Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(05-22-2015, 11:27 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]There's a mutually beneficial relationship between The Core and Zoners.

lolwut?

The Core insists they don't need Zoners at all, shoot them if they feel they don't respect them or whatever, but suddenly there's a mutually beneficial relationship?
Either you're cold / hostile towards them and do not rely on them, or you have a mutually beneficial relationship. You can't do both.

Kind of confused by what diplomatic approach the Core is trying to take here.

Edit: To clarify, I get the impression that what you're trying to do is something like "yeah, we'll shoot Zoners occasionally but still be neutral with them and also we don't need them anyway". Something I don't think is realistic.

You're not a star-spanning immortal empire, just a PMC that happens to operate in an area in which pretty much the only source of supplies is.....exactly, Zoners.
(05-22-2015, 11:40 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2015, 11:27 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]There's a mutually beneficial relationship between The Core and Zoners.

lolwut?

The Core insists they don't need Zoners at all, shoot them if they feel they don't respect them or whatever, but suddenly there's a mutually beneficial relationship?
Either you're cold / hostile towards them and do not rely on them, or you have a mutually beneficial relationship. You can't do both.

Kind of confused by what diplomatic approach the Core is trying to take here.

Edit: To clarify, I get the impression that what you're trying to do is something like "yeah, we'll shoot Zoners occasionally but still be neutral with them and also we don't need them anyway". Something I don't think is realistic.
We protect them. That is what we do. We also export the Iridium from Freeport 11. Also don't generalize with how often we shoot them or try to state that we shoot them a lot, the times we do shoot them is rare i.e where your Zoner insults The Core directly. Just because you have a Zoner ID doesn't buy you 100% protection.
Also The Zoners are already hostile to The Order, and the Corsairs play around with how they treat them on a whim. It wouldn't be wise for them to add another hostile group to their diplomacy list, especially when there's a nomadic threat around.

(05-22-2015, 11:40 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]You're not a star-spanning immortal empire, just a PMC that happens to operate in an area in which pretty much the only source of supplies is.....exactly, Zoners.
We're not as diplomatically limited as The Order. We're not reliant on Zoners for our supplies, though groups like TAZ do send us things now and again. We can easily source resources from elsewhere if we need to.

Also let me remind you that Zoners are a generic faction. An action against an individual is not an 'attack' against all Zoners at all.
(05-22-2015, 12:04 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Well you threatened us, therefore you pay the price. You could've docked without being blown up if you were smart enough to keep your mouth shut.

Subtle is good?, contemplate this saying "the loudest one in the room, is the weakest one in the room".

Do your thing but remember as easily as you rise to power is as easily as you can fall but how fast just depends on the size of the ego in question. It helps not to make too many enemies Wink
(05-22-2015, 12:01 PM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2015, 12:04 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Well you threatened us, therefore you pay the price. You could've docked without being blown up if you were smart enough to keep your mouth shut.

Subtle is good?, contemplate this saying "the loudest one in the room, is the weakest one in the room".

Do your thing but remember as easily as you rise to power is as easily as you can fall but how fast just depends on the size of the ego in question. It helps not to make too many enemies Wink
What. I can't point out the relevance in that saying. The Core are one if, not the possibly the most powerful faction in the Edge Worlds. They've got money and they've got assets. Maybe not necessarily to back up their claims of having dominant influence over say, Omicron Iota, but most certainly they are the top dogs in Omicron Delta.
What you're doing is overplaying your position.

Now, I won't even comment on the whole Order mess because that is a completely absurd situation all on its own.

But you seem to have the attitude that Zoners have to be careful not to antagonize Core, but not the other way around.
Let me tell you something about Zoners and their supplies. They have Freeports within one jump from both Malta and Crete that occasionally harbor Bounty Hunters and other enemies of the Outcasts and Corsairs respectively.
Yet they are still tolerated by both, evidently due to the importance of the supply routes to and from Freeports 5 and 10. And these are groups that have entire planets of potential resources, are thousands of times larger and more powerful than the Core, and at least equally ruthless.
They both have black market connections and therefor potential suppliers across Sirius.

So I really don't see why you think the Core is in a position to antagonize Zoners.
You claim to be the top dogs in Delta, a highly fanciful claim.
The Order has a much more established presence and an actual long term planetary colony.
The Corsairs, while that particular sector is not their primary area of influence, have overall far, far greater numbers and resources.
The K'Hara have their home in the far Omicrons and have not completely overrun them solely because humans generally band together when they show up.

You are playing the Core like something they are not - an empire or mini-house. They are a company, a well-funded military company but a company nonetheless. It seems you're going off ingame presence more than actual lore - of course you'll feel like Lord of the Omicrons when you have a good sized group of Core floating around. But for a company it would be a terrible business plan to needlessly antagonize reliable business partners in a region in which there are very few, and very powerful hostile groups.

You mention the TAZ - a tiny fringe group based on the opposite side of the sector.
And dubious "other sources" - like what? The only groups that operate in the area regularly are the Order, Corsairs and obviously Zoners. Even if you do get the occasional transport from outside sources, it'll be much riskier and pricier, Zoners are the obvious source in these regions because they're largely left alone.

Finally, Zoners are not a generic faction, merely a structureless, heterogeneous one. That does not mean they can be shot with impunity.

tl;dr: Get off your high, warlike horse
can't agree more with you.

And....

Quote:Every nomad is the Core's property in their own (deranged) eyes. Nomads are an exploitable resource.

That claim can't be serious. You're talking about nomads as if they were a bunch of disorganized pirates.

