Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(05-22-2015, 01:10 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The Core have very good relations with three houses, are neutral with one, and have the backing of a mega-corporation. .

(05-22-2015, 04:39 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, which House corps? Bowex did some runs out to Delta for you guys in the past, but that was for one very specific contract and definitely couldn't be considered a stable supply line. I know Planetform has been messing around out there, but see above. There are currently no House corporations that could consistently get supplies out to Delta regularly enough to be satisfying for mod lore.

(05-22-2015, 05:09 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I have been planning to expand things a lot more in regards to corporate dealings with The Core in the Omicrons. Sadly I've been more busy than I'd like to be in regards to doing stuff like that. Watch this space though, there will be more corporate contracts and the like to come.

Hmm confusing. You say Core has financial backing, deals with "mega-corporations" etc etc etc, you then are asked to give details on that and hand out examples and you reply by saying that you didn't/don't have time to expand Core deals with corporations. How does that work?

You are basing your statements on something that doesn't exist basically.

I'll give you my gist on the "story" you've created for The Core. Now i haven't met a lot of Core players ingame, so i'll focus more on Core lore.
As I understand it, you took over BHG Core and changed it's lore in such a way that the only link to them and the BHG left was APM. Now you also RP this company ( a modest company imo ).

So what does it really mean? .Well the Core was morphed into something different then BHG Core (lore wise), yet you kept all the good stuff.
People would wonder well how can that be? One word: APM. You used APM, again a company which you are behind and handle its RP, to gain the present place The Core has, and frankly to justify its current lore.
So now any questions you get , be it about financial difficulties, manpower, etc you point at APM as if this company could ever rival any corporation. Then if you are asked about APM and where it gets it's "profit boom" you then point at backing by mega-corporations,? ( which don't really exist, not in the manner you are suggesting anyway), deals with houses ( which btw i haven't seen any that could justify financially APM incomes), iridium fields (seriously Iridium? by that means of thinking IMG/DHC/Kruger etc should be master race with all their mining operations) and "alien materials and technology" business.( again haven't seen anything that could count as justification for APM's profits).
Then after all this, if anyone questions your statements even further (corp backing, houses deals etc etc etc) you reply with , well it's a megalomaniac RP, just because we say we are big and tough doesn't mean we actually are ..so on and so forth.

So my question to you is this:
Which one is it?
Is The Core a tough, mercenary company, that wields power in the Omicrons and can go head to head with any other factions present there?

OR

Is The Core just a small group of mercs that are driven by greed and have a grandeur complex, that try to act tough and loud because that is the only way they can get a word in?

I would also appreciate a more relevant answer than, you haven't read what i wrote , you haven't read the lore, you are a pineapple master thank you - A !
If I'm not gonna get one, don't bother writing anything.
(05-22-2015, 02:56 PM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2015, 02:45 PM)le toucan Wrote: [ -> ]now just a collection of 'zany memelords' who spend most of their time AFKing in delta

Which reminds me, I've seen sapphire sitting in delta for hours, doing nothing. Care to explain this? Or just farming hours? (taking a plain guess here)
Lolokay. How about you ACTUALLY goto Omicron Delta instead of making assumptions? I try to RP with all the people I encounter. I TRY to get people to log, and whenever we seem to raid, no one else logs. If nothing else, I'll do missions. No one comes to Delta, what am I supposed to do about it? When is it considered 'idling' ? How is it my fault that no one comes around?

Honestly. What are we supposed to do? No matter what we do - people seem to bicker and cry.

Also I want proof of this so called "AFKing" - If we were actually afk - why not just come over and kill us?

Sorry if I sound edgy, I'm tired and had a long day today.

Not gonna bother to reply anymore after this by the way.
A point about Iridium: Iridium also existed when the BHG was financing the Core, so presumably any exports the Core/APM were running for the Zoners would count as an ongoing revenue stream that would have been factored into the budget. My point is, no new revenue streams have been introduced to replace the shortfall. You're the same Core, but missing a massive chunk of your revenue, and your response hasn't really adequately addressed that.

APM selling ships, sure, but bare in mind that the Core is APM's biggest customer due to the purchasing of capital ships. One Mako is worth dozens, if not hundreds of gun or snub sales. You can't fund yourself with the money you're paying to yourself. Beyond that, the next biggest customer is the BHG, who presumably would be buying snubs and guns. Snubs and guns don't really fund an entire paramilitary / empire (based on your faction writeup).

And Lyth, even if you do contact House corps in-game, that still wouldn't be enough to be considered a 'stable' supply line for actual lore purposes. The Omicrons are way too far out of most corps' standard operations areas and far too dangerous for it to be worthwhile for them. At the end of the day, the Core's only real option for consistent supplies is the Zoners, a fact you seem to be attempting to circumvent by any means necessary in order to allow the Core to strongarm them without any consequences.

As for AFK accusations, honestly, for the people throwing that around it's a case of put up or shut up. Logging in to RP with one another, do missions, farm Nomads or simply generate activity in order to stimulate the region is absolutely fine. If they are actually just logging ships and leaving them in space that's ridiculously easy to prove. If you can't prove it, then it's slander for its own sake. Something to mull over.
I wasn't sure of how exactly Core's being funded/supplied, and when I asked Lyth, he sent me this. But with Jammi's point, I guess those were just contracts on case by case basis, and do not relate to long term supply or something.

