Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
What I see is the ZA of the Core. ZA RPd to be immensely powerful. However in ZA-lore they took 20 years to come up to the power they RPd to have (Starting with the destruction of Freeport 7). Of course they were all shamed upon for several reasons, mostly due to the unfeasibility of the scale of their self-proclaimed power.

Now I see a faction, that RPs itself as broke in 821 and owning 42 systems in 823 A.s. Lyth you actively shamed ZA for doing so, but now you RP the Core as the same in green and within one 10th of the time.

Just no.
You are replacing the BHG faction with idea of yours,and then you declare yourself the lord god of the O-systems?

[Image: large.jpg]
Are you sure the Houses of Sirus would still be friendly with you? I mean Rheinland has had their eye on the Omegas for a while I think, and Liberty is interested at least somewhat in the Omicrons... that and you are focusing on taking alien technology.

On that note, what do you plan on doing with the alien tech once you have it if I may ask? Are you going to send it to your own R/D boys and have them develop it into something useful... just sell it straight to other mercenaries and Houses? Hoard it all to yourself? If so, why? Are you guys allowed to collect the alien tech through House laws, I mean, are they going to frown on your guys when they find out you are digging for nomad tech?

Also I guess others have brought it up, but why do you guys care about contraband? I mean I understand artifacts, mostly because you guys would want them, but the other stuff yeah, why do you guys care? Is it a public move to save face due to the nomad research you are doing?

And as for the rest of the laws, after looking through them for a bit, I guess I do not have much of a problem with them, but mostly for the reason that I am not sure you would be able to enforce many of them due to the size of the Core playerbase and activity.

I am glad that the Core is distancing itself more from the BHG from what I can tell here, though they are still oddly intertwined lore wise at times, but at least now they seem like fully separate entities, though few seem to realize this I guess.

I still haven't had a chance to see many of you guys in game since the changes have gone up, but I hope to run into more of you guys so I can see how you are operating in the actual game.
I've read BHG lore and Core lore quite thoroughly. This is going too far. I believe your predecessors, well at least the original ones up to Agmen, kept themselves from interpretting the RP too much in this direction because well...the previous DW faction was the first faction to lose it's official status by admins because they went too far. We came in after and founded a real BHG factions and not long after, somehow, the Core amalgamated with BHG and 'piggy backed' official status. Cute that now the not really all that official Core wishes to distance itself from it's benefactors. I notice in many ways then just one. I can bite that APM would see potential in the Disco addon that is Core and thus change part of it's centuries long policies and begin funding and investing in Core for the tech they can acquire. I don't swallow the much older much bigger much richer and much more entrenched BHG is smaller sub group to what the Core is. It took centuries too btw for houses and some factions to have not only their own space but recognized as sovereign by the houses. 20 Yrs doesn't cut it. In those 20 yrs Core in both lore and as players have met FAR too much resistance. Not only that these claims are in spaces that have been occupied and entrenched for much longer then Core's existance some of which have had ongoing wars since longer then Core's existance. This has become a big troll. Too many holes and I only just woke up and began. This wall will get too big if I start breaking down every system and all the lore with all the factions associated with them. You accuse others of not reading, I toss that accusation back in your direction.
Hi. I would like to read the full background of the Core.
Where is it?
So far I've found these two pages (links hereafter) but it's pretty short. I guess the info is somewhere else.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=116858
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=125128
(02-12-2015, 02:47 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Omicron Alpha
Omicron Beta
Omicron Delta
Omicron Eta
Omicron Gamma
Omicron Iota
Omicron Kappa
Omicron Lambda
Omicron Lost
Omicron Major
Omicron Minor
Omicron Mu
Omicron Rho
Omicron Theta
Omicron Zeta
Omicron-100
Omicron-74
Omicron-80
Omicron-81
Omicron-82
Omicron-85
Omicron-90
Omicron-91
Omicron-92
Omicron-93
Omicron-94
Omicron-96
Omicron-99

I'm just going to take a moment, as someone who's spent a considerable amount of time in the Omicrons (Khara, indie nomads, Zoner) to point out that more (MORE) than half of those systems are empty, or Nomad controlled systems.

You're misreading what the Core is doing. It's their Zone of Influence. In RP, they might be claiming all of the Omicrons, who knows, but you're misunderstanding what a zone of influence is.

