Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
How does the Core operate in the Omegas, or intends to operate there anyway?

Most passages from the Omicrons to the Omegas are either in the Hessian or Corsair hands. Assuming that it would be bad for all parties involved if the Core based their operations only from zoner stations, where are they supposed to base their Omega assets? Rheinland bases?
(02-13-2015, 09:19 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2015, 03:28 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand your RP, why have you separated from the BHG?
Didn't really make sense. How does a faction such as The Core get funded by mere bounty contracts from the houses? I split it so that it could start having more of a solid justification for it's existence, without a retcon.

I know you keep saying that the Bounty Hunters' Guild is poor and all, but, they really weren't. They are the monopoly on government contracts to hunt high profile targets the navies/police won't/can't go after.

Imagine taking all the PMCs that exist in the world today and rolling them into one, unified company, then imagine if that company hired terrorists and criminals (and the terrorists/criminals were actually willing to defect), such that said grand PMC knew where, for example, America's most wanted were, and would not sell that info to the US government/go after said people (yes, they have the firepower to do that) unless said government shelled out vast amounts of money (also, the PMC is amoral...).

They might not be the most liked group of people, but boy would they be rich...
At the same time, our lore claims that Houses such as Kusari even struggle maintaining a capital ship fleet. It seems a bit far-fetched that a somewhat organized group of bounty hunters (who work for said Houses) can afford a capital fleet while their employers cannot.

Hence the whole illuminati spooky mysterious background. Or something.

Also the people complaining that Core are acting higher and mightier than they are: please get a grip and realize that just because their laws state they influence a boatload of systems, doesn't mean that they truly can. They're just powertrippin'.
(02-13-2015, 04:16 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2015, 09:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]We haven't claimed Omega-49, just that our laws have jurisdiction in there for the sake of helping to protect the Zoners (as well as possibly futhering The Core's interests).
a) In short, they wanted a piece of Canaria and IMO, weren't interested in the protection of the Zoners at all.

b) Population is declining and massing to a more urbanized area where it's still bearable.

c) BTW, if the Core wants to "tax" then change your ID from a BHG based faction to one of an unlawful faction and then I will accept it.

a) No Senor, not a piece. The whole planet. And the system after that. Smile

b) They naturally shifted closer to towns with sausage industry, where they can work at 25% capacity, Siesta all afternoon and get actually paid for it. There would be massive food traffic between GC and Crete - in some better world!

c) This points well where Onegas/Omicrons turned "wrong". Pirate factions are doing business with neutrals, instead of pirating them on sight. This gives them stronger economy, but in the same time lets them keep all unlawful freedoms they had. Who can guarantee to lawful faction like Core that there are no terrorist camps there in "neutral" bases/territories? It really reminds me of RL. How many countries can seat on two chairs?

Back to subject:

1. InRP Omicron wide expansion of Core is a bit premature to me. They lost their fleet in battle over Toledo and APM is not that huge to compensate fast. But, they sold many ships to BHG and even other factions, getting even more financial power, rather than military. Delivering all that ships means Core not having them. But, BHG orders got smaller. And smaller...
2. Claiming Delta would be much appropriate atm, causing Yaren wars, victory and omg finally finishing Nauru terraforming. It costs a lot, but APM pays. Old Nauru RP here.
3. Settling Nauru could cause next step: Omicron wars for securing the supply routes.
4. Omicron domination could be next step, in case APM gets strong enough with flourishing Nauru economy. We all know: money + power -> more money, more power.
5. Omegas... well, no. Not so soon. Not after losing Capetown for sure.

OoRP I support any Core warmongering. What did they wait for? If they don't war now, they never will. So, let them, please.
(02-13-2015, 04:16 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2015, 09:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]We haven't claimed Omega-49, just that our laws have jurisdiction in there for the sake of helping to protect the Zoners (as well as possibly futhering The Core's interests).
Just remember what happened last time groups were "helping protect the Zoners." Furthering their interests were EXACTLY what they were doing. SCRA claimed to be protecting civilians. Corsairs claimed to be protecting Zoners. They started shooting each other, per usual, and doing orbital bombardments of the planet surface, sending in ground troops and being hostile to Zoner people. In short, they wanted a piece of Canaria and IMO, weren't interested in the protection of the Zoners at all.
Well yeah, to every faction in that region of space Zoners are a means to an end. They're often thought of as a commodity. Core are the protectors of humanity - however they're not wholeheartedly good. Their morals are often confined to the concepts of simply money and power. It's through their grace that Zoners aren't KoS, since Zoners are pretty much the populace that they wish to have control over and to maintain.

