Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RPing a news reporter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I am getting reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bored with disco right now, and I'd like something fresh to do to keep me involved.
So, what would be the best way going about RPing a news reporter? How would I get stories, considering most worthy news occurs in private comms between parties?

Any more tips would be appreciated.
Pay for intel.
(11-01-2014, 04:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]So I am getting reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bored with disco right now, and I'd like something fresh to do to keep me involved.
So, what would be the best way going about RPing a news reporter? How would I get stories, considering most worthy news occurs in private comms between parties?

Any more tips would be appreciated.

You can be part-time jobber of the Kyushu Independent. Hehehe. Smile
Choose a House, follow their police, report what happens in the RP section of the forums. Or do the same with their Navy and become a War Reporter. Just know you'll probably be targeted if you get too close.
Talk to some of the ones that are currently doing this.
You could ask around for stories or pay people ingame credits for news worthy items.
The hard part is to make sure you are more than just the spokesman of one faction.
Don't forget to rent out add space to help cover the costs Smile
Be creative. Manufacture slanderous material against popular RP characters, it'll be amusing. Nobody says you have to be a reporter of integrity...
Be corrupt, take bribes, bend the truth. Could be fun.
(11-01-2014, 05:38 PM)Rodent Wrote: [ -> ]Be creative. Manufacture slanderous material against popular RP characters, it'll be amusing. Nobody says you have to be a reporter of integrity...

I agree on that. Looks like someone picked up idea of the news thing... Oh well.

Can't want onto some disturbing news about Jinpachi Saika, even if those are lies. Tongue Be creative.
My main char is a reporter, but there are others too and each of us RPs differently. There's no limits to what you can do, but I've found that actually roleplaying the act of going out there to do your investigations is the most fun. Got to do an extensive interview to Mal once and I'm now working on the James Trenton persona, besides that I scatter zoner news snippets here and there through the No Buns No Cabbages Reports.
(11-01-2014, 05:38 PM)Rodent Wrote: [ -> ]Be creative. Manufacture slanderous material against popular RP characters, it'll be amusing. Nobody says you have to be a reporter of integrity...

That sounds quite amusing indeed...commence the lie-train.
Pages: 1 2