But if you're butthurt about their ZoI, you should check out the Outcast ZoI, I hear it's pretty extensive.
I've always been a fan of a ZoI that extends maybe two, three systems away from the nearest faction base, due to the feasibility of supply lines. Many of the systems you have included are four or five jumps away, through intensely hostile territory (Omega-41, Gamma, Alpha, Eta). How do you supply and repair ships that far out? It would be immensely expensive and not particularly useful to fight wars in those regions, as you would be forced to buy resources from Zoner and IMG bases at a considerably higher cost than supplying them yourself. Speaking of which, where is this money coming from, because APM certainly won't have enough money to maintain the fleet you claim to have. Having such an immense zone of influence radiating from only two bases outside of Rho is just unrealistic. Comparing you to ZA is unfair, although even they had a clear logistics map, with lots of stations to pull resources from.
(02-12-2015, 02:47 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Took a look at the laws and I really had to laugh at this huge (!) list of systems that you name that are under Core law now:

Quote:The Omicrons:

Omicron Alpha
Omicron Beta
Omicron Delta
Omicron Eta
Omicron Gamma
Omicron Iota
Omicron Kappa
Omicron Lambda
Omicron Lost
Omicron Major
Omicron Minor
Omicron Mu
Omicron Rho
Omicron Theta
Omicron Zeta
Omicron-100
Omicron-74
Omicron-80
Omicron-81
Omicron-82
Omicron-85
Omicron-90
Omicron-91
Omicron-92
Omicron-93
Omicron-94
Omicron-96
Omicron-99

The Omegas:

Omega-11
Omega-3
Omega-41
Omega-47
Omega-49
Omega-5
Omega-50
Omega-52
Omega-54
Omega-55
Omega-58
Omega-7
Omega-9
Cayman

Seriously, you should reconsider excluding every home system (like Alpha, Gamma, Order home, Hessian home,...), as well as the Omegas bordering Houses which are trade hubs with gates (like O7, O3), and generally cutting your law zone to a realistic size of space where Core actually has a realistic presence.

Furthermore, I do not think that your base-taxation paragraph will hold.

Reason: Admins already stated that there will be a rule restricting Houses from taxing bases in their Zoi if not defined as House Space. You name exactly 42 systems that you consider taxable. Compare that to Houses, and check out the push to even take away the Borderworlds taxation via a rule... then compare the remaining systems to the number of your systems.

I think it might be reasonable to fix it now before you have to fix it anyway later.
I have removed O-3 and O-7 from the list because people have a tendency to overreact and I want to make sure I don't reccive anymore tides of QQ. I'll be keeping those home systems however. Just read the color codes.
At the very bottom of this post I will make a big coloured bit of text that will comment on people's concern about Core having a 'realistic' presence.
If the admins really want to try and impose and enforce on me that, instead of RPing with bases in the Omicrons and Omegas, that I should blow them up, then they can feel free to come into this thread and make a statement saying that they're a-ok with a faction destroying peoples countless hours of work with their bases. I don't see the logic in restricting the RP I can do with bases, and trying to prevent me from exploiting them in legitimate ways for legitimate gain. Having owned two bases I can say it's really not fun dealing with them being blown up or having them under siege due to stupid reasons. Bases are like pieces of artwork that the artist spends hours on to perfect. Then some jerk with a political message comes along and vandalizes the painting - ruining all the work the artist had spent pouring into it.

(02-12-2015, 02:59 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]Forget everything i posted here

Core is bad no explanation needed
no

(02-12-2015, 03:12 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ][color=#ff77cc]Unlike some other people, I don't have an issue with Core deciding to claim legislative powers in the areas they operate in.
What makes no sense to me is the contraband laws.
The way I understand it, the Core is a PMC focused on R&D. You work for profit, not ideology.
It has always been within The Core's (as far back to BHG Core) goals to make an Empire within the Omicrons and Omegas. This is just me making things more concrete, whilst also setting up the Omicrons and Omegas for some more interesting RP.

(02-12-2015, 03:12 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]I see no lore justification whatsoever for outlawing Nox for example, or human organs. What possible RP reason would the Core have to oppose trade of these things?
Due to the routes it takes, it's doubtful they would even have had contact with Nox, and if they did, why would they have a problem with it?
And human organs - the highest sell point is a Core base. They should be encouraging people to bring them human organs for whatever creepy stuff they do with them, not outlaw organ trade.
Unless they have some sort of moral/ideological issue, but again as far as I know the Core has no morals or ideology besides money and power. Would make zero sense in their position anyway.
Cloaking devices and jump drives - why, just why? Seems completely arbitrary.
Those were a bit of an oversight. I corrected them. I have big plans for Contraband in relation to The Core.

