Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Oh yes, ok, I honestly think the core is well, an interesting faction to say the least, RPed with many core ships, you're heading in the right direction lyth, just letting you know (A bit of constructive feedback!)
Thanks for the feedback! I'll do my best to keep it in that direction Wink
Kudos to Amanda for being a good sportsman. Staying in the fight and duking it out to the end (when you could have just cruised away at any time) was a positive surprise. Earned my respect!

To the Core| cap/gb: you suck and should feel ashamed.

The ID change that allows Core to bring its cap ganks against solo snubs to an even wider ZoI is a grave mistake imo. Core players just do not know when it's enough, as they have proven in practically every fight. Your cap-gank-snubs-every-day attitude is harmful to gameplay.

~ a Titan in Gamma
(08-15-2015, 06:30 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Kudos to Amanda for being a good sportsman. Staying in the fight and duking it out to the end (when you could have just cruised away at any time) was a positive surprise. Earned my respect!

The ID change that allows Core to bring its cap ganks against solo snubs to an even wider ZoI is a grave mistake imo. Core players just do not know when it's enough, as they have proven in practically every fight. Your cap-gank-snubs-every-day attitude is harmful to gameplay.

~ a Titan in Gamma

Lythrilux was told to behave with the cap extension. He fully knows the line will be gone if he doesn't keep his members in line.
(08-15-2015, 06:30 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Kudos to Amanda for being a good sportsman. Staying in the fight and duking it out to the end (when you could have just cruised away at any time) was a positive surprise. Earned my respect!

~ a Titan in Gamma

Ah, kudos back, i rather enjoyed being focused on by two titans, then dodging the full razor wrath of a legate and a gb. O_O

-Amanda.Henderson

The Cruiser kept out of the fight as the Gunboat had it handled. As implied, the Gunboat kept in the fight. This was because a bomber doesn't stand a chance against a fighter, of course. Considering we had other hostiles in the system that were fast approaching, we decided it'd be best to try and keep it alive. When the other hostiles began to finally approach on the horizon, time became short so the cruiser hopped in to speed things up as the titan had barely any hull. If that was a mistake then I apologise, however you could have always ran off to rendezvous with the Corsair battlegroup that was building in the system.

(08-15-2015, 06:30 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]The ID change that allows Core to bring its cap ganks against solo snubs to an even wider ZoI is a grave mistake imo. Core players just do not know when it's enough, as they have proven in practically every fight. Your cap-gank-snubs-every-day attitude is harmful to gameplay.
You clearly haven't fought us or understood us enough to make a statement like that - your statement is baseless anyway.

We have no intention of taking caps out of our ZoI to mindlessly pile against those unable to fight back on the same scale. It's for the sake of being able to access parts of our roleplay as well as open up other roleplay avenues. Internally I've outlined strict rules on where people can and can't take their caps, and even then they always have to ask me/HC for permission if they want to do so. If someone in my faction ignores that then they'll get punished. If for some reason I take a step back and my faction begins to abuse the line en masse, then the admins can happily strip it from the ID.
The reason why the line existed in the first place was because a long time ago indies would take caps into New York and claim bounties on the Rogues with them. This made a big headache for the official faction at the time, so they requested a line to stop this. As the IDs no longer have bounty hunting lines any more, the cap restrict line was no longer needed. Although the indie ID has a kinder, yet still limited version, so that we won't have to spam FR2s when an indie decides to go to Manchester to take missions in his cap or something. On the subject of roleplay consequences, if we take our caps into house space against the will of the lawful forces, then they can enforce roleplay consequences as they would to any other lawful faction with capitals.
(08-15-2015, 06:35 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]Lythrilux was told to behave with the cap extension. He fully knows the line will be gone if he doesn't keep his members in line.

Gama is always open to Lyth and his friends, no matter of ships they use. Please just don't limit that, ma'am.

We Cretans will say loud and clear if we get spanked too much, as we already did twice and Lyth settled it fair and straight. We are happy to kick each others scruby asses since then.

I advice to all factions ganked by Core to simply talk to Lyth, don't let him give you his standard bullshits and you will see many doors getting open.

Please all consider using Core phenomenon for own fun and activity, instead of limiting it.
(08-15-2015, 07:07 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The Cruiser kept out of the fight as the Gunboat had it handled. As implied, the Gunboat kept in the fight. This was because a bomber doesn't stand a chance against a fighter, of course. Considering we had other hostiles in the system that were fast approaching, we decided it'd be best to try and keep it alive. When the other hostiles began to finally approach on the horizon, time became short so the cruiser hopped in to speed things up as the titan had barely any hull. If that was a mistake then I apologise, however you could have always ran off to rendezvous with the Corsair battlegroup that was building in the system.

Let me clarify: Did you just justify why you - as the faction leader - told a Cruiser to engage a solo, constantly shieldless Titan that was pressed hard by 2 bombers and a Gunboat for about 10 minutes? Really? Did you just try to justify that?

This shows Core's mentality as no statement you made before.

I am surprised you admit freely that you were in the fight and that is was you - a senior Disco faction leader who has been critcised multiple times for bad gank behaviour - who ordered it.

Quote:You clearly haven't fought us or understood us enough to make a statement like that - your statement is baseless anyway.

Oh, cheap, cheap cheap! So the one who voices critizism just lacks the broader background?

I have fought you guys a lot of times, actually so often that I seriously ask myself whether it would not be adequate to activity-starve your silly cap-gankforces until they disappear. I am the one who normally tries to put together a force to fight your raids on Sair side. It's me who tells people to fight and not just go "meh, just Core gank... why bother."

However, you pretty much made it clear in many many fights that you do not give a damn about the enjoyment of the other side, and that you must win - even if it means piling caps on a solo snub right in Gamma at Skiros. What you lack is: respect for the other player.

