Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need a bit of help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have been gone from the game for a while and just logged back in after getting all the new updates and I noticed that half of my weapons are missing on my carrier,  and also, none of my ships can see anyone on radar anywhere in game. It also doesn't seem that anyone can see my chat messages but I can see theirs.. Is there some new radar update that I need to get or something? I would love to get back into playing but it's impossible when I can't even see other ships in space. Any help on the matter is much appreciated.

TY and hopefully I'll see you guys in space!
(11-29-2014, 10:16 PM)BattleHammer Wrote: [ -> ]So, I have been gone from the game for a while and just logged back in after getting all the new updates and I noticed that half of my weapons are missing on my carrier,  and also, none of my ships can see anyone on radar anywhere in game. It also doesn't seem that anyone can see my chat messages but I can see theirs.. Is there some new radar update that I need to get or something? I would love to get back into playing but it's impossible when I can't even see other ships in space. Any help on the matter is much appreciated.

TY and hopefully I'll see you guys in space!

Do you have a discovery scanner mounted? Those have been removed or discontinued I believe, and so have no scanning range. Just try buying a new scanner from the equipment dealer in the base you are at. 

See you in space!
Jtan
Hmm, I am pretty sure that all my ships have Discovery scanners. That might just be it. Thank you very much, I will log back in and see if it fixes it. Still not sure why most of my guns are missing on my carrier though.
(11-29-2014, 10:28 PM)BattleHammer Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I am pretty sure that all my ships have Discovery scanners. That might just be it. Thank you very much, I will log back in and see if it fixes it. Still not sure why most of my guns are missing on my carrier though.

The entire way in which the server handles weapon classes has been re-arranged a couple of different times relatively recently (disco development time-wise).  If you haven't played since those happened, the guns you used to use may have been deleted and/or were incompatible with the new class system.
Yep, new scanner fixed the problem with not being able to see other ships. Thank you for that.

Thank you as well for the info Leppy. It seems there have been quite a few changes since I played last so I'll have to do some reading before jumping back in. Why did it have to be the carrier weapons though?! Those things are expensive! Smile Hopefully I can remember how to make money and get everything back to normal quickly. Tongue

Thanks again and see you in space!