Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Member Not Banned: Lumik8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lumik8 has been banned for:

Quote:Server Rule 1.7 Metagaming* and/or powergaming** to gain a roleplay benefit for factions, groups or individuals

Consequences: Your post here contained falsified information in order to get a POB destroyed. You created a ship that had almost the exact name of a known player, and staged an attack with that ship, using that 'evidence' as a basis for the GRN and GRP to attack that base. You also stated in your post that the alleged player shot you without notice, thus defaming his character. This is powergaming in order to gain a roleplay advantage. You are banned for one week and your group, The Shadow, is forbidden to launch any attacks on POB's until further notice.

Admin Link

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
I would like to see evidence please, because I strictly refuse what is stated here and actually feel defamed now. In both cases, it was my ships which were attacked and both attacking ships were not my characters. I also never created ships with such names nor used them. Both attacks were real, not staged. And for the last, if the ship which attacked me was created by someone else than player which usually use this name, then somebody is playing the dirty game here, but it´s really not me.

Respectfully

Lumik8
Before we answer that, could you please let us know who else may play from you location and who else may access your accounts and who else may access your computer.
(11-22-2014, 07:50 PM)Tunicle Wrote: [ -> ]Before we answer that, could you please let us know who else may play from you location and who else may access your accounts and who else may access your computer.

There is one another person who have access to my computer and my accounts, same as my internet connection (wi-fi). However this person was not using it in time when mentioned attack happened. I can safely say this for at least my computer, as I was the one who was playing on it at that time, and almost sure for all my accounts, because as far as I know this person has access to them only via this computer. This person was also not playing from my wi-fi at that moment because she would be sitting next to me with laptop in that case.

I can´t say if somebody is playing from the same location, because I don´t know if you mean something more than my flat with my router. I don´t have my own solid IP (at least I think) and it already happened to me that I could not vote on some web page for reason "you already voted" despite I didn´t, what suggest that there might be problem that the internet provider has one output IP for all people without solid IP. However I´m not expert in this stuff.

I´m willing to talk to any admin via Skype about whole issue to clear everything, if you want. I have nothing to hide. Just PM me if you are willing to.
Evidence digged from log about activity of impostor which was online in same time as I was and even my short conversation I had with him in same day when I was destroyed (but didn´t remember about it in time I found out sanction) sent through player requests.
Upon further investigation, we have discovered that Lumik8 is not guilty of the violations he was charged with. Someone else copied the name of another player's ship, adding a dot at the end and attacked Francois.Chirac, Lumik8's ship.

Why he did that, I have no idea. Based on server chat logs, I'm leaning toward incompetence, but have not ruled out something more insidious. The Admins will try and determine what punishment this player will receive.

As it stands, Lumik8 is exonerated and the Staff wishes to apologize for whatever harm may have come to his person as a result of this. We appreciate the calm and mild response to the charges levied against you. It speaks well to your character. You have been unbanned and your group, The Shadow may proceed with their attacks on POB's as mentioned in the attack declaration thread.

Respectfully,

The Staff