Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Freelancer ModDB page: Submit your screenshots and suggestions here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Among other things.

I am sure many have forgotten, but Disco has in fact snatched the ModDB prize once before, so it is not like we are at the end of the spectrum. In fact, currently we are at 246 of 22,697 mods. That, you should realize, is a lot.

Sadly, the page needs a huge update with screenshots, videos, not to mention an overhaul in general.

I would suggest also renaming the mod, after the final release of the current patch, to Discovery Freelancer 2015 or something. Just that people can see it is in fact being updated and alive. I realize many do not know about this, but ModDB is one of our main sources of new members, as odd as it sounds. We should keep that particular patch nice and clean. Especially have those comments moderated.
I have said that a thousand times !!!
(12-08-2014, 01:42 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Among other things.

I am sure many have forgotten, but Disco has in fact snatched the ModDB prize once before, so it is not like we are at the end of the spectrum. In fact, currently we are at 246 of 22,697 mods. That, you should realize, is a lot.

Sadly, the page needs a huge update with screenshots, videos, not to mention an overhaul in general.

I would suggest also renaming the mod, after the final release of the current patch, to Discovery Freelancer 2015 or something. Just that people can see it is in fact being updated and alive. I realize many do not know about this, but ModDB is one of our main sources of new members, as odd as it sounds. We should keep that particular patch nice and clean. Especially have those comments moderated.

A very good idea ! Smile
As someone who came here from Moddb, I fully support this idea. The current status of the page simply discourages people by it's 'abandoned' appearance.
' Wrote:Hi there. Obvius and noobish question who is responsible for the MoDB page? And if they don't care about it or don't have time how you plan to renovate it?
If anything comes into your mind count me in as help. Big Grin
That's a good idea, actually. If you peeps need help with screenshots and videos and whatever, just ask the community.
I totally agree. If you look at the page, it says that over 400 people visited the page today. It certainly needs a new update, then maybe if we even get 1% of the people visiting the page a day to play, the server would be full 24/7.
I second that motion spazzy!

Of all that needs a buff - this is it

Supplemental: I didn't find disco on moddb, but 4.83 added on a copied disc with flmm. A friend got me the iso.
I approve
I wonder if we, the average community members can be of any use in editing that page or something of that sort. I first saw Disco during 4.85 pre release in ModDB after fervently searching for Freelancer expansions. And I am sure, that it could attract a lot more people than all the other means put together.
(12-08-2014, 05:20 PM)Moriarty. Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if we, the average community members can be of any use in editing that page or something of that sort...
Yes, you can. Please feel free to make any specific suggestions in this thread. Anything ranging from ideas to entire paragraphs of text you've written that might be nice to display. Screenshots of all kinds of content are also welcome.

Thread pinned.
Pages: 1 2 3 4