Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So hi to you all have been waiting few days for admins to aprove this account meanwhile was playing or better say trying to play. Mod is awsome but RP aspect is ***** as all hell when it comes to pirates factions and some random ppl that have no bloody idea what RP means. Was my own folut few times when I lose all of cargo but mostly was "Yarrr we are pirates DIE!" and they simply start shoting like idiots after 2 seconds, I even saw Freelancer "Pirate" -_- srsly. Those ppl are like cancer and drive normal people away from server. I have no idea why PvP is even enabled when it is RP server. Thats about it thanx on reading
Welcome to Discovery ))
Disco is love.
Disco is life.

If the pirates didn't demand something before they shot you then you can report them.
Please check the rules.

And PvP is part of RP. Smile

Anyway enjoy your stay!
Hi and welcome Smile

Sounds like you had fun, come join the dark side!
Welcome and have fun.

Sadly Disco is a bit rule heavy to try and counteract what you have already met, still variety is the spice of life. Smile
Tnx guys I am well aware of most rules here so I will just try to keep playing by them. But RP isnt my hard point so I will try to keep it simple. There is nothing wrong with rules long as people stick to them. I am just used that red "hated" factions are only one that actualy can attack me and I can attack them but its Freelancers defoult system that you can attack anyone and anything, is there any part of forums for sugestions.
It has to do with the "IFF". It has been discussed here countless times and it will never be changed.

There is no generic unlawful IFF, so independent pirates almost all use the generic Freelancer IFF, which - contrary to popular belief - is NOT a lawful or neutral IFF. They do that simply because no other appropriate IFF is available, so no "foul play" there. But a lot of new players get confused and frustrated, and think the other party is cheating or abusing mechanics. It's been pointed out again and again, but for some reason the general attitude is that new players must adapt and just realize that Freelancer IFF ships aren't necessarily piloted by nice guys - even if their IFF is neutral by default. You'll want to scan the ship and look at the actual ID to find out if you are dealing with a pirate or a freelancer (the latter might also be out to claim a bounty on you, so dont feel too safe Tongue).

The trick is to not trust a Freelancer IFF'd player before he has proven himself to you - he might also be out to claim a bounty on your head. If you want the Freelancer IFF to show up red on your screen, you'll have to go shoot some Zoner depots, which will also make Zoners mad.

Hope this helps.
I see tnx on explanation wasnt even paying attention on his ID but still what that guy done was wrong and he broke rules simply by his one statment and few seconds later attacking without demanding anything, but I dont care rly since its rare thing to happen. Also I found somthing strange with AI IFF I shot down one NPC trasport just out of curiosity will my reputation fall down afterwards and nope nothing happend is it bug or ppl can just shot them down without consequances. I only took one of dozen and ran off maybe its couse of that idk