We're talking about a "faction" that possesses a light year sized "station" to say the least. "Nomads" as a hive mind, yields great power over the minds of any humans that they encounter. They've almost recovered from the war and they could pretty much destroy you or send you back to the stone age e.g. see what happened with Toledo.
(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]But you seem to have the attitude that Zoners have to be careful not to antagonize Core, but not the other way around.
Well they should. You see, when Order| went hostile against Zoners their attitude is actually pretty lax towards them. Order| aren't going around hunting them mercilessly, though their indies like to pick fights now and again. I can assure if Core| ever goes hostile to Zoners we will not hesitate in massacring every Zoner we see and removing them from our space. The Core are reluctant to take this approach though, as Zoners are merely civilians and their Empire will require denizens.

(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]Let me tell you something about Zoners and their supplies. They have Freeports within one jump from both Malta and Crete that occasionally harbor Bounty Hunters and other enemies of the Outcasts and Corsairs respectively.
Yet they are still tolerated by both, evidently due to the importance of the supply routes to and from Freeports 5 and 10. And these are groups that have entire planets of potential resources, are thousands of times larger and more powerful than the Core, and at least equally ruthless.
They both have black market connections and therefor potential suppliers across Sirius.
The Core have very good relations with three houses, are neutral with one, and have the backing of a mega-corporation. They also have the Iridium business, ship sales, and the alien materials and technology business too. Of course I'm not going to say they could wipe out the Corsairs and Outcasts at a whim, however they can certainly hold their own (at least in places that are certainly closer to home territory).

(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]So I really don't see why you think the Core is in a position to antagonize Zoners.
You claim to be the top dogs in Delta, a highly fanciful claim.
The Order has a much more established presence and an actual long term planetary colony.
We killed everything on Nauru and have taken it for ourselves. I debated making an infocard for last patch since I sort of wanted to wait for the Omicron update first, but it seems that it may be a good idea for me to make one (hell, there's even mentions of the Phooms on that thing >.>)

(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]The Corsairs, while that particular sector is not their primary area of influence, have overall far, far greater numbers and resources.
All they have is a crumbling outpost on the other side of Nauru that will fall soon. Also note how Omicron Rho is a mere jump away from Delta, whereas Gamma is a couple of jumps away (The Corsairs also have to make it past the AI as well for the shorter route, therefore it may be better to call it three jumps).

(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]The K'Hara have their home in the far Omicrons and have not completely overrun them solely because humans generally band together when they show up.
And they're kept back to their home in those systems of course due to the defense of The Core. It's why Freeport 11 hasn't been overrun by Nomads yet (though you could ironically give credit to The Order for that instead, as they're the ones with the most influence in Omicron Zeta).

(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]You are playing the Core like something they are not - an empire or mini-house. They are a company, a well-funded military company but a company nonetheless. It seems you're going off ingame presence more than actual lore - of course you'll feel like Lord of the Omicrons when you have a good sized group of Core floating around. But for a company it would be a terrible business plan to needlessly antagonize reliable business partners in a region in which there are very few, and very powerful hostile groups.
Well as I've said we like to act with a lot of bravado in game, however your post here has been poorly researched and you are thus terribly misinformed on Omicron politics and who's got what and how powerful they are.

(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]You mention the TAZ - a tiny fringe group based on the opposite side of the sector.
And dubious "other sources" - like what? The only groups that operate in the area regularly are the Order, Corsairs and obviously Zoners. Even if you do get the occasional transport from outside sources, it'll be much riskier and pricier, Zoners are the obvious source in these regions because they're largely left alone.
All Zoners in the Edge Worlds need to grab their supplies from somewhere. Before recent updates Rho actually connected to Halle, so non-Zoner suppliers could come to us straight from there. Although that connection is now lost, Rho will gain a connection to Munich in the future, thereby remedying the problem. And as I've stated before we're not hostile against all Zoners, which means we're not going to block them from giving support to our bases. We merely deal with the ones who step out of line and disrespect us.

(05-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, Zoners are not a generic faction, merely a structureless, heterogeneous one. That does not mean they can be shot with impunity.
That's not what I'm implying. I'm stating that just because we shoot one Zoner in what really is a generic pool of people, does not mean we're going hostile against all of them.

(05-22-2015, 01:01 PM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ] can't agree more with you.

And....

Quote:Every nomad is the Core's property in their own (deranged) eyes. Nomads are an exploitable resource.

That claim can't be serious. You're talking about nomads as if they were a bunch of disorganized pirates.

We're talking about a "faction" that possesses a light year sized "station" to say the least. "Nomads" as a hive mind, yields great power over the minds of any humans that they encounter. They've almost recovered from the war and they could pretty much destroy you or send you back to the stone age e.g. see what happened with Toledo.
We're not marking them with a labeller and picking them like flowers. That's a metaphorical statement. It's just a figurative way of talking about the nomads and how The Core perccives them. We don't seem them as some sort of terrible and super scary alien threat necessarily, our greed blinds us and leaves us to believe that the nomads are a resources that can be harnessed. This is what The Order does not like about The Core.
I think a power-hungry collection of aggressive mercs should be trigger happy indeed. We're not really dealing with the "you represent a civilized country so behave" sort of issue here, rather a bunch of armed-to-the-teeth mercs, who do everything to survive in a highly hostile, alien world. It's understandable if they shoot first and ask questions later.

Just sayin'.
Ah, Lyth got his shining glorious moment, parading around Omicrons, claiming this or that, or just about everything in the sight. It's like the next update gonna be called 'coremicrons', am I right? Right?! Or was it 'nomicrons'... Ah crap, can never remember it right.
Only if our neighbours allow us to get away with that Yuri, which as I can imagine they certainly won't Confused
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27