Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The "review" period for deciding Officialdom.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I'm basically posting this on behalf of a couple of others because I have the time to do it for the moment.

It's a minimum of 3 months for the staff to review a factions activity, RP ability and overall contributions to their NPC faction equivalents lore. That's fine and all and it makes sense to have this period of time as this allows the factions activity to duck and dive but also show that they have the commitment needed to make the request worth it...

... However in the servers current state, though there's obviously reasons for a decline in activity in term-time for those at school, college etc etc. - perhaps it might be a good idea for this period to be temporarily shortened a bit, making the need to "prove themselves" less demanding while not affecting the possible increase in game time that the faction members want to put in to gain officialdom at the end.

It's not a large issue but I personally believe that this natural correlation isn't solely responsible for the significant decline in recent months. It'll be impossible to pinpoint the exact problems that have caused it seeing as it can be anything from stagnant gameplay (devs, i'm looking at you (sun)), crashes and like but if the majority (again, hypothetical thinking here) want the server to carry on thriving then every little helps when it comes to increasing motivation to log.

This is one of many minor changes that I'm sure could be made if the community has other ideas but this is one I've noticed people talking about in Skype chats and such. Hell, on the other side of the coin, to compensate for "making it easier" then rules to ensure motivation to create quality RP and a decent quantity of it and re-enforcing rules to remain offical could be revised. Who knows.

Oh and uhh. Haha... Period. *snigger*
If a faction is dedicated enough, a month or three doesn't make a difference.
Honestly, the three month trial period is just to see if the faction has enough drive to keep going. This prevents lulz-factions such as Torpedoes or such to accidentally end up on the official list and, honestly, it is for the best.
I must agree with snak3 and sindroms on this one.
Yep, if the faction can held up then 1 or 3 months doesn't matter. Why the rush anyway? Just do your thing.
I think that three months are alright. If a faction dies before they have passed, it isn't the best candidate for officialdom.
Three months is too long. There's no difference between 3 months, 2 months or even 1 month. It just needlessly adds extra waiting time to the request.
2 months, or even 1 month, is enough time to get an average idea of a factions performance and impact to the server.
(11-04-2014, 09:58 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]If a faction is dedicated enough, a month or three doesn't make a difference.

KTA would be official faction now then. *Snickers.*

All in all, there are factions that became official, but then went dead (like RoS). Hell, even official/vanilia factions went kinda unofficial (like, why BD| cannot post blanklet bounties? Or "new" KP?)
(11-04-2014, 02:12 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]2 months, or even 1 month, is enough time to get an average idea of a factions performance and impact to the server.

(11-04-2014, 02:30 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]KTA would be official faction now then. *Snickers.*

Good point.
I mean, do we really want such factions to instantly gain officialdom?
There is a difference with pushing established faction for official status, let's say Ageira Innovations, who was on server for 6 months before applying, and say, new Hellfire group that surfaced week ago.

Admins needs to gather own impressions as well as that of community over decent time frame to properly judge if faction is worthy or not. There are more factors than one could think at superficial glance.

And again, if faction wants official status in shorter time so hard for unknown reasons, then perhaps it's also good indication that that three months might be enough to figure out the motivation behind it.

If you have fun playing, you don't even need official status to be honest.
(11-04-2014, 02:58 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2014, 02:30 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]KTA would be official faction now then. *Snickers.*

Good point.
I mean, do we really want such factions to instantly gain officialdom?

sick burn bruh.

I'm of the opinion that the three month period is appropriate as in most cases, officialdom is only a motivation to log and once official status is achieved, activity tapers off and the faction goes dead. The three month period is a better way to test commitment.
Pages: 1 2