Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
IMG and OCs were able to sort the problems out through non public means. Not to mention that XTF never cared about numbers to begin with.

Allow me to illustrate:

Order bastet goes near the freeport. Core| (Lythrilux) and Primer/some drone fighting. I vaporice the drone in 2 seconds flat and start talking to you. You run into the jumphole that leads to a NPC battleship and wait for 2 people + a zoner to log in. I was having +20%lag and loss, you see the zoner engaging. You just jump into the opportunity. And you didn't know it was me either.

Order bastet logs into Mu. Undocks in scanner. Starts talking to you. Core Inmediatly goes into a shieldrunning 3v1.

Order nephyst logs to defend Mu. You run away in a 3v1 and camp around 2 gunboats. A bullhead (carter) cloaks and a few minutes later uncloaks on stop of me guns blazing, no words. Of course, he failed.

Core| raids gamma. Core| is beaten by a single uau V titan. Reaction in your chat: don't log when this certain guy is online. If you have to log gunboats or higher. Snubs already logged switch or hug caps.

Core| raids Mu. They start pulling back after killing a battleship. Lythrilux gets chased and starts dropping health. Runs into a minefield to not give a blue.

Drones raid Core|. Core fights for a while until the result is obvious. Good behaviour until Lythrilux runs to restock.

Corsairs raid Core| in an event. Core| losses, suicides with mines rather than fighting.

XTF player is dueling Core| during a groupfight. Core| is losing, jumps 4 more people into him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Xdi4T8mgI

I can keep going.
(08-17-2015, 04:22 AM)axisdeus Wrote: [ -> ]
Lythrilux Wrote:The Omicrons would be a lot deader, perhaps completely dead, without Core. We revived a whole sector. Before us there was almost nothing.

You give yourself tooooo much credit. Don't flatter yourself. O'Rhu has been around to see the BHG Core die, stay dead and be revived 2 years later. Meanwhile, we've had interactions with AoI some time ago and K'Hara and Indies and Zoners and ....you know, groups, the almost dead others around the now 'lolicrons' as someone, again trying to be more plastic than needed, said. And we're but an 'unofficial' group.
Maybe I do give myself too much credit, however the Omicrons were certainly deader before Core| arrived. The region needed a spark to perk up the activity of other factions and individuals in the area and the answer to that was Core. Whilst there certainly were some interactions in the Omicrons, there were barely any really. You'd look at the player list and never really see anything on besides one or two Corsairs doing cap missions in Gamma. It's sort of like a ripple effect: the activity of one faction effects other factions which in turn effect the activity of other factions as well.

(08-17-2015, 04:22 AM)axisdeus Wrote: [ -> ]I will not go and discuss the main subject here, because is not my thing. I know for a fact is hard to say to a member of a group to stay out just because 'fairness' . Again, 'fairness' is highly volatile term and very polarized. It wasn't 'fair' when O'Rhu had more members than the freshly resurrected Core and the latter getting outnumbered, and that filled our page with some nasty stuff. Now, mr. Lythrilux sees his faction ever growing and I know how hard it is to say to one or the other do not engage, do not fight, etc. Because of 'fairness'. Well, he is in that situation I was when O'Rhu got flaked by him and his lot on this very subject. The arguments flowd from us as well. Well, to each his own, is time for you, Lyth to see how we felt. Payback is...you know. But, is even better when it does not come from us. We stayed out and will stay out of this.
I do agree, fairness and ganking are very volatile terms. Furthermore people are very likely to complain about pvp dependent whether they win or lose. This is actually something I've seen from both sides, with myself included. It's why I do just find all these pvp complaints so silly. Lots of people in here do exactly as they are describing what we do, the thing is they're salty about the fact that Core could simply do it on a bigger scale - which we don't, what would be the point? It wouldn't be fun, for either side. Personally I'm beyond the point of care if O'Rhu does this or that, at the end of the day it's just a game Smile.

(08-17-2015, 07:37 AM)Sath Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from that, well, bringing caps into snub fights is a wee wee move, and there were arguments within the Core chat when I was in that faction. Not sure why that problem hasn't been addressed yet.
It's not really something we do, however if it happens there is specific context behind it. It is certainly not faction policy however.

(08-17-2015, 04:54 AM)|nfrared Wrote: [ -> ]For , granted, your faction has made alot of activity happen out there, but you can't take the credit for all of it. It doesn't do much for your image making a claim like that.
We were the spark, that is all I will say.

