Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Player [sort of ] and Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello... New Player that used to play on the Void Server. Been out of it a while and wanted to come back and explore. Had an old version of discovery think 4.84 ran fine.

My old call tags were .:[D3FiL3R]:. and [Cowboy_Bebop] on that server if anyone migrated here.

Which leads me to my next issue: SP runs fine for me in full detail but when I try to log into discovery server i immediately crash. Updated drivers and same issue. Did notice "integrity fail" on Freelancer during discovery 4.87 instal but runs fine in SP otherwise. Any Ideas??
You need a clean/fresh Freelancer Vanilla instalation before you install Discovery mod.
Most likely you've changed some files from Freelancer Vanilla. That can explain the "integrity fail" messega you are getting.

I'd seggest you delete both Discovery and Freelancer Vanilla, then install them again.
yep total wipe of FL and disco, reinstall vanilla to default folders, then disco

the disco exe isnt in the c drive usual program files etc etc, but in your appdata etc etc

"AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.87.0\exe"
ok i give that a try.....ty (sorry... my post was prob posted in wrong spot)
Welcome ! Have fun.
Ahoj and welcome! Smile
Yep...  That did the trick....  Actually purchased a new disk to as my other instal was *sketchy...* to say the least.

Now to read the rules....  thanks again..

~D3F
Glad you figured it out.
(12-06-2014, 11:22 PM)D3FiL3R Wrote: [ -> ]Hello... New Player that used to play on the Void Server. Been out of it a while and wanted to come back and explore. Had an old version of discovery think 4.84 ran fine.

My old call tags were .:[D3FiL3R]:. and [Cowboy_Bebop] on that server if anyone migrated here.

Which leads me to my next issue: SP runs fine for me in full detail but when I try to log into discovery server i immediately crash. Updated drivers and same issue. Did notice "integrity fail" on Freelancer during discovery 4.87 instal but runs fine in SP otherwise. Any Ideas??
(12-06-2014, 11:22 PM)D3FiL3R Wrote: [ -> ]Hello... New Player that used to play on the Void Server. Been out of it a while and wanted to come back and explore. Had an old version of discovery think 4.84 ran fine.

Helllo and welcome back, here is a little bit of extra, find and download Discovery Launch-Pad ( if you don't already know about it ) It was made by a person here so it is legal, it gives you the opprotunity to gather many ships. Way more then just 5
The other is FL Discovery Watcher, a great program you can find everyone you know including what system they are in. or just revenge on a player who took you out ( Smile

See ya in space just holler if ya need assistance to many ships to name just ask for "Djoser 1970"