If you haven't noticed, Canaria is turning into Disco's version of Hoth (Star Wars). Population is declining and massing to a more urbanized area where it's still bearable and stations around the planet are being built. Even Doc Holliday's Tombstone Estate is now RP'd as a once bustling land of gardens and pastures teaming with life now a tundra wasteland.
Not sure what anyone would want with it now.

(02-13-2015, 04:16 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, if the Core wants to "tax" then change your ID from a BHG based faction to one of an unlawful faction and then I will accept it.
Are you serious? You're an admin, I can't even believe you'd make such a statement. Haven't you read The Core ID or RP?

Sure, Core are lawfuls. Does that make them a group of angelic defenders who love peace and harmony? No, not at all.

(02-13-2015, 04:27 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: [ -> ]How does the Core operate in the Omegas, or intends to operate there anyway?

Most passages from the Omicrons to the Omegas are either in the Hessian or Corsair hands. Assuming that it would be bad for all parties involved if the Core based their operations only from zoner stations, where are they supposed to base their Omega assets? Rheinland bases?
We actually used to have an Omegas base, but it was thrown into Saar. In a few updates we're getting some jump hole changes, so access to the Omegas is going to be made easier again. I wouldn't mind just having a base in the Omegas though.

(02-13-2015, 05:20 PM)Derkylos Wrote: [ -> ]I know you keep saying that the Bounty Hunters' Guild is poor and all, but, they really weren't. They are the monopoly on government contracts to hunt high profile targets the navies/police won't/can't go after.
I'm not saying their poor, but I just really don't believe mere bounty contracts could sustain stations and build fleets of ships. Nor would it be a viable source of income after Toledo.

(02-13-2015, 05:20 PM)Derkylos Wrote: [ -> ]Imagine taking all the PMCs that exist in the world today and rolling them into one, unified company, then imagine if that company hired terrorists and criminals (and the terrorists/criminals were actually willing to defect), such that said grand PMC knew where, for example, America's most wanted were, and would not sell that info to the US government/go after said people (yes, they have the firepower to do that) unless said government shelled out vast amounts of money (also, the PMC is amoral...).

They might not be the most liked group of people, but boy would they be rich...
Not really sure if that could be a justified argument since Disco =/= IRL so I can't comment.

(02-13-2015, 06:12 PM)Haste Wrote: [ -> ]At the same time, our lore claims that Houses such as Kusari even struggle maintaining a capital ship fleet. It seems a bit far-fetched that a somewhat organized group of bounty hunters (who work for said Houses) can afford a capital fleet while their employers cannot.

Hence the whole illuminati spooky mysterious background. Or something.

Also the people complaining that Core are acting higher and mightier than they are: please get a grip and realize that just because their laws state they influence a boatload of systems, doesn't mean that they truly can. They're just powertrippin'.
P R E A C H

(02-13-2015, 06:23 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]1. InRP Omicron wide expansion of Core is a bit premature to me. They lost their fleet in battle over Toledo and APM is not that huge to compensate fast. But, they sold many ships to BHG and even other factions, getting even more financial power, rather than military. Delivering all that ships means Core not having them. But, BHG orders got smaller. And smaller...
It's meant to look premature.

(02-13-2015, 06:23 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]2. Claiming Delta would be much appropriate atm, causing Yaren wars, victory and omg finally finishing Nauru terraforming. It costs a lot, but APM pays. Old Nauru RP here.
I might look into that in a few updates or so.

(02-13-2015, 06:23 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]3. Settling Nauru could cause next step: Omicron wars for securing the supply routes.
Good idea, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Though it'll be limited due to the planets environment being hostile.

(02-13-2015, 06:23 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]4. Omicron domination could be next step, in case APM gets strong enough with flourishing Nauru economy. We all know: money + power -> more money, more power.
Could be a possibility Big Grin

(02-13-2015, 06:23 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]5. Omegas... well, no. Not so soon. Not after losing Capetown for sure.
Capetown is still here. I think you mean Rostock. Rostock was just clipped and lumped into Saar, which sucks.

(02-13-2015, 06:23 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]OoRP I support any Core warmongering. What did they wait for? If they don't war now, they never will. So, let them, please.
Thank you for your support.
Lyth, take another look at Nauru Terraforming link. Obviously enough time passed for processing poisons from atmosphere. That's where all the water comes from and some fertilizers as well. Nauru's on Core's grasp, just show the link to the right person. No need to wait for few updates, at least not because of some RP missing. And we hauled XYZ loads of all kinds of materials with APM transports to make it happen. Maybe Stoat knows even more, he hauled more than others.