(02-12-2015, 03:13 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Furthermore, you name 11 items as contraband.
I would like to ask whether you are planning to try to implement this law in 42 systems.

For comparison: Many faction have 2 items that they define as contraband and a ZoI of around 10 systems (often less).

So you have defined around 5 times more contraband than many IDs and around 4 times the systems to demand it in.

I sense... a slight imbalance in the force.
I have big plans for contraband.

(02-12-2015, 03:19 PM)Major_Mayhem Wrote: [ -> ]What I see is the ZA of the Core. ZA RPd to be immensely powerful. However in ZA-lore they took 20 years to come up to the power they RPd to have (Starting with the destruction of Freeport 7). Of course they were all shamed upon for several reasons, mostly due to the unfeasibility of the scale of their self-proclaimed power.

Now I see a faction, that RPs itself as broke in 821 and owning 42 systems in 823 A.s. Lyth you actively shamed ZA for doing so, but now you RP the Core as the same in green and within one 10th of the time.

Just no.
I'm answering this later down into the post. To say the least before that though, ZA kept saying that they had all their so-called-power and that it was a thing inRP. The Core only says they have this wide range of control, but they don't necessarily represent that inRP.

(02-12-2015, 03:22 PM)baivan Wrote: [ -> ]You are replacing the BHG faction with idea of yours,and then you declare yourself the lord god of the O-systems?

[Image: large.jpg]
I never replaced the BHG. And yes, I have declared myself lord god of the O-systems. Do the factions that share that place have to adhere to that? No.

(02-12-2015, 04:27 PM)kikatsu Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure the Houses of Sirus would still be friendly with you? I mean Rheinland has had their eye on the Omegas for a while I think, and Liberty is interested at least somewhat in the Omicrons... that and you are focusing on taking alien technology.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens in regards to that I guess. Core does supply said technology to other factions though, much to the rage of The Order.

(02-12-2015, 04:27 PM)kikatsu Wrote: [ -> ]On that note, what do you plan on doing with the alien tech once you have it if I may ask? Are you going to send it to your own R/D boys and have them develop it into something useful... just sell it straight to other mercenaries and Houses? Hoard it all to yourself? If so, why? Are you guys allowed to collect the alien tech through House laws, I mean, are they going to frown on your guys when they find out you are digging for nomad tech?
InRP we take it and try to turn it into something better than what's out in the market currently. It's like a secret ingredient to soup. As long as the correct procedures are taken, houses dodn't mind us doing things with alien tech. We don't mind them with alien tech either.

(02-12-2015, 04:27 PM)kikatsu Wrote: [ -> ]Also I guess others have brought it up, but why do you guys care about contraband? I mean I understand artifacts, mostly because you guys would want them, but the other stuff yeah, why do you guys care? Is it a public move to save face due to the nomad research you are doing?
I have big plans.

(02-12-2015, 04:27 PM)kikatsu Wrote: [ -> ]And as for the rest of the laws, after looking through them for a bit, I guess I do not have much of a problem with them, but mostly for the reason that I am not sure you would be able to enforce many of them due to the size of the Core playerbase and activity.
I'll explain this later on.

(02-12-2015, 04:27 PM)kikatsu Wrote: [ -> ]I am glad that the Core is distancing itself more from the BHG from what I can tell here, though they are still oddly intertwined lore wise at times, but at least now they seem like fully separate entities, though few seem to realize this I guess.

I still haven't had a chance to see many of you guys in game since the changes have gone up, but I hope to run into more of you guys so I can see how you are operating in the actual game.
I look forward to encounters.

