Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Roleplay Notice Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
so will we be sanctioned for "not RPing" before attacking?
/signed

I just had a chat with a Merc in the BH space in Manchester last night. I saw him say Pirate... Engaging....

I flew and fought adn typed taunting his to talk...fianly I almost BEGGED him to talk or taunt A LITTLE...I disengaged the fight to hit the lanes and explain that I was not having much fun just getting shot at. and I had typed more than HE shot. heh. I love you Del you read my mind!

Oh, and no no name or sanctions were needed for reports we chatted and he said he'd work on it. See what a littel chatting while you fly can do?;)
OK..so now all the powersmugglers can really run away and get away with it cause WE have to rp,while they do not?.........please explain that.
We simply expect there to be slightly more justification than if it's red it's dead, which seems to be a common method for determining who get's shot at these days, if you do have the time to make a decent sentence please do. It's so much more rewarding for both sides and makes this game more fun for everyone that plays it.

Gafwmn, this inculdes all those power traders that say nothing to you when you ask them to halt, if all they do is run and say nothing where's the RP in that? This is about getting everyone to RP not just a select few.

Gonna split this off and give it a place for discussion, as folks may want some clarfication.
One issue with the Smuggler Del, when I smuggle I want to draw as little attention to myself as possible, so I try to keep my head down and go. I generally wont talk in system chat unless absolutely necessary, and if that happens you can expect all I say to be lies and misdirection. I find that if I respond to the law, every lawman in the system decides to join the chase. For my RP as a smuggler, getting into conversations with Lawmen is Little too risky for him.
You can run whilst talking, even something like "Not stopping for you copper" is just as good and after all that's what local chat is for. Talking discreetly.
aye good point Gafwmm, though Ive burned ya in game a few times, I agree it needed to be brought up. Many smugglers will simply ignore the Halt or Stop. but thats because they know that as soon as they stop you are going to shoot them. No further questions asked. Not you in particular, but the lawman.

To Smugglers: Have a Cover story READY BEFORE you get stopped as you VERY often do.

To Lawmen: Listen to them and respond accordingly.

To BH forces: Don't get involved if YOU DON'T have CONTRACT! It is NOT YOUR JOB. Also, STOP just interrupting when OTHERS are TRYING to RP. ITS REALLY FRIGGIN ANNOYING. HEH.

To Pirates: Ask for lower amounts. If the bounty on the LN and BHG is only 1 mil per GB OR BOMBER, WHY would you expect MORE for a tax? Come on....be reasonable, you WILL make more money and get more responses.

To Traders: Pay the tax, ESPECIALLY if theres more than one of them. You KNOW you just gonna die for nothing. Talk tro them, make up a reason for them to let you go.

I saw a group of trader/smugglers in the Omegas last night get stopped by a group on Corsairs, and we used their chatter to 'sliide by' as they di, but the trader group was talking a greeat story about being contracted to run the goods they had for certain corsairs in power. I have to say that made my night. Punkmeout and your group, GREAT JOB! late as hell, but I was there, and gone again soon.
Great notice... I'm really sick of this "Engaging" and such. Or none at all, half the time.

And to Liberty lawfuls. Just because a lone pirate is passing though the system doesn't mean you have to swarm him. Give him a chance, do a little RP... y'know.

I have to say, I have longed for an announcement like this. Though it might be countered that true enemies may fight each other without words in RP, I have to say that it is far better when your enemies snap at you or say a snippy comment rather than just saying a dismal "Engaging" or "How much?"

However, how can his kind of thing be proven? Do things like chasing to home bases count as an OoRP engagement or pursuit?

EDIT:

' Wrote:aye good point Gafwmm, though Ive burned ya in game a few times, I agree it needed to be brought up. Many smugglers will simply ignore the Halt or Stop. but thats because they know that as soon as they stop you are going to shoot them. No further questions asked. Not you in particular, but the lawman.

To Smugglers: Have a Cover story READY BEFORE you get stopped as you VERY often do.

To Lawmen: Listen to them and respond accordingly.

To BH forces: Don't get involved if YOU DON'T have CONTRACT! It is NOT YOUR JOB. Also, STOP just interrupting when OTHERS are TRYING to RP. ITS REALLY FRIGGIN ANNOYING. HEH.

To Pirates: Ask for lower amounts. If the bounty on the LN and BHG is only 1 mil per GB OR BOMBER, WHY would you expect MORE for a tax? Come on....be reasonable, you WILL make more money and get more responses.

To Traders: Pay the tax, ESPECIALLY if theres more than one of them. You KNOW you just gonna die for nothing. Talk tro them, make up a reason for them to let you go.

This is not a place to attempt to dictate other people's RP. If you want to do that, talk to them elsewhere, but SOMEONE ELSE'S RP IS NOT YOURS TO DICTATE. At least not here...
Then whats the point if there is no , for lack of a better term,punishment for the non-rp player?

If the powersmuggler's ship is not affected by the best cd's,and he makes personal insults inlocal/system/private chat,and taunts the local law enforcement "cause there is nothing you can do",then what?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5