(08-17-2015, 04:54 AM)|nfrared Wrote: [ -> ]The main problem with ALL of these feedback threads is that you only get negative feedback. Here's why - Good feedback for encounters is placed in the KUDOS thread. Which is why you get nothing in these threads for nice stuff, you only get the bad/messy/despicable comments because no one wants to stroke your ego twice. If you balanced those Kudos posts against these horrible threads, it would work out via ratio.
I know entirely that our good feedback winds up on Kudos threads. Honestly all the community only really uses Feedback threads for negative feedback. And even then in many cases it's not that these people actually give a damn if their feedback is meaningful and if the faction can take it into consideration and build something constructive out of it, people just give negative feedback for the sake of giving negative feedback. I know some of these 'regulars' and 'countless others' all too well. They are not here to be constructive or helpful, just to simply watch the faction and to an extent myself burn by whatever means they can find. It's actually quite laughable and does make this thread more enjoyable than it should be, which is why people do flock here to read the s-a-l-t from some of the posters, not because they really care about the development of the faction or the feedback in question. It's as I stated earlier in this thread I can pick apart between the feedback that is legitimate and the feedback that is not. The tone of what people post can give you more information than the text itself sometimes.

Disco is a community that fuels itself on drama.

(08-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Order bastet goes near the freeport. Core| (Lythrilux) and Primer/some drone fighting. I vaporice the drone in 2 seconds flat and start talking to you. You run into the jumphole that leads to a NPC battleship and wait for 2 people + a zoner to log in. I was having +20%lag and loss, you see the zoner engaging. You just jump into the opportunity. And you didn't know it was me either.
I do not remember the encounter you speak of. Personally I don't tend to log my fighters or run to Rho unless there is a proper warrant. If you could provide evidence I wouldn't mind seeing it. Otherwise, the encounter sounds silly. Why would I be waiting for a Zoner of all things? Also interesting how you accuse me of jumping into opportunities of PvP when someone like you with an order ship called DJ_ASSASIN (which I'm sure is the saint of roleplay) does the same whenever it is logged.

(08-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Order bastet logs into Mu. Undocks in scanner. Starts talking to you. Core Inmediatly goes into a shieldrunning 3v1.
One or two ships would be unable to kill you. Three would suffice. You said yourself that you didn't mind if more than one person fights you and this is what I based that reaction. Don't be a hypocrite. Core are not skilled snub pvpers, and in a system raid to increase group survivability tactical decisions must be made and considering you said you were fine with such reactions it made the decision making process easier.

(08-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Order nephyst logs to defend Mu. You run away in a 3v1 and camp around 2 gunboats. A bullhead (carter) cloaks and a few minutes later uncloaks on stop of me guns blazing, no words. Of course, he failed.
Highlighted the important part. We were trying to leave, however you kept around and still tried to harass our snubcraft. When you do that, you incur the wrath of the capitals and they come in to defend the snubcraft as they leave.

(08-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Core| raids gamma. Core| is beaten by a single uau V titan. Reaction in your chat: don't log when this certain guy is online. If you have to log gunboats or higher. Snubs already logged switch or hug caps.
I'm having a hard time trying to understand if you're being truthful or not. This doesn't sound real. Give evidence please.

(08-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Core| raids Mu. They start pulling back after killing a battleship. Lythrilux gets chased and starts dropping health. Runs into a minefield to not give a blue.
We had been painfully whittling down battleships with bombers for an hour or so. It was incredibly boring. By the end of it we couldn't really be bothered so I just saved the time for the both of us and suicided into mines. I was a bomber so I was going to slowly die to your fighter anyway which tbh wouldn't have really been that fun for me.

(08-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Drones raid Core|. Core fights for a while until the result is obvious. Good behaviour until Lythrilux runs to restock.
I had actually bought regens by accident via autobuy, which I did tell you myself afterwards. Furthermore I had a codename in my cargo hold, and had to balance things between trying to defend my own members and not lose a codename. Given how you had seemingly effortlessly beaten us already, my accidental restock really didn't make a difference on the grand scope of things as at that point it was three drones shredding a lone manta.

(08-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Corsairs raid Core| in an event. Core| losses, suicides with mines rather than fighting.
Oh please. This point just seems desperate. Accidents happen and believe it or not sometimes people actually do mine themselves during the chaos of a fight.

(08-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]XTF player is dueling Core| during a groupfight. Core| is losing, jumps 4 more people into him.
And I explicitly told the guy not to duel during a capital system raid. If the XTF decides to try and fight a fighter on his own away from the rest of the group, that is his fault and that will be exploited. The ship in question was a threat and had to be dealt with, so we simply pulled both ships back into the group fight. Duelling during a group fight/raid is stupid.