(02-12-2015, 06:34 PM)ProwlerPC Wrote: [ -> ]I've read BHG lore and Core lore quite thoroughly. This is going too far. I believe your predecessors, well at least the original ones up to Agmen, kept themselves from interpretting the RP too much in this direction because well...the previous DW faction was the first faction to lose it's official status by admins because they went too far. We came in after and founded a real BHG factions and not long after, somehow, the Core amalgamated with BHG and 'piggy backed' official status. Cute that now the not really all that official Core wishes to distance itself from it's benefactors. I notice in many ways then just one. I can bite that APM would see potential in the Disco addon that is Core and thus change part of it's centuries long policies and begin funding and investing in Core for the tech they can acquire. I don't swallow the much older much bigger much richer and much more entrenched BHG is smaller sub group to what the Core is. It took centuries too btw for houses and some factions to have not only their own space but recognized as sovereign by the houses. 20 Yrs doesn't cut it. In those 20 yrs Core in both lore and as players have met FAR too much resistance. Not only that these claims are in spaces that have been occupied and entrenched for much longer then Core's existance some of which have had ongoing wars since longer then Core's existance. This has become a big troll. Too many holes and I only just woke up and began. This wall will get too big if I start breaking down every system and all the lore with all the factions associated with them. You accuse others of not reading, I toss that accusation back in your direction.
Gonna explain this later down this post.

(02-12-2015, 06:34 PM)moebus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I would like to read the full background of the Core.
Where is it?
So far I've found these two pages (links hereafter) but it's pretty short. I guess the info is somewhere else.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=116858
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=125128
That's all there is. If you look at the information thread you can read the BHG Core lore also.

(02-12-2015, 06:58 PM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2015, 02:47 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Omicron Alpha
Omicron Beta
Omicron Delta
Omicron Eta
Omicron Gamma
Omicron Iota
Omicron Kappa
Omicron Lambda
Omicron Lost
Omicron Major
Omicron Minor
Omicron Mu
Omicron Rho
Omicron Theta
Omicron Zeta
Omicron-100
Omicron-74
Omicron-80
Omicron-81
Omicron-82
Omicron-85
Omicron-90
Omicron-91
Omicron-92
Omicron-93
Omicron-94
Omicron-96
Omicron-99

I'm just going to take a moment, as someone who's spent a considerable amount of time in the Omicrons (Khara, indie nomads, Zoner) to point out that more (MORE) than half of those systems are empty, or Nomad controlled systems.

You're misreading what the Core is doing. It's their Zone of Influence. In RP, they might be claiming all of the Omicrons, who knows, but you're misunderstanding what a zone of influence is.

But if you're butthurt about their ZoI, you should check out the Outcast ZoI, I hear it's pretty extensive.

THIS

PEOPLE, these systems have not suddenly found themselves with 9999999999 million Core NPCs and Core bases overnight. Just because we say we own these systems or whatever doesn't mean we actually do. We have influence in there, enough to try to enforce our laws. Since the list spans across so many systems however, by no means can we actually enforce our law consistently throughout all these systems consistently. It's megalomaniac RP. Saronsen pretty much summed it up really.

Laws update:
Omega-3 and Omega-7 removed from systems list.
Human Organs are currently crossed out and their status is pending, Nox has been removed for now. I have A LOT of RP planned for contraband commodities however I need Xoria to respond to my PMs first q.q.
I have removed cloaks and jump drives from the list of dis-allowed technologies.
MUCH DRAMA
SO QQ
VERY TEARS
Mmm... delicious tears. i was going to actually say something substantial, but it might have ended up fueling more QQ so ill leave it at this:
i dont think Core are the first to do large scale megalomaniacal RP like this *cough**cough* so why are people getting butthurt now?
Quote:THIS

PEOPLE, these systems have not suddenly found themselves with 9999999999 million Core NPCs and Core bases overnight. Just because we say we own these systems or whatever doesn't mean we actually do. We have influence in there, enough to try to enforce our laws. Since the list spans across so many systems however, by no means can we actually enforce our law consistently throughout all these systems consistently. It's megalomaniac RP. Saronsen pretty much summed it up really.

I kinda get where you are coming from but at the same time I just want to point out it will have to be handled well ingame. If Core starts getting some more active members it would be easy to start magically acting like you have this huge force when the RP you are trying to do would honestly end up with the Core losing money power or at the very least end with your force being spread incredibly thin. I guess I just wouldn't want to see Core constantly logging with huge cap fleets everywhere in their territory every time they log on in a group.

Also, I am not saying this will happen I am just saying it is a possibility that I personally don't want to see happen. Lastly, yes I am in OSI who is being affected but I don't have much to do with Nichols other than supplying builds nor am I in a HC position so this isn't really about me QQing over people taxing Nichols.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27