Why should anybody believe you, that you can control your faction's gankcaps outside of your Omicron-lol-gank territory, when you do not even show an interest in any kind of fairplay now, and if you actually yourself tell your people to capgank the hell out of a snub?

Quote:We have no intention of taking caps out of our ZoI to mindlessly pile against those unable to fight back on the same scale.

I'll be watching. You can ruin the Omicrons with your stupid gank-everything-hard approach all you want - it's the lolicrons and no one cares about them much anways (except for fast, easy pews) - but I am not ready to accept it anywhere in a "not-lulz-Microns" environment.
(08-15-2015, 11:36 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Let me clarify: Did you just justify why you - as the faction leader - told a Cruiser to engage a solo, constantly shieldless Titan that was pressed hard by 2 bombers and a Gunboat for about 10 minutes? Really? Did you just try to justify that?

This shows Core's mentality as no statement you made before.
One of the scariest (at least from what I've seen, he can gloat about this later) battleship razor pilots was on the horizon (backed up by an anti-cap + razor GB) Whilst I'm not sure about the cruiser, he probably could've killed everything else. We had to make a quick and crucial strategic decision. The input of the cruiser was minimum generally, it just sped things up as the ship was about to die. I'm not necessarily justifying it, as I said that if it was a mistake then I am sorry. However the snub could have simply rendezvous with the rest of the corsair battle group. The titan was hardly pressed hard however, as it was almost effortlessly eating away at the bomber.

(08-15-2015, 11:36 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]I am surprised you admit freely that you were in the fight and that is was you - a senior Disco faction leader who has been critcised multiple times for bad gank behaviour - who ordered it.
It was a strategic decision. That's all. My critics who accuse me of the latter are almost always wrong and in the events they are right they usually make such judgements without the proper context (or at least taking that point out of context) (sun).

(08-15-2015, 11:36 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You clearly haven't fought us or understood us enough to make a statement like that - your statement is baseless anyway.

Oh, cheap, cheap cheap! So the one who voices critizism just lacks the broader background?
Well Jack if you can step forward and link me pictures of every pvp engagement we've ever had coupled with us horribly ganking solo snubs, then I'll happily eat my hat for you. If you can't, then you're without a case I'm afraid.

(08-15-2015, 11:36 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]I have fought you guys a lot of times, actually so often that I seriously ask myself whether it would not be adequate to activity-starve your silly cap-gankforces until they disappear. I am the one who normally tries to put together a force to fight your raids on Sair side. It's me who tells people to fight and not just go "meh, just Core gank... why bother."
Clearly you haven't fought us enough then, as your opinion is baseless. Funnily enough Skiros was one of the first times we've 'won' a sair engagement in a long time, as usually hordes of Corsairs tend to crawl out from the woodwork and slam us with overpowering forces. I don't really make a fuss out of that however as I don't really care. Though I do find it funny that you're coming to my feedback thread to accuse me of such.

(08-15-2015, 11:36 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]However, you pretty much made it clear in many many fights that you do not give a damn about the enjoyment of the other side, and that you must win - even if it means piling caps on a solo snub right in Gamma at Skiros. What you lack is: respect for the other player.
Oh no, we do care about the other side. Just simply, I'm not going to serve you blues on a silver platter. Respect does not equal entitlement. As I've stated you could have easily of rurn off and regrouped with the other Sair forces, yet you stayed. Though please refrain from trying to publically exaggerate the encounter, as the only 'bad' ship which engaged had a role in the fight for only about 4 seconds - not the whole engagement.

(08-15-2015, 11:36 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Why should anybody believe you, that you can control your faction's gankcaps outside of your Omicron-lol-gank territory, when you do not even show an interest in any kind of fairplay now, and if you actually yourself tell your people to capgank the hell out of a snub?
Because you're acting like a hypocrite and you're spending the effort to dig dirt out of the ground for the sake of throwing dirt. Arguing with "what if's" and "could be's" is meaningless. Trial Core and I for when the abuse happens, if it happens. Core is a faction that when possible likes to uphold fairplay. Whilst sometimes we are unable to meet that criteria, most of the time we try to. Hell we have accolades in our mission board that revolve around the element of fairplay, to the extent of giving your opponent an advantage if needed.

(08-15-2015, 11:36 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:We have no intention of taking caps out of our ZoI to mindlessly pile against those unable to fight back on the same scale.

I'll be watching. You can ruin the Omicrons with your stupid gank-everything-hard approach all you want - it's the lolicrons and no one cares about them much anways (except for fast, easy pews) - but I am not ready to accept it anywhere in a "not-lulz-Microns" environment.
Undeniably, without us there wouldn't be any active Omicrons right now. You seem to have made a mountain of a molehill in this situation, so I suggest you step back a bit.

Thanks for your support Pepe! I'm glad you understand Big Grin
(08-15-2015, 06:30 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Your cap-gank-snubs-every-day attitude is harmful to gameplay.

I haven't touched the game in a long-ass time, but I sure as Hell am going to comment on that.
Here's my comment on that.

I agree.

Many players on the server turn off their conscience for five seconds and jump in snub fights with caps, but Core| has a feedback thread, and I'm using it. Most individual players don't, and shouting over PM at the player will just make the console frown at you.

I don't know or care about what happened, but I know for a fact that Core| uses caps in snub fights. That's bad and you should feel hella' bad for doing it.

However.

I've fought with and against Core| on multiple occasions and I can say that they don't drop the caps as much as everyone says. I've gotten my fair share of fair fights and roflganks from them.

So basically they're nothing more then another Discovery faction. These days even something like a 1v3 is considered a gankby those 3so who cares anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27