Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Topics become "hot topics" quickly...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When the community was smaller, less people were posting and it took some time for a topic to become a "hot topic". It became one because same people were posting again and again.
Nowadays, topics become hot quickly , because there are many people who post. You get the picture.
Shouldn`t the post limit at which a topic becomes hot increase? :rolleyes:
No, I believe once it reaches a certain amount of posts every certain amount of hours it becomes/remains a hot topic. It does help in finding out what people are talking the most about.
... or where the people are posting off-topic or just flamming much and that stuff, as it turns out the whole community (at least us that are posting like near 10 posts/day at least) tend to do that...
a little joke idea: - limit the number of posts a user can make daily to 5, you'll see the flamming stop :lol:

don't listen to me, I'm just crazy :crazy:
And what if they actually want to talk about more important stuff Nightfall. :dry: I know for a fact that me and Virus have more than 10 posts a day that AREN'T flaming...
Dab! :)

I don't think that post was necesary...... :dry:

*shakes head*

:crazy:
Dab,Jun 28 2006, 01:07 AM Wrote:And what if they actually want to talk about more important stuff Nightfall. :dry: I know for a fact that me and Virus have more than 10 posts a day that AREN'T flaming...
[snapback]24901[/snapback]

Half the posts with twice the content would be nice then ...... :lol:

Hoodlum :cool:
Just to make this topic a "hot topic" :lol:

no...

It's okay... keep the limit as it is... The people are used to it and will only have their problems with changes...

The only problem I see is... a topic with 5/6/7 or even more pages... fears a new player...
no matter, what it is about.... most of the newbys ignore it... to hard to get through...

what about limiting the time to post in... and move it to archive then...
Those who want to know the content can search for it... the newbys aren't feared about the number of topics...

:rolleyes:
Chiana

btw... the number of flame-posts is so low... you can ignore them...
Ok, are u guys that bored that your talking in depth about HOT TOPICS.....lol I should get you guys and gals out more...... :crazy:
Sam, i think that happens when you have too much free time at hands, and no girlfriend :P
' Wrote:And what if they actually want to talk about more important stuff Nightfall.:dry:I know for a fact that me and Virus have more than 10 posts a day that AREN'T flaming...

<insert napalm here>

And... And... ANGEL's BACK!

' Wrote:Sam, i think that happens when you have too much free time at hands, and no girlfriend:P
Or boyfriend... In Angel's case. (Most likely...)