There's most important part:

"Another thing which he personally oversaw were the Air exchange units located in the desert about 60 miles
East of the city. Nauru had a breathable atmosphere, though quite stinky due to the high content of hydrogen
sulphide which gave the air the smell of rotten eggs. Nauru also had 26 hours out of 27 hours a day of
sunshine, which allowed for a special type of air exchanger to be created, using solar power the exchangers
broke down the hydrogen sulphide into hydrogen and sulphur, in a little under one year all traces of the
compound will be removed from the atmosphere."

It was a bit toxic in long long terms, but main problem was rotten eggs odor. Like living across some distillates factory.
Come back when you figured out how to RP your faction.

You edited Initial Com com from this:
[Image: CEs7DZx.jpg]
with further inclination of additional payments of up to 50mils per base and month

to this:
[Image: lWl5Zoe.jpg]

And that after all addressed parties have answered.

This is highly unprecedented and not at all welcome.
Well I would've kept it but the admins didn't like the idea of monthly taxes. Personally I think they'd be more logical than a one time payment but oh well. Therefore I adjusted it accordingly. Honestly in my opinion you don't even need to edit your responses, and any edit you do need to make you can take as long as you like.
If you're honestly going to get salty over that then you're overreacting.
Yeah Outlaw and I were actually planing on reporting you, should you follow up with a montly payment:
[12.02.2015 04:40:13] nitroxo: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...4#pid43794
[12.02.2015 04:41:21] nitroxo: - POB's built in non-House space that are bordering a House system, as listed below, are not allowed to be engaged for lack of payment, should one be issued.
[12.02.2015 04:42:19] The.Outlaw.Star: interesting
[12.02.2015 04:43:23] nitroxo: \m/
[12.02.2015 04:43:36] nitroxo: Don't tell nobody. We Sanction them when they do

It is not my fault that you were leading up to something forbidden by server rules. Usually before I do something, I check if it's within server rules.

However, the reason I am pissed is, that you, instead of retconning the whole thing (which I proposed) you took the easy way out, made a few edits, which significantly changed the whole thing and did not inform either me or outcast of the scale of those edits.

Now our answers look completely out of place, until we've rewritten them, and we're left with having to completely rewrite the whole answer, and it would be fair if you'd have to do the same.

It is, as I've said the lowest of forms. If you absolutely have to significantly edit a comm, request that admins close the original one, apologize to those who have answered OORPly and then open a new Com. It has happened before, will happen again, and this is the most respectful way to do it.
(02-14-2015, 02:07 AM)Major_Mayhem Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Outlaw and I were actually planing on reporting you, should you follow up with a montly payment:
[12.02.2015 04:40:13] nitroxo: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...4#pid43794
[12.02.2015 04:41:21] nitroxo: - POB's built in non-House space that are bordering a House system, as listed below, are not allowed to be engaged for lack of payment, should one be issued.
[12.02.2015 04:42:19] The.Outlaw.Star: interesting
[12.02.2015 04:43:23] nitroxo: \m/
[12.02.2015 04:43:36] nitroxo: Don't tell nobody. We Sanction them when they do

It is not my fault that you were leading up to something forbidden by server rules. Usually before I do something, I check if it's within server rules.
There wasn't actually any rule-break so to speak, as the admins had postponed the rule for now. Why it's still in the rules section is beyond me. Honestly that seems more like nitpicking.

(02-14-2015, 02:07 AM)Major_Mayhem Wrote: [ -> ]However, the reason I am pissed is, that you, instead of retconning the whole thing (which I proposed) you took the easy way out, made a few edits, which significantly changed the whole thing and did not inform either me or outcast of the scale of those edits.

Now our answers look completely out of place, until we've rewritten them, and we're left with having to completely rewrite the whole answer, and it would be fair if you'd have to do the same.

It is, as I've said the lowest of forms. If you absolutely have to significantly edit a comm, request that admins close the original one, apologize to those who have answered OORPly and then open a new Com. It has happened before, will happen again, and this is the most respectful way to do it.
I changed a number and adjusted a few small words. The intention and the purpose of the comm have not been changed. I don't really understand why you're getting so uppity about it, just relax and edit your response in your own time if you really feel that I've destroyed your RP or something.
Besides, you told me I'd get reported if I retconned the comm anyway. Not like you made me choosing a suitable solution easy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27