Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Hi im a sorta decent experienced been on here only for 5 months so bear with me.

I don't understand your RP, why have you separated from the BHG? There's lots of hassle about this too, why do you demand protection fees from bases in omicrons and than blow them up if they don't pay? Like I don't get it this seems like more of a mob faction to me that kills unlawful factions, Im not trying to be mean I just want to know. You guys have really cool ships and all which is why im getting a mako Im not too concerned about the RP but I just want clarification.
I think its more explainable if you looked at the Core from another perspective.
Rather then their own house, think of the Core as a PMC; the easiest show of this would be from another game.
Say for example that game was Call of Duty Black Ops, the Core are basically Raul Menendez's guys who are hell bent on doing stuff their way.
That means throwing out those that would seek to oppose them, and to be fair, the space around them is full of enemies that they can't watch.
This base thing can be looked at from another perspective from the Core.
To the Core, they have no idea who uses those PoB's, words mean 100 things in the Omicrons and friendship is never assured unless its gained.
In the Cores eyes, those bases are built by possible enemy PMC's or nations/factions that would seek to destroy them or perhaps even attack from.
This tax thing is more of a "Hey, listen you pay us to watch your base and we protect it." ordeal.

To sum up the laws...to be honest? Corsairs have laws, the Order have laws, the Zoners have laws, is it really that big of a deal if the Core do? I don't see a problem based around that, well a few things here and there but nothing that can't be ironed out if you give Lyth at least some breathing room.

Other then that, I've enjoyed my encounters with Core when on my Order, they normally give me a good run for my money and not many factions can give me that rush when in a PvP fight, even while out numbered, I still see its fun because when I joined discovery, I went to the Order first and always wanted to be in a Core & Order fight, and today I can, so keep up the work..and the hunting.

~Clay
(02-13-2015, 03:28 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand your RP, why have you separated from the BHG?
Didn't really make sense. How does a faction such as The Core get funded by mere bounty contracts from the houses? I split it so that it could start having more of a solid justification for it's existence, without a retcon.

(02-13-2015, 03:28 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]There's lots of hassle about this too, why do you demand protection fees from bases in omicrons and than blow them up if they don't pay? Like I don't get it this seems like more of a mob faction to me that kills unlawful factions, Im not trying to be mean I just want to know.
It's a useful way of acquiring funds.

I'm actually going to change things with the bases a bit, so the comms regarding those are on hold for now, same for the laws. I had some cooler ideas.
(02-13-2015, 02:44 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]But I would like some clarification... If Core aren't BHG, than like what are they? Some random lolkilling faction that just trolls unlawfuls and noms?
Read the faction information thread. They're a PMC that wishes to dominate the Omicrons and Omegas and obtain all powerful alien technology they can get.

(02-13-2015, 02:44 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand I feel like if the Core and BHG were just linked together and had some more justified RP and limitations people wouldnt complain.
Their connection didn't really make a lot of sense, to put it simply. I wanted to make a faction that was more realistic.

(02-13-2015, 02:50 AM)Gytrash Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: On a more serious note, I can't figure the Core RP at all, it's an official faction that seems to be related to no NPC faction by declaration of their own leader and yet uses BHG shipline and BHG IFF.
You need to read the lore then. It's pretty understandable Gytrash. BHG ships are actually APM ships (that isn't just me declaring so that has been around since vanilla lore). We use The BHG Core IFF, not the BHG one. Yet again you'd know this if you read the thread properly.

(02-13-2015, 02:59 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]Again if they linked the BHG and the Core together maybe it wouldn't be such a hastle
I don't like the idea of me seizing a faction like that. Impy or whoever can bring BHG back up to speed whenever they feel like it. The factions are still somewhat linked, but only through their shipbuilder.

(02-13-2015, 03:04 AM)Gytrash Wrote: [ -> ]But apparently the BHG Core and the Core are linked somehow but not the BHG and the Core and the three paragraphs of explanation don't make it really easy.
Y'know, if instead of just making random statements that the lore doesn't make sense, that you could actually point out what doesn't make sense specifically? I mean, the information thread was made months ago. People understood it then and had no complaints - including the admin team - but now people are suddenly crawling out of their caves and making jabs at the lore.

Though, I can understand why some people may be confused. On the in game side of things, there's a whole bunch of infocards that need to be changed for this new lore. I've already made and submitted them, I just need to wait for the update for when they'll be added in.
I don't care about all that, I must say. Core seems to be cool and I respect a lot of effort put into even making your own faction official, within the mod.
i like direction the faction is heading,the only problem i foresee is that while you may not have the numbers to claim those 42-something systems inRP you do so ingame which will lead to massive amount of drama even more since POBs are involved

I was thinking..Who wants to make a counter faction for them and stop crying in this thread?Using AI Cruisers will be fun.. (devil)
(02-13-2015, 11:00 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]

I was thinking..Who wants to make a counter faction for them and stop crying in this thread?Using AI Cruisers will be fun.. (devil)

Mission accepted. Tongue
(02-13-2015, 11:29 AM)Antagonist Wrote: [ -> ]

Mission accepted. Tongue

and actually claims the same 42 systems and enforce the same laws
that could be fun
(02-13-2015, 11:40 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2015, 11:29 AM)Antagonist Wrote: [ -> ]

Mission accepted. Tongue

and actually claims the same 42 systems and enforce the same laws
that could be fun

This isn't supposed to be discussed in here, but such laws wouldn't have a use for AI and instantly claiming 42 systems wouldn't have an iRP justification Smile
(02-12-2015, 09:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]We haven't claimed Omega-49, just that our laws have jurisdiction in there for the sake of helping to protect the Zoners (as well as possibly futhering The Core's interests).
Just remember what happened last time groups were "helping protect the Zoners." Furthering their interests were EXACTLY what they were doing. SCRA claimed to be protecting civilians. Corsairs claimed to be protecting Zoners. They started shooting each other, per usual, and doing orbital bombardments of the planet surface, sending in ground troops and being hostile to Zoner people. In short, they wanted a piece of Canaria and IMO, weren't interested in the protection of the Zoners at all.

If you haven't noticed, Canaria is turning into Disco's version of Hoth (Star Wars). Population is declining and massing to a more urbanized area where it's still bearable and stations around the planet are being built. Even Doc Holliday's Tombstone Estate is now RP'd as a once bustling land of gardens and pastures teaming with life now a tundra wasteland.
Not sure what anyone would want with it now.

BTW, if the Core wants to "tax" then change your ID from a BHG based faction to one of an unlawful faction and then I will accept it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27