Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: cool stuff for fighters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i had this idea while in the can. Wat if we could in the next version have more stuff for fighters. i mean once u get the discovery scanner and heavy tractor beam and the best shield its really kinda boring. how bout a power upgrades more fighters maybe even one that could take on a battleship. and maybe even make a ship that can hold nothing but level ten weapons. how bout more weapon upgrades. make it worth having a fighter and not have it get boring so the only thing one has to look forward to is buying a battleship.
Fighters arent supposed to take on a BAttleship. Also ppl wil abuse it and only buy the stron gest fighter.
Yeah. A fighter should NOT be able to kill a battleship on its own. Two Bombers or about 3 fighters should. But battleships would be a bit pointless if you could OUT GUN one with a fighter.... -.-' it sounds freaky but codenames are really REALLY powerfull. And torpedos...
johnson87,Jun 27 2006, 07:02 AM Wrote:ok  i had this idea  while in the can. 
[snapback]24691[/snapback]
:lol: thanx, very usefull information on figuring out where your idea came :P
Fighters are ok as they are now. With exeption of Raven's Claw and Talon, which sould be downgraded to levels of all the other fighters.
Wel an Level Upgrade kit would be cool if ya have an defender or anubis tht the weapons slot set to level 10 but not to take down BS's, but for each player tht wants its own perfect model :)
The equipment of a very heavy fighter is okay...

if you start too many upgrades or create very very heavy fighters, you'll never find an end.

You think it's boring after having all the codenames, the discovery-scanner and the best tractor ?

Well... then, there is only one thing left.... "ENTER THE ROLEPLAY" Find your place on discovery...

There are so many challenges, when you're a part of roleplay... You'll see, there is always something
of what you think you had it... but it can be done better...

I said 'good bye' to the thought discovery was another "tuning-box" for ships (see TNG)
But I welcomed the society of roleplayers... and the ability of having it without a flaming forum...

It's amazing... see....

greets
Chiana
Roleplaying is what i seek. ALl my chars are made for roleplaying, equipped for roleplaying :P
Korrd,Jun 27 2006, 01:56 PM Wrote:Fighters are ok as they are now. With exeption of Raven's Claw and Talon, which sould be downgraded to levels of all the other fighters.
[snapback]24757[/snapback]

OR, The other VHF's get upgraded. I like my talon. D:<

Chiana Wrote:You think it's boring after having all the codenames, the discovery-scanner and the best tractor ?

Theres always the armor upgrades, and finding the best way to balance shield and hull damage. But roleplay Is ALWAYS good, I'm sorting out my story and getting my names changed now for one.

johnson87 Wrote:how bout a power upgrades

He has got a point. Add some power gen upgrades, and some weight reducers, there is also an item in Crossfire freelancer that interests me, in the case of roleplaying, Licenses. I.E: Bounty Hunters License, RH Military License, and badges to show authority.
How can you be bored? I have started out playing fighters until I got some serious money. I switched to small freighters until I had the cash to buy a transport. I then bought a Large train. Now the money is coming in.... I add more charcters and try new ships. I have tried all the ones nobody else plays, Asteroid miners, armored transports, CSV, prison ships, Lux liners, bombers, and cruisers. By the way, did I ever say this before? I LOVE CRUISERS! Still haven't tried any gunships though. (sorry Jamez!) Some of the different ships are really cool looking and I always gotten comments when flying an unusual ship in the Manhatten area.
Now I have owned each of the cruisers.
I bought my first Britonian battleship yesterday, still trying to get the hang of it, not too pleased with it yet but....time will tell. Might have to try Lib. Dreadnaught and Osiris until I find out which I like best.
Now...I am getting into role-play. Gonna be a sneaky bad guy in my Huegenot cruiser, Kusari aligned with my Kusari Destroyer, Rheinland with my Rheinland cruiser, Britonian with the battleship, and my Trader, BabyDoc, is neutral and has been used by me several times to help new-comers get enough cash to buy their first ship, show them trade routes, etc. I even hired out as a bounty hunter in my prison ship. Noone expects to get ambushed by a trading vessel!
There is no end to the variety, no way to be bored, sorry!
BabyDoc