Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(05-22-2015, 01:15 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Only if the Nomads and The Order allow us to get away with that Yuri, which as I can imagine they certainly won't Confused

Oh I don't know. Say wouldn't it be nice getting grubby hands on something dangerous and being corrupt greedy pricks they are the Core makes it worse for just about everyone but mostly for themselves, of course. Not in the kind of moralizing story type though. Granted then the Core might end up being hated just by everyone. Glorious bastards fin. Or may be things start to get so worse they'd have to fight alongside those they antagonized.
(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]What you're doing is overplaying your position.

Now, I won't even comment on the whole Order mess because that is a completely absurd situation all on its own.

But you seem to have the attitude that Zoners have to be careful not to antagonize Core, but not the other way around.
Let me tell you something about Zoners and their supplies. They have Freeports within one jump from both Malta and Crete that occasionally harbor Bounty Hunters and other enemies of the Outcasts and Corsairs respectively.
Yet they are still tolerated by both, evidently due to the importance of the supply routes to and from Freeports 5 and 10. And these are groups that have entire planets of potential resources, are thousands of times larger and more powerful than the Core, and at least equally ruthless.
They both have black market connections and therefor potential suppliers across Sirius.

So I really don't see why you think the Core is in a position to antagonize Zoners.
You claim to be the top dogs in Delta, a highly fanciful claim.
The Order has a much more established presence and an actual long term planetary colony.
The Corsairs, while that particular sector is not their primary area of influence, have overall far, far greater numbers and resources.
The K'Hara have their home in the far Omicrons and have not completely overrun them solely because humans generally band together when they show up.

You are playing the Core like something they are not - an empire or mini-house. They are a company, a well-funded military company but a company nonetheless. It seems you're going off ingame presence more than actual lore - of course you'll feel like Lord of the Omicrons when you have a good sized group of Core floating around. But for a company it would be a terrible business plan to needlessly antagonize reliable business partners in a region in which there are very few, and very powerful hostile groups.

You mention the TAZ - a tiny fringe group based on the opposite side of the sector.
And dubious "other sources" - like what? The only groups that operate in the area regularly are the Order, Corsairs and obviously Zoners. Even if you do get the occasional transport from outside sources, it'll be much riskier and pricier, Zoners are the obvious source in these regions because they're largely left alone.

Finally, Zoners are not a generic faction, merely a structureless, heterogeneous one. That does not mean they can be shot with impunity.

tl;dr: Get off your high, warlike horse

^this.

Plus: Go on and antagonise the few people that are not enemies in the Omicrons.
Admins and Devs have started applying roleplay consequences.
I can imagine that especially those who overplay their hand could be in for a nasty surprise.

I am with Karst here that you are out of sync to some extent.
Saltlord much?

Real talk now because I'm not serious at all in skype chats. You're missing the feedback. Just because you answer the questions doesn't change the fact it's out of sync with what makes sense in Disco lore. Your lore seems to not make sense in our semi-realistic world of a spaceboat game. Maybe look into that, seeing as so many people have a problem with it. Or you can continue calling people retarded for giving feedback.
(05-22-2015, 02:45 PM)le toucan Wrote: [ -> ]now just a collection of 'zany memelords' who spend most of their time AFKing in delta

Which reminds me, I've seen sapphire sitting in delta for hours, doing nothing. Care to explain this? Or just farming hours? (taking a plain guess here)

Anyway back on the point.

I've always asked myself where does Core get their resources from, with all the threats that the edge worlds have that far away from the civilized world, you only have zoners, and you have decided to "peacekeep" them, while still antagonizing some of them and showing clear disrespect with regard to their freeports. Like someone here already said - you're either in good relations with someone, or not. There's no middle.

Edit:

Also another matter has had my mind struggling on - core does a lot of nomad research, not? And also that cloning research, I find those very interesting.
But as of now, it seems like powergaming to me (sorry but that's how I see it) since I haven't seen a single bit of inRP consequence that back fired on you thanks to research. Hell The Order have the finest and best prepared scientists that did nomad research, but even they were not immune to the price of doing nomad research, and that's what sickens me, seeing you play with nomad research as if its a doll. So care to shed some light here please?
(05-22-2015, 02:56 PM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2015, 02:45 PM)le toucan Wrote: [ -> ]now just a collection of 'zany memelords' who spend most of their time AFKing in delta

Which reminds me, I've seen sapphire sitting in delta for hours, doing nothing. Care to explain this? Or just farming hours? (taking a plain guess here)
With the way Omicron activity works, we're waiting for people to log on to raid. We're basically broadcasting a message to everyone in the Edge Worlds along the lines of "HELLO, WE ARE WAITING COME PEW PEW WITH US". It gets boring having to raid other systems sometimes too, y'know? It'd be nice for factions to come to Delta once in a while Smile
Though it does seriously suck that Order are red to Zoners because I can imagine that as active as we are we'd see Order pouring out from the Freeport wanting to pew with us.

(05-22-2015, 02:56 PM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]I've always asked myself where does Core get their resources from, with all the threats that the edge worlds have that far away from the civilized world, you only have zoners, and you have decided to "peacekeep" them, while still antagonizing some of them and showing clear disrespect with regard to their freeports. Like someone here already said - you're either in good relations with someone, or not. There's no middle.
House corps, Zoners, our own transports.