What you've said mostly boils down to you being denied a blue and not getting it the way you wanted it.
With all this said Yber, please next time before you try to make a point provide the full context or else you make your points seem illegitimate. Thanks Wink
Quote:Maybe I do give myself too much credit, however the Omicrons were certainly deader before Core| arrived. The region needed a spark to perk up the activity of other factions and individuals in the area and the answer to that was Core. Whilst there certainly were some interactions in the Omicrons, there were barely any really. You'd look at the player list and never really see anything on besides one or two Corsairs doing cap missions in Gamma. It's sort of like a ripple effect: the activity of one faction effects other factions which in turn effect the activity of other factions as well.

Quote:Maybe ?!?
Let me remind you I've seen the spark of AoI (Hi all those guys wrecking us every time...arghhh!)about 2 years ago, the spark of K'Hara (Hi Harbringer!) just about that time, Zoners (Hello Pheonix and the ZA!) and Corsairs most of time. Indeed , it got lonely about 1 year ago, but not to the point of not being still interesting. RP, pews and encounters were still taking place.

Quote:The region needed a spark to perk up the activity of other factions and individuals in the area and the answer to that was Core
Stop the "Messiah" attitude, really. Nobody contests you've brought activity, but not all activity revolves around you. You as well killed activity on more than one occasion.

Quote:Whilst there certainly were some interactions in the Omicrons, there were barely any really.
Logic much?!? Do you even read our posts and more YOUR OWN posts? "certainly were some interactions" and "barely any really" don't make a good match, won't you think? Which is it, after all? Were there interactions or not any really?
(08-17-2015, 03:18 PM)axisdeus Wrote: [ -> ]Let me remind you I've seen the spark of AoI (Hi all those guys wrecking us every time...arghhh!)about 2 years ago, the spark of K'Hara (Hi Harbringer!) just about that time, Zoners (Hello Pheonix and the ZA!) and Corsairs most of time. Indeed , it got lonely about 1 year ago, but not to the point of not being still interesting. RP, pews and encounters were still taking place.
Exactly, about a year ago the activity nosedived and players lost interest in the region. Core brought that interest back.

(08-17-2015, 03:18 PM)axisdeus Wrote: [ -> ]Stop the "Messiah" attitude, really. Nobody contests you've brought activity, but not all activity revolves around you. You as well killed activity on more than one occasion.
I don't believe all activity revolves around us, but to an extent it stems from us. All factions are certainly capable of killing and creating activity, those are simply two elements that must be kept in check to the best of the factions ability. It's not always easy, however.

(08-17-2015, 03:18 PM)axisdeus Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Whilst there certainly were some interactions in the Omicrons, there were barely any really.
Logic much?!? Do you even read our posts and more YOUR OWN posts? "certainly were some interactions" and "barely any really" don't make a good match, won't you think? Which is it, after all? Were there interactions or not any really?
The implication was that there were some interactions but on a whole compared to the rest of Sirius there weren't really any. The Omicrons were just that dead region of Sirius that no one went to because there was no point.
When Core| arrived I kinda just flew away from the omicrons and I don't plan on coming back.
Not a fan of a faction that PVPs to keep it self running.
Well that's one reason you don't see me in the Omicrons

Also saying core members are not skilled snub PVPers is a complete and udder lie.
Omicron have always leaned towards a more player verses player orientated environment. Whilst I have tried to shift Core| to other less pvp-orientated actives, the Edge Worlds don't really offer that on a silver plate. Roleplay interactions do happen often in places like Delta however. With some dev-side changes that will hopefully come in the future, Core| and other factions should hopefully get the chance to expand their activities (i.e better trade routes so that there can actually be some traders in the Omicrons for people to interact with).

But yes, Core likes it's PvP. PvP is part of the roleplay environment however, that is something you should not forget.
*Driving Zoner Q-Ship* *sees core ships around Freeport*
I'm just like NOPE.
*Shrugs* Your fault not mine I guess. We don't hunt Zoners, they're not our enemies.
Uhh I normaly support CoF with my zoner Q-ship but when I see 4 core snubs fighting 2 corsairs. I kinda don't wanna do anything.
Why just not follow up with roleplay based upon what you can see within the environment? I mean it's good that inRP you may be intimidated by Core, though if you're intimidated ooRPly that sucks ;-;. You should run with the environment and see where things take your character.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27