Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovering Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oddly, I was told about this after reinstalling Greelancer. I reinstalled because my guild in SWTOR was discussing some of our favorite games and Freelancer is one of the ones mentioned the most. Then someone brought up the Discovery mod. So, here I am.

I have a few questions (mostly pertaining to broken links in the threads, broken image links, and difficulty finding specific rules.)

For instance, I had to ask another player if creating new aliens was allowed. I got the answer no.

If it's an RP server, why isn't RP enforced before Core One (not even sure what Core One is)?

Is building a new shipyard to develop new ship designs icly (and possibly adding them to the game) considered Special Role Play?

I have a bunch of ideas for ancient civilizations, but some of them do require different kinds of aliens. Hence the reason I asked.

And, I haven't found anything about it in the lore (or the wiki) but do some Kusari have arranged marriages? Part of my character's background involves an arranged marriage, corruption by the police, murder and revenge.
Creating new aliens is out of the question. Although I don't think it is against the rules, the stern opposition one may encounter from the community is usually enough to deter anyone from doing that.

I have no idea whatsoever what core one might be. What do you mean by "not enforced"? There are no exception regarding RP. All factions need to follow the Rp guidelines.
Quote:If it's an RP server, why isn't RP enforced before Core One (not even sure what Core One is)?
Core 1 is the first core of a player base. RP is not enforced because people used to put it in places like on jumpholes or at planets. Also it doesn't require much effort to set up, so logically it shouldn't require much effort to bring it down.

Quote:Is building a new shipyard to develop new ship designs icly (and possibly adding them to the game) considered Special Role Play?
Building a shipyard, no, but it might be tricky to set up with game mechanics. Adding new ships however, yes.

Quote:I have a bunch of ideas for ancient civilizations, but some of them do require different kinds of aliens. Hence the reason I asked.
I guess if the 'aliens' are done properly then nobody would mind. There was a faction called Etherium that iirc involved aliens of some description, but I don't know exactly what it was.

Quote:And, I haven't found anything about it in the lore (or the wiki) but do some Kusari have arranged marriages? Part of my character's background involves an arranged marriage, corruption by the police, murder and revenge.
I suppose arranged marriage could be put into any kind of roleplay regardless of house because it could happen anywhere.

Other than that, hello!
Creating new aliens is ok, there are plenty of players who RP races imported from other universes, and also you'll see plenty of Furries. Discovery cannon wise you have nomads and Primus monkey people, but there are other aliens around too.
(11-05-2014, 02:15 PM)Gypsie Skripto Wrote: [ -> ]Creating new aliens is ok, there are plenty of players who RP races imported from other universes, and also you'll see plenty of Furries. Discovery cannon wise you have nomads and Primus monkey people, but there are other aliens around too.
While it is possible to do, it is frowned upon (like my idea of Alternate Sirius or other guy's ISS-something).
Okay. I was going to go with something really bizarre. An arthropod race kind of like the Ilwrath from Star Control. Not from Sirius space, but perhaps a sector next door. Something akin to spiders (Jorogumo is my character's name. It kind of means Spider Bride...kind of.)

As for the shipyard, perhaps a base and we just call it a shipyard? True, I would love to be able to /pimp there, but it isn't a requirement. I'm thinking, young, talented woman with a penchant for ship design.

Anyway, I'm still learning the mechanics here. I should have a page for my character soon.
Quote:I'm thinking, young, talented woman with a penchant for ship design.
You could try to go and revive the Renzu Corp.
Also, if you can 3d model (which is sort of the base requirement if you want to do stuff with ships) you can surely submit your designs to the discovery mod forum.

Quote: I would love to be able to /pimp there
That is not really practical, mostly because everyone can just go and pimpship in conn.
Thanks, Protégé. I do have some modelling experience. And a few friends are getting together who will try to join once various isp issues are resolved.

Also, I have an antagonist now (you know who you are Smile ), so that is being called off. After I hopefully get hired by Kishiro, the story of lost love, vengeance, corruption and assassination begin.