Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
This thread is no longer in use. Please see the appropriate thread.
nēver met u guys,maybe thats because i dont play alot of disco and dont even have a singlel omicron ship but i'll make bhg char to fly with u so i hope its gonna be worth the 10 seconds to make the char
but i heard u are good roleplayers
(11-25-2014, 08:18 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]nēver met u guys,maybe thats because i dont play alot of disco and dont even have a singlel omicron ship but i'll make bhg char to fly with u so i hope its gonna be worth the 10 seconds to make the char

Uh, you can always just...you know. Make any(almost) kind of character for that. (:
Freelancer, Nomad, Sair, OC, Order, LSF, etc.

We're trying our best to give the people we interact with a good time. See you in space! ))
(11-25-2014, 08:24 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2014, 08:18 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]nēver met u guys,maybe thats because i dont play alot of disco and dont even have a singlel omicron ship but i'll make bhg char to fly with u so i hope its gonna be worth the 10 seconds to make the char

Uh, you can always just...you know. Make any(almost) kind of character for that. (:

We're trying our best to give the people we interact with a good time. See you in space! ))
One thing i suck at pvp i dont want to pvp uuuuuuūūūūū)))

wanna rp with u no pew pews
(11-25-2014, 08:32 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2014, 08:24 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]

One thing i suck at pvp i dont want to pvp uuuuuuūūūūū)))

wanna rp with u no pew pews

Depends what colors you're flying under, really. (:
Good experiences with you guys on Order| and OCV . Keep up the Ganking good work Wink
Ok so some people are up in arms about the Core RP. Of course, I laugh at you since you clearly haven't read the lore nor understand how the faction works, and furthermore you jump to radical conclusions regarding The Core Laws. I'll put away the edgy attitude and answer your questions regardless however.

So, feel free to start a Q&A session with me, The Core 1ic, in this thread. Ask away and I'll try to respond within the next few hours or so.

Let me just get one thing out the way. THE CORE ARE NOT BOUNTY HUNTERS. IGNORE THE IN GAME INFOCARDS, I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN NEW ONES AND THEY WILL BE RELEASED ALONGSIDE THE OMICRON UPDATE.

Now, feel free to ask away.
Took a look at the laws and I really had to laugh at this huge (!) list of systems that you name that are under Core law now:

Quote:The Omicrons:

Omicron Alpha
Omicron Beta
Omicron Delta
Omicron Eta
Omicron Gamma
Omicron Iota
Omicron Kappa
Omicron Lambda
Omicron Lost
Omicron Major
Omicron Minor
Omicron Mu
Omicron Rho
Omicron Theta
Omicron Zeta
Omicron-100
Omicron-74
Omicron-80
Omicron-81
Omicron-82
Omicron-85
Omicron-90
Omicron-91
Omicron-92
Omicron-93
Omicron-94
Omicron-96
Omicron-99

The Omegas:

Omega-11
Omega-3
Omega-41
Omega-47
Omega-49
Omega-5
Omega-50
Omega-52
Omega-54
Omega-55
Omega-58
Omega-7
Omega-9
Cayman

Seriously, you should reconsider excluding every home system (like Alpha, Gamma, Order home, Hessian home,...), as well as the Omegas bordering Houses which are trade hubs with gates (like O7, O3), and generally cutting your law zone to a realistic size of space where Core actually has a realistic presence.

Furthermore, I do not think that your base-taxation paragraph will hold.

Reason: Admins already stated that there will be a rule restricting Houses from taxing bases in their Zoi if not defined as House Space. You name exactly 42 systems that you consider taxable. Compare that to Houses, and check out the push to even take away the Borderworlds taxation via a rule... then compare the remaining systems to the number of your systems.

I think it might be reasonable to fix it now before you have to fix it anyway later.
Unlike some other people, I don't have an issue with Core deciding to claim legislative powers in the areas they operate in.
What makes no sense to me is the contraband laws.
The way I understand it, the Core is a PMC focused on R&D. You work for profit, not ideology.

I see no lore justification whatsoever for outlawing Nox for example, or human organs. What possible RP reason would the Core have to oppose trade of these things?
Due to the routes it takes, it's doubtful they would even have had contact with Nox, and if they did, why would they have a problem with it?
And human organs - the highest sell point is a Core base. They should be encouraging people to bring them human organs for whatever creepy stuff they do with them, not outlaw organ trade.
Unless they have some sort of moral/ideological issue, but again as far as I know the Core has no morals or ideology besides money and power. Would make zero sense in their position anyway.

To a lesser extent, I would say this applies to slaves as well. Sure slavery is nasty, but I don't see the Core as the sort of do-gooders that would pledge to put a stop to it unless there was some very good reason to.

Artifacts and Cardamine I guess make more sense since Outcasts and Sairs are some of their main enemies, but it still doesn't make much sense to me that they'd go out of their way to stop unaffiliated ships carrying either.

Nomad stuff - isn't the Core the one organization that offers it more or less on the free market? I would guess that inrp, most people carrying it that aren't Order would actually be customers of the Core, so this doesn't really make sense to me either.

Cloaking devices and jump drives - why, just why? Seems completely arbitrary.

Basically I don't see Core acting as law enforcement in that sense. They have no business stopping smugglers in my opinion, it does not profit them so why would they do it.

The "Regulated Systems" list is also way overambitious, particularly in the Omegas.

You cannot possibly tell me systems like Omicron Beta, Eta, Lambda, or 80 are "frequently regulated".
"Frequently regulated" really only applies to Delta, Zeta, Minor, Lost I guess, and maybe 74 and Theta in the Omicrons.

As for the Omegas, 7, 11 and 3 are fully claimed by Rheinland and Bretonia. They have lanes and gates and certainly should not be on that list at all.

Omega-50 doesn't even exist anymore.

Omega-55 is the Wilde home system and most certainly not "frequently regulated".

Omega-5 is an ancient battlefield for Hessians and Corsairs. I don't see what the Core would be doing there; 47 is similar.

I think Jack has a point with the Base taxing thing as well. You really have no business taxing bases that aren't like in a couple of far Omicron systems that constitute your main area of operations.

Anyway, overall I think it's cool that you're doing this and trying to really put Core on the map, but I think you're overreaching in some ways.
Furthermore, you name 11 items as contraband.
I would like to ask whether you are planning to try to implement this law in 42 systems.

For comparison: Many faction have 2 items that they define as contraband and a ZoI of around 10 systems (often less).

So you have defined around 5 times more contraband than many IDs and around 4 times the systems to demand it in.

I sense... a slight imbalance in the force.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27