Having said that, the only group left (unless im missing something) is the zoner, which takes me back to my previous point - If you'd have zoners supply you this does imply that you should be in good relations with them. But having certain zoners engaged and disrespecting zoner's authority over their own freeport would mean otherwise? You're either having good or bad relations with them, you can't be in the middle.

Considering the points people made by now, it looks like you really do not like to admit that you're mostly dependent on zoners by claiming you're backed up by house corporations, which apparently is not true, since there's little to no inRP evidence of that.
That said, I still can't see where do you get your resources from.
I've got just one thing to ask from the arguing parties: Why can't I be mad at one Zoner while best buddies with an other?

I mean, this arguement sounds like I couldn't shoot one freelancer and hire an other, either I'm having good or bad relations with them, I can't be in the middle. Because while in small local group Zoners indeed cooperate and behave like a non-generic faction, that doesn't really extend further than the community of a freeport or a system.

There has been FP9 and FP10 mentioned, one neighboring Corsairs, the other neighboring Outcasts, and like how it's going for Zoners, both needs to be on good terms with their surroundings as part of their survival. Why can't I, a Maltese Cardi-sniffer, be mad at a Zoner from FP9 for feeding my enemies, the Corsairs while befriending those on FP10 for assisting us with acquiring slaves for our plantations on Malta?

Can't we just finally treat Zoners as what they actually are? A semi-generic/generic faction with members who's cohesion doesn't extend further than their immediate suroundings and their cooperation doesn't extend much further than to ensure their own survival and serve their own needs. Can't we just drop this "let's unite Zonurs" and "Zonurs is faction" stupidity? It's not a faction, it's a lifestyle, they even didn't choose the term "Zoner" to describe themselves.

So, why can't I?
Thread cleaned of unnecessary or unfitting comments and posts. Depending on how out of topic your replies were you will find various fancy little punishments to call your own now.
Keep this in mind if you want to post in a feedback thread.
(05-22-2015, 08:12 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
I've got just one thing to ask from the arguing parties: Why can't I be mad at one Zoner while best buddies with an other?

I mean, this arguement sounds like I couldn't shoot one freelancer and hire an other, either I'm having good or bad relations with them, I can't be in the middle. Because while in small local group Zoners indeed cooperate and behave like a non-generic faction, that doesn't really extend further than the community of a freeport or a system.

There has been FP9 and FP10 mentioned, one neighboring Corsairs, the other neighboring Outcasts, and like how it's going for Zoners, both needs to be on good terms with their surroundings as part of their survival. Why can't I, a Maltese Cardi-sniffer, be mad at a Zoner from FP9 for feeding my enemies, the Corsairs while befriending those on FP10 for assisting us with acquiring slaves for our plantations on Malta?

Can't we just finally treat Zoners as what they actually are? A semi-generic/generic faction with members who's cohesion doesn't extend further than their immediate suroundings and their cooperation doesn't extend much further than to ensure their own survival and serve their own needs. Can't we just drop this "let's unite Zonurs" and "Zonurs is faction" stupidity? It's not a faction, it's a lifestyle, they even didn't choose the term "Zoner" to describe themselves.

So, why can't I?

And this is why Zoner official factions do not represent zoners as a whole.
After looking at the feedback there are actually some things I do need to look at. Do bear with me in the fact that inconsistencies in the lore weren't pointed out at a much earlier date, such as the faction’s inception. So I'm going to do some small background lore tweaks, but of course that isn't going to change the face of the faction.

Watch this space for various roleplay threads and stuff to spring up over the next week. I might flesh out the lore to make it friendlier if people really don't want to read that much in depth. I think I might also have to make more infocards. Yay.

In regards to what The Core are, as Gondoros says, we're a tough PMC that has strong influence in Omicron Delta and of course Omicron Rho. Within those two systems we are the most powerful. In other Omicrons though, our strength as you can imagine weakens the further we are from home. Of course that doesn't mean we're going to show weakness. The Core doesn't like weakness.

Thyr can just do whatever he likes idc I'm off to roleplay.
I said to myself I'd stay out of feedback threads but I couldn't resist this one.

I would go straight to the Core leader and say this, but I'd rather say it here so it's public as not a lot of this type of feedback happens in these threads. Usually these threads are all doom and gloom and "herp derp ur bad" sorta posts.

A lot of people see Core| as a massive PvP faction that are only out for blues. Most nomads feel somewhat targeted by the Core| for easy kills and what not.

However, I've had a lot of fun with Core| recently as I try to restart my nomad gameplay. Of course, pews were inevitable in most cases but never the less, they were fun. In my recent encounters with you (Watching cloaked or involved in the said RP) I have noticed that your RP levels are quite high and it's something this faction should be pleased about. Yeah, every faction has their downfalls but the Core| are picking themselves up.

I've just litterally finished an encounter with them and it had to be one of the best nomad encounters I've had with them and no one was killed! A large kudos goes out to

Core|WV-Eidolon.Wraith
Core|WV-Ark.Hammer

I'm glad you guys are around, giving us something to do in the Omicrons. Keep it up guys.

~K'Hara|Nergal
Did you ever find a fitting solution to the Manta-problem, or is it still Core's intention to steal the ships from BHG?

Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27