy of that code at least. There's people who're actually apt and qualified to adequately deal with such an affair.
But you panicked and ran blindfolded with yet another code we don't even know what it was, nor what it contained, towards the Matsuda and uploaded it to the main core-unit. You endangered the whole Sisterhood by your actions.
And I'd ask you to let me screen through the files on the Matsuda the next day so we can at least be sure your adventure did not left us with imperial malware reading through the logs.

Keiko looked up with a little bit of fire in her eyes.

Did you even hear what I said? I was 15. I tried to stop them. I pleaded with my mother and she wouldnt hear any of it. They let the Consortium do what they wanted to becasue they trusted them. I diddnt trust them at all. Yes I left because I was scared and I am ashamed to admit so. And true enough my actions in the last day may have been out of fear too. But you speak of giving you a copy? A copy of that code should not exist anywhere. It is a bane to mankind. It needs to be eradicated off the face of existence. That is why i did what I did. I can not - no WILL not be blamed for the actions of my predecessors. The only thing I can do is do everything in my power to prevent something like it ever happening again.