(05-22-2015, 02:56 PM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]Also another matter has had my mind struggling on - core does a lot of nomad research, not? And also that cloning research, I find those very interesting.
But as of now, it seems like powergaming to me (sorry but that's how I see it) since I haven't seen a single bit of inRP consequence that back fired on you thanks to research. Hell The Order have the finest and best prepared scientists that did nomad research, but even they were not immune to the price of doing nomad research, and that's what sickens me, seeing you play with nomad research as if its a doll. So care to shed some light here please?
Yeah, since I've been busy I really haven't had the time to expand upon this sort of thing. Not just in research, but across the board I wanted to highlight inconsistencies and flaws with what The Core/APM do. When exams hit I got a lot busier and I still sort of am so I haven't had time to sit and write something decent. I did debate asking mods to shove some of the relevant threads into the archive and taking them out once they were complete, but I imagine I'd get people QQing that I'm changing lore or something stupid like that.

Apologies for not showing both the positives and negatives. In regards to Justiciar I mainly wanted to push it out ASAP so we could have our house wing. Sitting down with it, it still requires a bit of work to fine tune it. Don't worry, in due time things will certainly be brought back down to earth.
Sorry, which House corps? Bowex did some runs out to Delta for you guys in the past, but that was for one very specific contract and definitely couldn't be considered a stable supply line. I know Planetform has been messing around out there, but see above. There are currently no House corporations that could consistently get supplies out to Delta regularly enough to be satisfying for mod lore. If you want to count actual plausible supply lines, it's yourself and the Zoners. Given my arguments that I'll expand on below, I think you're a lot more reliant on the Zoners than you'd like to admit.

The only corporation the Core actually has the backing of is APM, which certainly couldn't be considered a 'mega'corporation, especially seeing as its currently 90% player written. As of right now, there is absolutely nothing written anywhere in the game infocards to suggest APM actually has any hauling capacity whatsoever. The only references to APM are in ship and gun infocards describing them as manufacturers. Using APM as a crutch to explain away all of your problems is frankly disingenuous when you've written all of the details about them yourself.

I asked this in another thread as well, and don't think I got a reply. There's either a retcon or an inconsistency happening here - the Core are no longer affiliated with the BHG, because the BHG dropped them for being a money pit. At that time, the Core was funded by the BHG, bounty contracts and (allegedly) APM. Since then, the BHG has ceased providing funding. So how are the Core maintaining and even stepping up their operations, despite having a massively reduced net budget?

People who are questioning your lore aren't 'retards' who haven't read what you said. They're simply strongly disagreeing with what looks like godmodding.
(05-22-2015, 04:39 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, which House corps? Bowex did some runs out to Delta for you guys in the past, but that was for one very specific contract and definitely couldn't be considered a stable supply line. I know Planetform has been messing around out there, but see above. There are currently no House corporations that could consistently get supplies out to Delta regularly enough to be satisfying for mod lore. If you want to count actual plausible supply lines, it's yourself and the Zoners. Given my arguments that I'll expand on below, I think you're a lot more reliant on the Zoners than you'd like to admit.

The only corporation the Core actually has the backing of is APM, which certainly couldn't be considered a 'mega'corporation, especially seeing as its currently 90% player written. As of right now, there is absolutely nothing written anywhere in the game infocards to suggest APM actually has any hauling capacity whatsoever. The only references to APM are in ship and gun infocards describing them as manufacturers. Using APM as a crutch to explain away all of your problems is frankly disingenuous when you've written all of the details about them yourself.
I have been planning to expand things a lot more in regards to corporate dealings with The Core in the Omicrons. Sadly I've been more busy than I'd like to be in regards to doing stuff like that. Watch this space though, there will be more corporate contracts and the like to come.
...At least I wish it was that easy. It's really bloody annoying that almost every bloody faction restarts red to The Core. It's so stupid, we don't even have a rephack with most of those factions. I've asked if restarts can be adjusted, however it's apparently a lot of work. My only hope is that hopefully a very gracious bribe is placed on Freeport 11 in the future that fully fixes the reputation issues. It's annoying as there's decent sell points for traders to interact with, it's just a crap situation that they unfairly restart as hostile. This is apparently because BHG Core used to be the BHG Guard though I'm pretty sure these restarts were made when this was no longer the case.

I haven't written all the details of APM myself. Probably about 10% or so. I do hope to solidify the in game presence with them a bit more though now, so you should start seeing more logistical transports.

(05-22-2015, 04:39 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]I asked this in another thread as well, and don't think I got a reply. There's either a retcon or an inconsistency happening here - the Core are no longer affiliated with the BHG, because the BHG dropped them for being a money pit. At that time, the Core was funded by the BHG, bounty contracts and (allegedly) APM. Since then, the BHG has ceased providing funding. So how are the Core maintaining and even stepping up their operations, despite having a massively reduced net budget?
I responded here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1668838

(05-22-2015, 04:39 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]People who are questioning your lore aren't 'retards' who haven't read what you said. They're simply strongly disagreeing with what looks like godmodding.
If they can't be bothered enough to read into things my opinion regarding the validity of their feedback instantly drops. I don't like wasting my time answering feedback that lacks substance or thought.

However, although most of the feedback in the past few hours was mostly rubbish, I did somewhat reflect upon 'possible' issues. I'm not necessarily agreeing that there's issues with my faction lore, however I can see that people think Core comes across as 'invincible' to say the least. No worries about that, roleplay wise I'm planning to highlight some inconsistencies when I get to time to sit down and write something decent about them. In regards to actions that have more weight, in game The Core are losing a station to The Order we're not that invincible.
the rep problem can be taken care of with a serverside rephack.
(05-22-2015, 05:20 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]the rep problem can be taken care of with a serverside rephack.
please, whatever it takes, add like a +0.1 rephack to all IDs that don't already have a hostile rephack to The Core, i'm begging you ;-;

Really sucks how there's those pretty sweet sell points for stuff in Rho but people can't easily make use of them Q.Q
It's an admin matter, not dev. I'm sure you can work something out with them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27