Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction warned - -|GNG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could you please ensure all your pilots are flying with the same ID.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
Didn't know if the rules have been changed so much since... let's say 4.85, or even since '86.

Okay, let's get a bit more serious now. First off, who said that the -|GNG is a faction? Oh, the fake news spread through the Sirius so fast. If you guys, Administrators,Sirians and all the neighbors don't know yet what the GNG prefix stands for, I will say that it's only about "Gangsters".

Well, I have always been against the discrimination,and I have always loved diversity. You should really have an idea about Gangsters, that it doesn't really consist of only one nation or one race people. It's just a gang which consists of criminals. And anyone can be a criminal, even a cop.

And can you please explain me more widely what's the problem if any member of criminal organisation decides to fly with Gangsters?
Players on the server have the not unreasonable expectation that when they meet a ship with a tag it belongs to the same organisation and for the processes of playing the game that ship is conforming to that organisations id.

In the past different ID's have been exploited to get around ZOI's etc.

Factions and groups are treated as synonymous and the pertinent information is http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1746.

As you can see in many places it explicitly says faction or group, in fact "Each faction or group can only use one ID." is reasonably clear and as you can see has been like that since "(This post was last modified: Monday, June 13th, 2011 09:04 PM by Blodo.)".

Hopefully that will explain the current rationale.
Well, I'm not going to concretize who, but in 2011,and even later, There were Factions/Groups,or whatever you call them, which used two different IDs at the same time.

What's more, I will repeat, this is neither a faction, nor a group, or whatever it is. This is just an association of criminals. And you know better than me that in RP there are lots of different nations who are criminals.So tell me the single reason why this association, even call it a group, cannot be consisted of by different nations?

1) Do we have only one criminal nation in the Sirius? -No

2) Do we support the discrimination? -I don't, and hope none of you do.

If you have different answers, please let me know too.

P.S We all know that this place has a lack of criminal groups. I'm trying to bring one, but looks like it's causing only detestation. People cannot get the defeat like man. I've died so many times, but never tried to look for the way out of a situation with spreading the hatred.

P.S.S Actually there is only one guy with different ID, the rest has Pirate ID.

Thanks.
If you have multiple ships using the same tag, all those ships use the same ID, bottom line.
, actually it's the IFF Transponder what gives a player what he/she is.

Jax, can you explain me the fact why "X" and "Y" faction used two different IDs for a long time and nobody said anything about it? (If you need to know whom I'm talking about I can PM you).

P.S There is no point trying to get what I want from here... so yes we'll be using only Pirate ID. But try to answer my questions or explain them at least.
(11-16-2014, 07:12 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote: [ -> ], actually it's the IFF Transponder what gives a player what he/she is.

Jax, can you explain me the fact why "X" and "Y" faction used two different IDs for a long time and nobody said anything about it? (If you need to know whom I'm talking about I can PM you).

P.S There is no point trying to get what I want from here... so yes we'll be using only Pirate ID. But try to answer my questions or explain them at least.

We discovered your use of multiple IDs when handling the numerous rules violations of re-engagers yesterday. You simply got caught by us and we decided to give you a friendly warning.
(11-16-2014, 07:28 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2014, 07:12 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote: [ -> ], actually it's the IFF Transponder what gives a player what he/she is.

We discovered your use of multiple IDs when handling the numerous rules violations of re-engagers yesterday. You simply got caught by us and we decided to give you a friendly warning.

Hmm? Yesterday GNG was using only 2 IDs : Pirates and Rogues. (well Rogue Scylla).

And I'm not asking that. I don't need to be caught, I'm saying one of our member is using Rogue ID (he flies Cruisers only,that's why).
The whole point of restricting tagged groups to one ID, is to prevent them circumventing ID restrictions. Pirate ID doesn't allow cruisers, so no problem, I'll just slap a Rogue ID on my ship and presto, I can fly them now. The restrictions have just been circumvented.

Instead of trying to base your ID around which ship you want to fly, you should base your ship choice on what ID you have selected for your tagged group. If the player really wants to fly cruisers, remove the tag. Otherwise, he needs to change out his ship for one that the Pirate ID allows.
2-3 years ago I was flying a Hessian ID'ed Gunboat in a pirate group,while others were using Pirate ID. Nobody warned me or even told me anything about it. That's why I thought it was no oorp and let one guy use a Rogue Cruiser.

Well, if that's such a big problem, what can I do? Nothing as I said, there is no point arguing with any of you about any matter. You're always true.

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2