Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unexpected Choices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unexpected Choices

[img float=left]http://i.imgur.com/LvmbP28.jpg?1[/img]
Name: Kai "Wraith" Braun
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair Color: Brown

[Image: A2I5rv4.png?2]

My name is Kai Braun, born in the heart of Rheinland, New Berlin. I was born 28 years ago, on Planet New Berlin, the home planet of Rheinland. Many say it is cool, many think other wise. I have a younger brother, Rainer Braun, he doesn't know I exist, or even know I'm alive. My existence in Rheinland is defined 'Missing' to all of those who knew me. I was born to a Militaristic family, following footsteps ran in our family, and I wasn't about to change that.

I went to school like every other kid did in Rheinland. In school, I had friends, some that went on to ruin their lives during the last years of school, and some that went on to do something useful and perhaps make a change in our future. All I know is, I don't exist to them anymore. Life after school was like every other new pilot trying to join the Rheinland Military. The training got more intense, it wasn't as easy as it seemed to be. Training every day, became annoying, but I got used to it; after all, it put me in shape. After on-ground training, we were moved to flight simulations. We were trained to react to different situations that we might come across during real-time flight.

Five long years, of learning, training, to what I thought I would become, a military pilot. My expectations were wrong, as I got offered a job, rather a contract. Contract of being a special operative for the Military. The contract offer was intriguing, and some what dangerous. The payment was good as well, would be enough to help my little brother and family at home. My father at the time was retired, and my brother was still a young kid. I accepted the offer thinking it would be a walk in the park, what could possibly go wrong, right?

I was told to say goodbye to my family, for I may not see them again. Ever since that last time I said goodbye, I haven't seen my family. Guess they were right all along.

My job or duty, whatever you want to call it, started earlier then I anticipated. I was given the proper gear, craft, devices, and so on. I was quickly placed under Freelancer transponders, to avoid any unnecessary trouble within hostile space. Still, flying the ship I did, it didn't feel very safe. It wasn't military-grade technology, but I guess that would let me fit it with the rest to avoid blowing my cover.

The tasks seemed rather simple, too simple, even. The simplicity of them made me wonder why I had to go through five years of training.

As life moved on, tasks began to be more then just "scout here" or "find him", they began to be more life threatening, and more things related to what they call 'Nomads'. I knew when I signed that contract, that I couldn't go back. I wasn't ready to give up my life just to go and die to find nothing or gain nothing for Rheinland. That day, I realized what a grave mistake I have made, signing the contract.

I didn't have a large variety of choices to make, and chance of survival was very thin. I had no choice but to run away. I knew this would be just as life-threatening as simply doing the contracted tasks. They would find me, they would kill me for disobeying orders, for running away. I wasn't after any secret documents, or betraying my homeland, but rather, to start a new life, somewhere where I am not chained to do things that could mean to kill you. I knew it was my fault; I shouldn't have taken up on the offer, now I wonder why no one else was interested. I should have seen this coming, but I was blinded by the high pay that was offered. No wonder they put such a high price, you technically become an expendable so the military can use you to gain something or even nothing, without getting their hands dirty.

My life started to take shape once again. Special Forces seemed to have begun to cool down about my disappearance, and not care for any longer. I settled all the way in Tau 29, on the Freeport. It seemed like a very peaceful place, and a place I could use as a hideout while things settled down. I went to the bar almost everyday, seeing what the other end of sirius was like. All I heard is Outcasts, Miners, Mercenaries, Junkers...seemed like trouble is in every end of sirius or a chance to start something new?

I came across a man, who spoke about the 'Samarran Raiders', a group of brothers. They didn't seem like any other men you see fly around, or any of the men in the bar. Something was different about them. I decided to contact one of them, he went by the name of Jared Nomak, or known as a Warlord to ones familiar with Samarran Raiders. The day I met him, I was expecting a very mean or rude approach from his end, but it ended up me going along with him.

They accepted me as a new brother to the family, I soon became a Raider, and met many different people. One specifically was David. David wasn't like the most, he seemed very quiet, reminds me of what I used to be growing up. He always had a mask on, which made me wonder why, but I didn't ask unnecessary questions.

I won't talk about my life as a Raider, I rather keep it unknown to those who aren't with the Samarran Raiders. The group of brothers would soon fall apart, and we all scattered, leaving to different places in sirius. I decided to stay in the Taus and Omicrons. I felt more free there, more wanted, and respected as a man.

I began to wonder, is this it? Will my life end like this? Those questions began to haunt me day...and night. Memories began to come along, memories of close death, memories of seeing a fellow friend die, not seeing your family and so on. I wanted to go away from my past...I want...to start new, to not be haunted by what I used to call 'life'.