Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Banned: Gregorr / Jim_Beam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gregorr / Jim_Beam has been banned for:

Quote:Server Rule  1.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private is prohibited under any circumstances. Threats and insults are only allowed on the server if used within roleplay.

2.2 Threatening other players with reports and sanctions or attempting to pose as an Admin is not allowed.

1.7 Metagaming

Consequences:  For someone who likes to call others a jerk, you have an amazing tendency to act like one yourself.  The Ageira player was well within his rights to pirate you, considering you carried Gate Lane Parts.  (Just because you fly an unarmed vessel, doesn't make you immune to piracy by the way.) I think even you admitted he had the right...eventually. But, you still called him names, even though he patiently tried to help you and remained remarkably calm through the whole incident.  You then, as promised, logged another character and harassed him some more.  That is metagaming, in case you didn't know.  I'm guessing you did.  

We've decided to give you a seven day vacation from the server as a result of your less than desirable conduct.  If you decide to return after that, try and behave yourself.

Admin Link

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
(12-04-2014, 03:48 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]Gregorr / Jim_Beam has been banned for:

Quote:Server Rule  1.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private is prohibited under any circumstances. Threats and insults are only allowed on the server if used within roleplay.

2.2 Threatening other players with reports and sanctions or attempting to pose as an Admin is not allowed.

1.7 Metagaming

Consequences:  For someone who likes to call others a jerk, you have an amazing tendency to act like one yourself.  The Ageira player was well within his rights to pirate you, considering you carried Gate Lane Parts.  (Just because you fly an unarmed vessel, doesn't make you immune to piracy by the way.)  I think even you admitted he had the right...eventually.  But, you still called him names, even though he patiently tried to help you and remained remarkably calm through the whole incident.  You then, as promised, logged another character and harassed him some more.  That is metagaming, in case you didn't know.  I'm guessing you did.  

We've decided to give you a seven day vacation from the server as a result of your less than desirable conduct.  If you decide to return after that, try and behave yourself.

Admin Link

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

Quit hiding the rules in obscure small print and maybe people would be aware of them or better yet, if I wasn't allowed to haul trade lane parts, how come I wasn't warned not to buy them by the game???

Convoluted rules that nobody follows unless they have 3 hours a day to read the forum.

Last time I checked, calling somebody a jerk is not offensive or racist or anything else.

I didn't threaten anything or pretend to be an Admin.

I didn't return to the same system under a different character for purposes of PVP.

So I followed the rules.

Doesn't matter. The server is full of cheaters who can shoot you with a Charon turret from 2000m away buy you don't care about that. You just make a big deal out of me calling somebody a jerk.

That was a week ago. Where have you been?

He was a being a JERK and SO ARE YOU!!!
I'm sorry, that was not the response we were looking for.  Maybe something along the lines of, "Oh, my bad.  My temper got the best of me when I got pirated.  Won't happen again."  Or maybe, "I respectfully disagree Mr. Admin, and this is why."  Those are what we call "mature responses".  You know what maturity is, right?  You can Google it, if it sounds unfamiliar to you.

The Admins patiently dealt with you already in this sanction.  If you recall, you didn't exhibit much maturity there either.  

So, what to do with you?  

I think what we need to see is some real growth on your part before we allow you back in the game.  Instead of going on some prepubescent rant when things don't go your way, maybe you can prove to us that you can be accountable for your actions and convince us that you will act in a mature manner going forward.  Personally, I have my doubts.  Consider yourself banned indefinitely until that happens.  Also, if you try posting here without the requisite levels of maturity, you will lose your posting abilities on this forum.

Good day to you, sir.
(12-04-2014, 02:58 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, that was not the response we were looking for.  Maybe something along the lines of, "Oh, my bad.  My temper got the best of me when I got pirated.  Won't happen again."  Or maybe, "I respectfully disagree Mr. Admin, and this is why."  Those are what we call "mature responses".  You know what maturity is, right?  You can Google it, if it sounds unfamiliar to you.

The Admins patiently dealt with you already in this sanction.  If you recall, you didn't exhibit much maturity there either.  

So, what to do with you?  

I think what we need to see is some real growth on your part before we allow you back in the game.  Instead of going on some prepubescent rant when things don't go your way, maybe you can prove to us that you can be accountable for your actions and convince us that you will act in a mature manner going forward.  Personally, I have my doubts.  Consider yourself banned indefinitely until that happens.  Also, if you try posting here without the requisite levels of maturity, you will lose your posting abilities on this forum.

Good day to you, sir.

Mature: 1: based on slow careful consideration <a mature judgment>

Pomp·ous 1: having or showing the attitude of people who speak and behave in a very formal and serious way because they believe that they are better, smarter, or more important than other people

Which definition applies to you and which one to me? Hmmmm...

I did a little research. I can play on your server anytime I want. Do as you wish.

You'd have to ban every IP on the east coast of the US to get rid of me.

I have a box full of old equipment. I can change my IP and/or mac address 100 times.

Google it.

Good day sir!
Challenge Accepted.